Author Topic: Inserting Pics.  (Read 5030 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Inserting Pics.
« on: October 07, 2009, 01:50:16 PM »
Ok, I get that I have to go to addl options, and attach the photo, but they always end up eeny beeny.  How can I insert one that is nice and big, requiring no squinting. 

Thanks!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline YupItsMe

Re: Inserting Pics.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:19:24 PM »
Test

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 02:22:12 PM by YupItsMe »

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:21:20 PM »
I have a photobucket account (www.photobucket.com). Load pics into it, then upload into here. It's free and ever so much easier.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 02:25:25 PM »
Yup:  Same thing that happens to me.

Deb:  I think I already have a photobucket account.  I don't fool around with that so much.  So, I can upload a photo that isn't mine into photobucket, and then I would do the Insert Image thingy from the shortcut tool bar up there?  ^

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 02:26:53 PM »

Deb:  I think I already have a photobucket account.  I don't fool around with that so much.  So, I can upload a photo that isn't mine into photobucket, and then I would do the Insert Image thingy from the shortcut tool bar up there?  ^

Most pictures can be added to photobucket using the url of the picture.  You can also "right click" a picture, save it to your computer then upload it to photobucket.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »
Thanks!  I am gonna have to fiddle with that. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 02:28:16 PM »

yep what Thundley said.

I right click a pic, that isn't mine, copy the properties, then put it in "my pictures" then upload to photobucket.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 02:30:32 PM »
  It was certainly simple enough to insert the above pic.  Quicker than Imageshack or photobucket I would imagine.  The problem is that viewers than have to click picture to view in larger size.

(Yup, finds another way to show off trout he caught on Saturday)

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 02:51:25 PM »
 It was certainly simple enough to insert the above pic.  Quicker than Imageshack or photobucket I would imagine.  The problem is that viewers than have to click picture to view in larger size.

(Yup, finds another way to show off trout he caught on Saturday)

Nice fish by the way! Did you eat it? :drool:

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 03:05:01 PM »

Nice fish by the way! Did you eat it? :drool:

Not yet.  saving it for when my Dad comes over.  He really likes trout. 

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 10:34:37 PM »
If you attach a pic through the forum, it always shows small. If you click on it after it's been posted, one can see it in it's true size. It's best not to exceed 640 x 480, otherwise many folks will have problems displaying the entire pic.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 09:03:31 AM »
Well now, that makes alot of sense.  Thanks.