Author Topic: People REALLY angry about health care don't have time to go to the town halls  (Read 396 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
ProudToBeBlueInRhody  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-19-09 12:37 PM
Original message
People REALLY angry about health care don't have time to go to the town halls

They are too busy WORKING to pay for their medical issues out of pocket.

This should be beaten like a drum, right over the heads of teabaggers, turfers, birthers and the industry that funds them at the meetings!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6345876

I would think the people wanting free health care wouldn't be able to afford the gas to go to these things.
They are too busy sitting in the ER getting free care to attend town hall meetings.

billyoc  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-19-09 12:44 PM
Response to Original message
4. Most of them look like they're on Medicare to me.

Uhh maybe if you had some understanding you would realize that Obama is going to slash medicare. If they are on medicare as you suggest they are protecting their own interests. I do wanna know how you can tell if people are on medicare or not just by looking.

el_bryanto  Donating Member  (591 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-19-09 12:44 PM
Response to Original message
5. Yeah - this has been a complaint of the right for a long time

that our protesters, anti-war, anti free trade and the like, are a bunch of bums who have time to go protest in stead of work.

I don't know that I buy it.

Bryant

Where would we get that idea, when a lot of DUers keep saying they have been unemployed since the first Bush was in office.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline thundley4

Maybe some of those protesters are taking personal time off, or even there with their bosses blessing, since small business owners know they will be  :censored: by 0Bamacare.