Author Topic: Tense White House exchange  (Read 1229 times)

Offline thundley4

Tense White House exchange
« on: December 04, 2009, 07:54:34 PM »
Contentious exchanges between White House press secretaries and members of the media have been fairly commonplace during the past few presidential administrations.

However, the one that took place Wednesday between White House press secretary Robert Gibbs and April Ryan of American Urban Radio, in which Gibbs essentially compared Ryan to a petulant child, is among the most heated (and entertaining) in recent memory.

The testy exchange was sparked by Ryan's insistent questioning of White House social secretary Desiree Rogers' role at the recent state dinner, which has been in the headlines because of the fallout from Tareq and Michaele Salahi's "party crashing."

Ryan claimed that there have been whispers around Washington insinuating that Rogers had overstepped the traditional role of her title at the event to become the "belle of the ball," thus "overshadowing the first lady." Frustrated by Ryan's tabloid-y line of questioning, Gibbs instructed her to "calm down" and to take a deep breath," adding "I do this with my son and that's what happens."

As the press corps cringed, murmured and chuckled at Gibbs' chastising, Ryan shot back: "Don't play with me." Check it out:
Yahoo
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rKhbzJ8YeU&[/youtube]

There is something going on with this Desiree Rogers thing.  Why is the White House claiming protection for her under separation of powers BS for something that the WH claims was no big deal?  Could 0Bama be having an affair with her, one of the 0Bama's , anyway?  Not saying, but just asking.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 07:55:43 PM by Chris »

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Tense White House exchange
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »
What struck me as hypocritical is how THIS (Democrat) White House says she's not going to be interviewed claiming that the staff is off limits...yet they had no problem hollering long and loud that members of the White House staff of the last (Republican) White House should be not only drug before Congressional committees left and right...they should be arrested too.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 08:49:59 PM »
the usual liberal  hypocracy.....an affair with the president?...wouldn't that be a juicy little tidbit.. :lmao:

Offline 5412

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »
Yahoo
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rKhbzJ8YeU&[/youtube]

There is something going on with this Desiree Rogers thing.  Why is the White House claiming protection for her under separation of powers BS for something that the WH claims was no big deal?  Could 0Bama be having an affair with her, one of the 0Bama's , anyway?  Not saying, but just asking.

Hi,

The guy from Milwaukee who filled in for Limbaugh today had the best answer as to why she will not be testifying.  She know the answer to how and why the couple got in and the president does not want the world to know......simple as that.

I suspect he is spot on with that analysis.

regards,

Offline bkg

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 10:38:51 PM »
Agree 100%, 5412. The administration will throw the SS under the buss on this one.

Hypocricy is strong with this administration.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 12:49:02 AM »
I wonder how long they can keep it quiet
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline bkg

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 12:54:37 AM »
I wonder how long they can keep it quiet

When you have CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC and CNN in your pocket....

a long time.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 08:11:43 AM »
Remember, most open administration ever--that is, as long as you don't ask any questions.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Patriot Lady

• Credo ut intellegam
  • Just Off Probation
  • Courage
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 08:21:55 AM »
Very interesting to say the least. It seems that no one in the administration knows what is happening or has control over anything. One Faux Pax after another. And people want them to run a country? Scary, to say the least!
"THERE IS NOTHING MORE FRIGHTENING THAN ACTIVE IGNORANCE."
-- Goethe

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 09:06:53 AM »
Good Lord, that's an extremely out-of-line comment for a press secretary to make to a reporter.  Well, fine with me if they hit bottom and keep digging.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.