Author Topic: I know Trump's base is solid. but how can they be broken?  (Read 4099 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
I know Trump's base is solid. but how can they be broken?
« on: October 18, 2019, 06:41:50 PM »
imanamerican63 (7,176 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212598266

He stands in front of them with lie after lie. I know some really smart people and they still favor him over the sane candidate. Some are family and friends, along with those I work with or worked with in the past. A scary time for how these people will react when Trump is gone, either by death, by the law or by losing the election. They won't believe the truth and their frustration will be amped up to the highest point. I quit talking politics with any of them because they won't listen to the truth and think Trump will them right, which further from the true story.

:whatever:

Star Member kimbutgar (11,275 posts)

32. Yesterday I was working a job where the lady had Limp on

He is convinced that the “demo -rats’ are lying and setting up mf45 and that he is innocent. The deep state wants to take down the most effective and loved president ever.

I almost wanted to vomit hearing this. It was an older woman who had the tv news ( local on loud) in one room and limp in the living room. I was trying talk with her and it was hard hearing her answers. I asked her nicely if she could turn off the radio because it was hard hearing her. She promptly turned it off, my co worker mouthed behind her thank you to me. Her late husband was a big mf45 and NRA supporter. I took a picture of the baseball caps he wore with mf45, militia and nra pins on them. I was packing her up to move to her family in Ohio. I was so tempted to throw away those hats but I packed them anyway.

So limp is here until he dies from an oxy overdose or heart attack.

What a piece of shit.

unblock (43,360 posts)

18. many republicans are indeed "smart people", just not when it comes to politics.

which is the truly remarkable thing. people can be brilliant in some areas and horrifically ignorant in others.

one of the key differences between democrats and republicans is that republicans seem vastly more likely to think their expertise in one (non-political) area makes their political expertise somehow more credible.

Star Member RKP5637 (56,650 posts)

3. It could pave the way for someone even worse than tRump in the future. I am amazed and stunned at

how many Americans support this freak! A total WTF!

Garrett78 (9,018 posts)

4. His "strongly approve" # is in the upper 20s. Those folks are a lost cause.

There may be some hope for the less enthusiastic Trump supporters, but we really ought to focus on boosting turnout among POC, youth and white suburban women.

24/7 anti-trump propaganda on the MSM and Trump's approval today is 41.7%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Barry, who the press kissed his ass every single second of the day, had an approval rating of 43.2% att his exact same time in his presidency...  :whatever:

Why do DUmmies have to lie, about everything, all the time?

Garrett78 (9,018 posts)

42. With 2008-level turnout, we win. Simple as that.

Trump is on his way to an easy win in 2020, according to Moody’s accurate election model
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/moodys-trump-on-his-way-to-an-easy-2020-win-if-economy-holds-up.html

:-)

Otto Lidenbrock (361 posts)

7. If there's a leaked recording of him bashing them as idiots

:thatsright:  Unlike all the video of the Dems calling the American people idiots, deplorables, Nazis, etc.etc.etc. ...

:loser:

unblock (43,360 posts)

19. lack of education is a virtue for them, remember?

and insisting he wouldn't lose support even if he killed someone? that's praising them for their loyalty.

yeah, those statements cost him roughly zero supporters.

:whatever:

Star Member catbyte (14,844 posts)

9. I don't think they can. They are so hornswoggled, so invested in this con man that if they admit the truth about him their entire worldview will crumble. It's sad, pathetic, and scary. The only bright side I can see to this is it appears that most of his hardcore cultists tend to be older and will be less able to create havoc when Dear Leader is deposed. I've never seen anything like it in this country. I really think they went nuts when they realized that a Black man could be, and was, elected President--twice!--and this is the result. I don't think that even if TRUMPRAVDA turns against him they will turn against the network instead of that thing currently infesting the White House. I don't see an end to it short of them dying out or full-blown cult deprogramming and I'm being serious. It's crazy.

:thatsright:

Star Member kimbutgar (11,275 posts)

33. My hubby works with a cult member who gets loud and insists mf45 is the greatest

President ever. The guy only talks politics and attacks The liberals. My husband has gotten to the point that he will barely interact with him and walks away from him when he starts foaming at the mouth at how mf45 is the greatest.

cool story, bro.  ::)

NewJeffCT (54,079 posts)

14. If the economy goes downhill AND the media reports on it not doing well, then at least some of the base will turn on him.

Yes, I know the economy is only mediocre with exploding deficits, but the media keeps repeating the Trump mantra of a great economy.

And, we only need some of the base to either stay home, vote 3rd party of even (gasp) vote Democratic to win and win handily - people recall Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, but Florida and NC were very close as well

Star Member lunatica (44,133 posts)

16. I think they were broken before Trump

Especially in the humanity aspect. I’m serious. When you hate as much as they do there’s something wrong with you. They’re defective. Broken. And it’s not just caused by bad economic times. In many cases it runs in families for generations. Instead of family values that teach respect, both for oneself or others, the family legacy is anger and hate.

:whatever: It's like they don't look in the mirror at all...

Kurt V. (3,940 posts)

28. only about 4 to 6 percent can be. and his manliness (lack of) is a key.

not kidding. google george lakoff.

:yawn:

edhopper (23,081 posts)

36. Forget about them

they are too far gone or were deplorable to begin with.

He cannot win with just his base. So lets work on those independents who can be persuaded.

kentuck (93,908 posts)

40. Tell them he hates country music..

He thinks hillbillies are stupid.

He despises NASCAR races.

He pretends that he likes Jesus.

He was too much of a coward to go to Vietnam.

He thinks they will believe any lie he tells them.

If it wasn't for votes, he would never visit the South.

He actually does love Putin and hates America.

He truly hates our military.

kentuck just layed out the Dem agenda...

brettdale (10,032 posts)

43. Only one thing will break them

Doesnt matter if the N word tape comes out, or the hooker tape, or the
sexual assault of a child tape, doesnt matter if Faux News Provides evidence
of all his crimes. He could take a dump on the flag and They will stand by him.

If he comes out as gay though, they will drop him.

:thatsright:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: I know Trump's base is solid. but how can they be broken?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 07:11:13 AM »
I'll be doing a 10K in a few hours, wearing a plain red Head Sweats hat :-) . I wonder if I'll trigger any Progs. :-) Most among runners are sane - or at least not politically insane - but this is a very community event, with much wider participation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 11:09:47 AM »
I'll be doing a 10K in a few hours, wearing a plain red Head Sweats hat :-) . I wonder if I'll trigger any Progs. :-) Most among runners are sane - or at least not politically insane - but this is a very community event, with much wider participation.
Need to have "triggered?" Written across the front in white
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 01:40:10 PM »
Well, I didn't get any stink-eye looks, that I noticed.

Am I the only one who finds it curious that DUpipo are more interested in "breaking" Trump's base than in persuading American voters generally that Dem nominee ________ will be better for the US than Trump has been?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »

No, next stupid question.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 02:39:49 PM »
Need to have "triggered?" Written across the front in white

I almost want a red hat that says "It's just a hat" embroidered on the front.  Perhaps something else more verbose and vulgar.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »
We would've already broken with Trump.  Since we haven't, we aren't.

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 06:13:15 PM »
[quote
If he comes out as gay though, they will drop him.][/quote]

:lmao: :rotf:

"My fellow Americans:  After a lifetime spent with beautiful women, and having all these terrific children, in my 70's I now realize I liked guys better all along." 

Still wouldn't drop him. 

The Dummies go clinically insane:

Response to imanamerican63 (Original post)
Fri Oct 18, 2019, 06:20 PM
 0rganism (22,190 posts)
31. easy, Trump pulls off his ridiculous mask and turns out to be Rashida Tlaib in disguise

90% of his base would desert him in minutes

uponit7771 (58,815 posts)
38. Trump turns into a black or Hispanic women

:mental:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:25:21 PM by Karin »

Offline fatboy

• Does this gun make me look fat?
  • skinnier than the average primitive
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 10:03:27 AM »

I decided that about this time last year I needed to start doing some kind of exercise. Not that I'm totally out of shape or overweight, I just wanted to get a little bit more physically active. Anyway, due to an ankle injury and other misc. foot issues I decided that my mode of exercise would be bicycle riding. In the past I have enjoyed riding and had I decent 35 year old road bicycle and a 15 year old hybred mountain bike. The thing is the entire bicycle industry, top to bottom is filled with liberals/snobs.

So, I set a goal and started working on meeting the goal. My goal was to participate with a local bicycle club that has as it's main event every year is participation in a charity 65 mile ride that raises money to support the children and families if slain police, firefighters and EMS. My new found club with 150 members raised a whopping $70,000 and the event with 2500 riders, raised over a million dollars. I have to say that there are few liberals interested in helping families of slain or LODDs for first responders so that event is a joy to be a part of with many conservatives in the ranks.  The ride itself is monitored by hundreds of police and fire fighters, appreciative of the effort on their behalf, everywhere along the 65 miles of roadway you would see them keeping the traffic at arms length. The event was so much fun I really cannot wait to do it again in 2020.
"We will bring back our jobs. We will bring back our borders. We will bring back our wealth - and we will bring back our dreams!" -President Donald J. Trump 1/20/17

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 10:25:45 AM »
imanamerican63 (7,176 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212598266

He stands in front of them with lie after lie. I know some really smart people and they still favor him over the sane candidate.
Sane?

Hillary thinks she won the election and Tulsi is a Russian agent. You turds believe the same thing.  :mental:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke