Author Topic: The Betsy Ross flag is the new dog-whistle Confederate flag  (Read 5879 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The Betsy Ross flag is the new dog-whistle Confederate flag
« on: September 07, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »
demmiblue (22,158 posts)

The Betsy Ross flag is the new dog-whistle Confederate flag

Kid Rock honoring military members last night. Awesome show.

:bird:

Star Member TheBlackAdder (13,395 posts)

1. Is that like one of those III percenters symbols, without the III?

I often think they can't be that stupid.... I am often wrong.

Star Member StarryNite (4,182 posts)

2. Kid Rock

What a piece of excrement.

Star Member Hoyt (39,428 posts)

4. Come on, it's just "heritage." A heritage of hatred.

Star Member Baitball Blogger (32,181 posts)

5. My neighbors were flying a funky flag with stars

That are in the shape of a star.hope they fly the Betsy Ross. It would make the case to prove the odd grabfest that has been going on in my neighborhood is based on racism and an attempt by white supremacists to create an insular society.

:mental: :thatsright: :mental: :thatsright:

Igel (28,849 posts)

8. I'm gonna guess that it's there

not because it's just a nice historical flag,

nor because a handful of skinheads used it, as one of many flags, and we define others by the worst among them,

but because "we" decided that since a few skinheads used it that must be its One True Eternal Meaning and as a result everybody who has ever used it, however they may have deluded themselves at the time, is automatically both a racist and inferior to us

and because he really likes tweaking "our" noses.

Can someone explain to me why the Betsy Ross Flag, the first flag of our country, is now racist?

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: The Betsy Ross flag is the new dog-whistle Confederate flag
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 02:03:44 PM »
Quote from: dutch508
Can someone explain to me why the Betsy Ross Flag, the first flag of our country, is now racist?

Because the no talent, oxygen thieving, waste of skin Colon Krapernick said it was.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 10:35:39 AM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 02:09:15 PM »
[quote author=dutch508 link=topic=120790.msg1Can someone explain to me why the Betsy Ross Flag, the first flag of our country, is now racist?

Because the no talent, oxygen thieving, waste of skin Colon Krapernick said it was.

bitchslapped for ****ing up the linky-dink.

:whistling:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 02:36:07 PM »
These morons get so upset about the 13 stars on the Betsy Ross flag but complete ignore the 13 bars on the flag which represent the exact same thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 02:47:55 PM »
Satire has become so difficult. I don't know how the Babylon Bee does it so successfully.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 08:47:58 AM »
Real RACIST & HATRED FLAGs:

1. Mexico's flag

2. The African Power flag

3. The Rainbow flag.

4. The pANTIFA flag.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 10:29:59 AM »
OMG! Head Sweats has plain red running hats! I want!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 12:00:31 PM »
Pretty much everything is a dog whistle in liberals' addled brains.  Which I wholeheartedly enjoy.  And the best part is that 99% of the country doesn't obsess over such minutia.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 01:53:40 PM »
So . . . Does that mean that the gay hairdressers who live 200 yards away from me are secret conservatives?  They fly a Betsy Ross flag, and started when the current bovine excrement over the flag came to the current level.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 02:28:48 PM »
So . . . Does that mean that the gay hairdressers who live 200 yards away from me are secret conservatives?  They fly a Betsy Ross flag, and started when the current bovine excrement over the flag came to the current level.

Whatever they are, they are not DU-grade-loony.

Offline Aristotelian

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 08:22:49 AM »
Of course it's a symbol of hate - it's a symbol of America, and given that American values are the precise opposite of DUmmy values any American symbol represents the precise opposite of DUmmy-land...therefore they hate it.