Author Topic: Impotence rages unfettered on Skin's Island  (Read 801 times)

Offline thundley4

Impotence rages unfettered on Skin's Island
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:24:14 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6345753
Downtown Hound   (1000+ posts)           Wed Aug-19-09 12:20 PM
Original message
How do you deal with the rage?

Here's an interesting topic IMHO. I think everybody here is familiar with rage. We've all felt it, not only throughout our lives, but especially during the last nine years. We watched as a bumbling sociopath stole a presidency from us that we had rightfully won. We watched as 3000 human lives ended while he read a book about somebody's pet goat. We watched as he took us to war against a country that had nothing to do with the attack but everything to do with oil. We watched as countless innocent people and U.S. soldiers lost their lives, had their lives ruined, their bodies maimed, their minds shattered, and their souls die.

We watched as one of America's greatest cities was allowed to drown while the same bumbling sociopath cut cake with the man who would later run for president. We watched as our economy collapsed, and people with college degrees, good jobs, and good homes end up living in tent cities.

We also watched as our dreams of conquering the Republicans came to pass. We defeated McCain, took the House, and got a 60 seat majority in the Senate. And yet, we still can't seem to end the wars that we all hate, we can't get the health care we need, and the insanity of the right still seems to dominate our political discourse even though they are supposed to have no power.

What methods do you have for dealing with it? How do you personally handle all the rage that comes from it?

Maybe you are blaming the wrong people. Blame the Dimrats that can't act cohesively, because they were elected under false pretenses. To give you what you want,  many would lose their seat next election time.

dem629   (1000+ posts)           Wed Aug-19-09 12:24 PM
Response to Original message
3. No rage. Disappointment, yes. But you can't let rage take over your life.

It's just not worth it.

If I feel myself feeling too frustrated, I walk away from it. That will not be a popular opinion here, but that's fine with me. Everyone has their own methods of dealing with frustration, stress, etc.

Go do something you enjoy. Turn off those awful cable shows for a day or two. Work on a hobby. Play with an animal. Smile. Laugh. BREATHE and breathe deeply. It's amazing what slow deep breaths can do for you. Just enjoy something for a day, or two, or three.

Then go back to the politics refreshed. But take care of your own mental health first. Seriously.
Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

elocs   (1000+ posts)             Wed Aug-19-09 12:32 PM
Response to Reply #3
6. Me too. No rage, just disappointment.

Rage and hate are self destructive. Life is too short.
Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Parker CA   (1000+ posts)               Wed Aug-19-09 04:30 PM
Response to Reply #3
30. +1. Rage will do you no good. Yoga works for my general stress, but I never let it get close to

rage or even anger very often.

All three DUmmies are lying, but that is no surprise.

Not one DUmmie mentions going to DU and venting their rage.  :mental:

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
Re: Impotence rages unfettered on Skin's Island
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:52:28 PM »
Blech. Every time I go to DU to see what the enemy is doing I feel the need to take a shower afterwards. That's why I go to DUmmie Funnies to see what those pinheads are up to. Apparently even some of those people are turning against Dingle Barry.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:56:23 PM »
What methods do you have for dealing with it? How do you personally handle all the rage that comes from it?

If the stove is hot and burns me when I touch it, I stop touching it.
If I'm at a diner and I don't like the food, I stop going there.
If I'm at someone's house and come to despise them, I get up and leave.

www.orbitz.com
www.expedia.com
www.travelocity.com

Let the door knob hit you where the good Lord split you.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 07:05:39 PM »
Rage? Conquer?

LOL,  the Barbierian

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 07:45:47 PM »
"...A tale told by an idiot
Full of the sound and the fury
Signifying nothing."

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 10:11:08 PM »
I was confused by the title. I thought you were talking about the raging physical impotence on the island. I've sent many fishy e-mails to the White House snitch line that offered cures for that.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 07:14:19 AM »
The truth that all the DUmmies are avoiding is, the majority of the country does not think like they do. The fact that the dims control our govt and none of the policies they want have been implemented shows this to be true. If the people really wanted what the DUmp does the dems would have passed the legislation faster than you can say moonbat.
It kills the dummies that the majority is not with obama on this so they make up lame excuses.
The accusations that the right is lying isnot flying because everything we have griped about is right there in the bill.
The only thing that I can see that might be a slight stretch is the death panels but, if govt is running health care death panels are not a far fetched conclusion by any means. Obama himself has said health care needs to be streamlined and has said things like more pain pills less surgeries for older people.

The funniest (or most tragic) part of this whole thing was how on Sunday Obama said that, well maybe public option isnt so important, then by tuesday was saying don't believe your lying ears. The double talk is not working, for once the American people are paying attention and trying to get congress to get their heads out of their asses. Maybe Bill Clinton was skilled enough to double talk but, Obama can't pull it off, thankfully.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 08:15:43 AM »
Freeper, it's because obama came right out of the gate lying.  And, against his campaign promises, became perhaps the least transparent administrations in history, starting with the Porkulus, then the budget, then the series of evil, radical, insane czars, then on to today's deathscare.  He has lost all credibility and trust, and therefore, cannot doublespeak. 

The DUmp people for the most part are out and out commies.  And they refuse to see that the rest of the country doesn't think like they do?  Willful idiocy.   And if the OP up there is roiling with rage, well then he will die a young death.  Good riddance. 

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 08:27:57 AM »
Freeper, it's because obama came right out of the gate lying.  And, against his campaign promises, became perhaps the least transparent administrations in history, starting with the Porkulus, then the budget, then the series of evil, radical, insane czars, then on to today's deathscare.  He has lost all credibility and trust, and therefore, cannot doublespeak. 

The DUmp people for the most part are out and out commies.  And they refuse to see that the rest of the country doesn't think like they do?  Willful idiocy.   And if the OP up there is roiling with rage, well then he will die a young death.  Good riddance. 

Well when one is insane they see their own behavior as normal and the rest of the world is crazy. The dump is the same way. They think that if only the dems can get their message out that most of us will be converted. When the truth is they get their message out loud and clear that is why we reject what is being sold. They even go further to delude themselves, by DUing polls and living in an echo chamber. If they don't see dissent then most people must agree.

For 8 years they surrounded themselves by other Bush haters and actually convinced themselves that Bush was hated because "No one that I know can stand the guy". Basically the dummies have mastered the art of sticking their fingers in their ears and saying, "la la la la" when any facts are presented to them.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.