Author Topic: Good evening, and it's a wonderful week in the political neighborhood!...  (Read 14110 times)

Offline Gamle-ged

Hi, all! I'm late of the currently out-of-order scion of DU, "Discussionist" which, being on the same server(s) as DU, is undergoing a dirt-nap of indeterminate length. I believe I recognize some of the handles here and anyone from DI will recognize my handle which I've left unchanged...

:)
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Good evening, and it's a wonderful week in the political neighborhood!...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 05:52:53 PM »
Welcome!

By the way, how'd you learn about us?  We're pretty small, pretty hard to find.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 06:14:20 PM »
CC was mentioned occasionally on DU (unfavorably) and on DI (favorably!)...

:wink:
"This is football season. A team can have more yards and lose the game. What matters is how many points you put on the board. The Electoral College is the points."   (Newt Gingrich)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 06:29:47 PM »
Welcome!
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:55:36 AM »
Welcome! I'm not a denizen of DI or DU (or so I say, :-) ) and don't wander in there much. I get a very good - or maybe bad - taste of what that bin and its Lib/Prog dwellers are like from folks here.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 07:50:10 AM »
Welcome! I'm not a denizen of DI or DU (or so I say, :-) ) and don't wander in there much. I get a very good - or maybe bad - taste of what that bin and its Lib/Prog dwellers are like from folks here.

I'd occasionally observed DU over maybe 13 years but never joined, me not fitting the "qualifications" they state of "supporting Democratic candidates and views." At one point in late 2013, I saw a post there referencing a DISGUSTING political site populated in part by "evil Conservatives" called "Discussionist" and I thought, "THAT sounds about right for me!" Later mentions of "Conservative Cave" on both sites piqued my interest and when DU and DI were taken down on election day, I started jonesing for some politics talk and remembered CC...

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 08:03:11 AM »
Welcome!

By the way, how'd you learn about us?  We're pretty small, pretty hard to find.

But mighty. 

Small but mighty.

And I still feel cheated by DU and Du Jr. not being up to provide all that delicious schadenfreude.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 08:55:45 AM »
I'd occasionally observed DU over maybe 13 years but never joined, me not fitting the "qualifications" they state of "supporting Democratic candidates and views." At one point in late 2013, I saw a post there referencing a DISGUSTING political site populated in part by "evil Conservatives" called "Discussionist" and I thought, "THAT sounds about right for me!" Later mentions of "Conservative Cave" on both sites piqued my interest and when DU and DI were taken down on election day, I started jonesing for some politics talk and remembered CC...

Welcome.

I too do not venture forth into DUmmieland, figuring life's too short to analyze certifiable lunatics and their ilk.

But I wasn't aware that some hacker (cough, cough) actually scrambled their brains over there more than usual.

Personally, I think that's a bit much figuring that sewer rats need their sewers, and woe unto the guy to keep them from their Ptomaine Palace. Hey, franksolich gets a bang out of that stuff and who the hell am I to take frank's bang away from him?  :whistling:   :lmao:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 10:46:05 AM »
Welcome.

I too do not venture forth into DUmmieland, figuring life's too short to analyze certifiable lunatics and their ilk.

But I wasn't aware that some hacker (cough, cough) actually scrambled their brains over there more than usual.

Personally, I think that's a bit much figuring that sewer rats need their sewers, and woe unto the guy to keep them from their Ptomaine Palace. Hey, franksolich gets a bang out of that stuff and who the hell am I to take frank's bang away from him?  :whistling:   :lmao:

Think of DU as a marshalling yard of human trainwrecks.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline It_Guy

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 05:07:40 PM »
Hey Gamle-Ged

Good to see you here!

My first post so am duly happy to have found a new home since DI was taken down.  Don't believe it for second that there was any hack involved with the DUmp or Discussionist going down.

If DI was up during election night and thereafter, the liberals would have gotten a never ending thrashing.  Skinner must have known what was coming and simply provided safe space.

Hey Gamle, anybody else here from DI?

Offline Gamle-ged

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 08:31:12 PM »
There are eight to ten or so, a few with same or similar handles, Attila Gorilla for one, a couple with VERY distinguishable "artwork"  or .gif and modified handle. Some have been on CC for quite a while already, such as MoshMasterD.
 I've used the same or nearly the same handle everywhere I've gone since '98 with W98 op.sys. and dial- up modem...

:)

Here is a link to a DI thread...

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=110370.0
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 08:38:46 PM by Gamle-ged »