Author Topic: primitives being jealous of rich people  (Read 1792 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives being jealous of rich people
« on: August 18, 2009, 08:13:07 AM »
http://demopedia.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6330152

Oh my.

Conspicuous by his absence is Pedro Picasso, to defend himself.

LAGC  (371 posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 05:26 PM
Original message

Why Do I Harbor So Much Hatred Toward Rich People?

I'm honestly trying to figure it out.

Is it envy? I don't have any particular desire to be rich myself, especially if it means attaining such wealth the way so many other people have.

Is it jealousy? I don't particularly like the fact that there are so few rich people when there are so many more poor people who don't have what they have, but I don't really resent them for that reason alone.

What is it then? Could it just be the fact that to become rich it means stepping on so many other people below you in order to get ahead? In effect, EXPLOITING people in order to attain for oneself a vastness of resources that you in effect deny everyone else? Even this wouldn't be so bad if the rich didn't bitch about the fact that a portion (or even half) of their ill-gotten wealth gets taxed back by the PEOPLE that the government is supposed to represent!

I mean, you watch reality shows like "How'd You Get So Rich?" with Joan Rivers on the TVLAND channel, and listen to the "rags-to-riches" success stories. Doesn't it ever strike you how in all of those cases its either: a) getting people underneath them to make money off of their labors; OR b) charging exorbitant prices for their products which in effect distributes wealth from everyday people into their greedy little hands?

Do I think we should do away with all rich people? No, for you can never mandate total economic equality without a government gaining too much control over its populace. But do I have a problem with "redistribution of wealth" where the rich are taxed slightly higher than everyone else to pay for their unfair burden of resources that they hog to themselves? NO! After all, its often THEY who benefit the most from government protections of all their wealth in the form of the police and courts, and from wars and other machinations of the State. They ought to pay their disproportionately fair share!

Am I really wrong to think this way?

It's a big bonfire, so only the PoPs are quoted here.

The defrocked warped primitive describes Pedro Picasso:

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 05:33 PM
Response to Reply #1

6. Exactly, they're spoiled brats who won't share and nobody likes those, not even other spoiled brats.

They will continue to scream and howl until they can fall asleep on a pile of all the toys in the universe.

They don't exactly hate us, they are indifferent to us. Once they've taken everything from us, we simply cease to exist to them.

Alas, the unfrocked warped primitive could've been among the rich, if she hadn't mistaken a patient's drugs for hers.

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 06:18 PM
Response to Reply #16

36. Those are the hired help and they do hate us because they're hired help and desperate to feel as though they'll never be able to fall back down to our level or that they've never risen that far above it in the first place.

I've had old money friends and acquaintances, sit on charitable boards old money. Trust me, they are indifferent.

They leave the hating to the hired help.

Sounds like the Kennedys to me.

The maudlin waif primitive:

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 05:28 PM
Response to Original message

2. I don't hate rich people... 

I hate rich, selfish people.

Some people can't quite grasp the difference.

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 05:48 PM
Response to Reply #18

21. Awesome... 

People who take without giving back are the problem.

The Soviet mole:

Kievan Rus (465 posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 07:06 PM
Response to Reply #18

53. Old money vs. new money

Old money (inheritance and multi-generation wealthy) tends to be selfish and greedy.

New money (i.e. they actually EARNED it) are generally much better people.

Fire_Medic_Dave  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 05:35 PM

9. Can you classify rich?

Fire_Medic_Dave  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 05:40 PM
Response to Reply #11

14. So people like President Obama and Vice President Biden?

Fire_Medic_Dave  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 05:48 PM
Response to Reply #15

19. I'm not sure I understand your point.

They are all still rich according to the OP's standard.

The imperious primitive:

The empressof all   (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 05:38 PM

12. Honestly, I think it's an easy target...

I mean what is "rich". People who have more than you or a whole lot more. That's also relative. I got a new car last night through the Cash with Clunkers Program. To someone homeless--I'm rich. I bought a very low end economy car. It was all I needed and I couldn't spend more right now.

I've been able to accumulate stuff, have a degree of financial stability and looking towards an early retirement. I don't think I've personally exploited anyone although I have been exploited by past employers who in retrospect I was far too willing to please. I pay my taxes and would pay more if it means better health care for all.

I'm a Democrat through and through. There are a great many of us who share the wealth in the party in donations to our candidates and our causes.

You are certainly free to be pissed at who ever you wish. Though I think a better target would be the ignorant and the mean who's behavior is shameful.

The juvenile primitive, the "armyowalgreens" primitive shows up and makes some juvenile points, but the juvenile primitive was recently demoted, no longer a PoP, and so isn't quoted here.

The salacious primitive, apropos of nothing:

Selatius (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 09:57 PM
Response to Reply #68

97. There were no free and fair elections in the Soviet Union, especially during and after Joseph Stalin

One Party Dictatorships aren't the result if the ballot box isn't rigged.

The Soviet mole, again:

Kievan Rus (465 posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 06:57 PM

48. I agree, for the most part

Why: quite simply, because a lot (but not all) of them think that they're God's greatest gift to humanity, they think they're above the law, and some of them (think Enron) are just plain evil. Many of them flat out cheat, lie and steal and flat out get away with it.

Many of them are greedy and take the "Wall Street" quote "greed is good" to heart. Business ethics are lacking; the job market in this nation has been destroyed by their greed and outsourcing. They go nuts at the idea of even a slight increase in taxes on the wealthy. And all because four mansions and five yachts for one of them aren't enough. Meanwhile, the majority of humanity wonders where its next meal will come from.

Of course, not all rich people are jerks. There are some good ones out there. But the ones whom vocally act as if they're God's gift to the world and that the Earth revolves around them, and have no morals just to make even more money tend to speak louder than the ones who aren't bad.

graywarrior  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 07:10 PM

55. Eat the rich.

One of my best friends is a millionaire and she is ashamed of it. Of course, that doesn't stop her from flying around the planet whenever she ****ing feels like it.

However....I must say that she was raised with the goal to accomplish something good with her life. And she has. everything she had on a to do list since she was a kid, she's accomplished including getting a book published and acting.

paulsby (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 09:02 PM

87. yes, you are wrong

1) hating any class of people means hating individuals WITHOUT good reason.

it's not different than any other form of prejudice.

2)this is my favorite quote of yours: "charging exorbitant prices for their products which in effect distributes wealth from everyday people into their greedy little hands?

if people are willing to pay "exorbitant prices" for X, then it is up to other market participants to offer same at a less exorbitant price. generally speaking, the only businesses that can charge "exorbitant prices" are those that create new products (iow they have patent protection) that the public WANTS.

iow, caveat emptor. if the price is exorbitant DON'T BUY it.

reflexive dislike of the rich is just as odious to me as when people dislike people based on race or religion.

judge people as individuals. judge them by their character. i follow that advice.

The cyanide primitive:

cynatnite  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 10:10 PM

99. Don't hate 'em because they're rich...

There are some rich folks who are very good progressives and have done some good.

It's the other rich folks who peddle for the tax breaks for their corporate selves so they can be even richer. These are the same people who have earned their wealth mostly on the backs of hard-working Americans and who are in bed with the repukes...hate those folks.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:16:35 AM »
LAGC  Donating Member  (371 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 05:26 PM
Original message

I'm honestly trying to figure it out.

Is it envy? I don't have any particular desire to be rich myself, especially if it means attaining such wealth the way so many other people have.

Is it jealousy? I don't particularly like the fact that there are so few rich people when there are so many more poor people who don't have what they have, but I don't really resent them for that reason alone.

What is it then? Could it just be the fact that to become rich it means stepping on so many other people below you in order to get ahead? In effect, EXPLOITING people in order to attain for oneself a vastness of resources that you in effect deny everyone else? Even this wouldn't be so bad if the rich didn't bitch about the fact that a portion (or even half) of their ill-gotten wealth gets taxed back by the PEOPLE that the government is supposed to represent!

I mean, you watch reality shows like "How'd You Get So Rich?" with Joan Rivers on the TVLAND channel, and listen to the "rags-to-riches" success stories. Doesn't it ever strike you how in all of those cases its either: a) getting people underneath them to make money off of their labors; OR b) charging exorbitant prices for their products which in effect distributes wealth from everyday people into their greedy little hands?

Do I think we should do away with all rich people? No, for you can never mandate total economic equality without a government gaining too much control over its populace. But do I have a problem with "redistribution of wealth" where the rich are taxed slightly higher than everyone else to pay for their unfair burden of resources that they hog to themselves? NO! After all, its often THEY who benefit the most from government protections of all their wealth in the form of the police and courts, and from wars and other machinations of the State. They ought to pay their disproportionately fair share!

Am I really wrong to think this way?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6330152

This is why I cant stand libs instead of wanting people to be able to be successful they want to take those who have and knock them down a peg and spread the misery.

Warpy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 05:33 PM
Response to Reply #1
6. Exactly, they're spoiled brats who won't share

and nobody likes those, not even other spoiled brats.

They will continue to scream and howl until they can fall asleep on a pile of all the toys in the universe.

They don't exactly hate us, they are indifferent to us. Once they've taken everything from us, we simply cease to exist to them.

And you will continue to scream and howl until everyone is as broke as you are.

Juche  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 05:43 PM
Response to Reply #14
15. Obama openly called for tax hikes on people like himself in the general election

Edited on Mon Aug-17-09 05:46 PM by Juche
However there are some decent rich people. Bill gates donates tons of money to global health. George Soros, Tim Gill and Warren Buffet (to name a few superwealthy liberal people) are leftists. Many of the celebrities in hollywood are leftists.

:lmao: :lmao: do you actually believe Obama will pay those higher taxes he is championing?

armyowalgreens  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 06:16 PM
Response to Reply #26
34. **** free-market capitalism.

Says the marxist who is getting a business degree.  :lmao:

armyowalgreens  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 08:49 PM
Response to Reply #79
86. Supply/demand is a lie. It doesn't exist.

There are many other less honest factors that play a role in the price of goods and services. If you honestly believe that supply/demand is some sort of law, you really need to do some more research on economics.
:banghead:

flexqube  (11 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 08:01 PM
Response to Reply #67
74. Let's think about that

I ask the following question respectfully. Do you think your fellow Americans are stupid?

Consider Walmart. That corporation is routinely bashed for the very things you are talking about.

I shop there all the time. I do so because they offer me great products for a low price. I am happy with the quality of their products and thrilled with the prices. For some products, not many but some, other stores have a lower price. For those products I shop at the stores with the lower price.

There are some products that are available at Walmart and other stores that cost more than I want to pay. A good example is a flat panel TV. I would really like one. But I am not willing to pay over $1,000 for a decent model. So I just don't buy one.

I have never been forced by gun point to go into Walmart to buy anything. Why would I shop at Walmart if better alternatives were available? I would have to be stupid.

In contrast my local government provides my garbage collection services. They are often late. They sometimes refuse to take my garbage. They throw my garbage cans in the middle of the street rather than putting them back on the curb. And if I don't pay whatever price they ask the local government will confiscate my house and/or subject me to fines and jail time.

What about how Walmart treats employees? I have never seen Walmart marching employees into the store a gun point and forcing them to work. In fact, even in this bad economy in my lower middle class neighborhood in metro Detroit workers have other choices than working at Walmart. In fact more workers have chosen to work at Walmart than at any other company in the world. Why would workers choose to work at Walmart if better alternatives were available? They would have to be stupid.

Lousy freeper troll  :lmao:

LAGC  Donating Member  (371 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 08:35 PM
Response to Reply #74
80. Oh no, you did NOT just bring Walmart into this conversation!

Edited on Mon Aug-17-09 09:09 PM by LAGC
The same Wal-mart that refuses to let its workers organize, and actively stifles any attempts at forming a union, including anti-union propaganda forced onto all employees?

http://walmartwatch.com /

Those low prices come at a mighty high cost... and even then, the stock-holders are STILL making bank!

The same walmart that gave all its employees a decent bonus a few months back in the horrible Obama economy. I'm not a huge fan of walmart but, I dont see them as evil either.

armyowalgreens  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 08:47 PM
Response to Reply #80
85. I'm starting to this that person is a troll...

:shrug:

No proper democrat boasts the benefits of Walmart and free-market capitalism. Those are right-wing memes.

You have to get up pretty early to fool this Marxist   :lmao:

flexqube  (11 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 09:57 PM
Response to Reply #85
96. Winning on the merits

I am not claiming that Walmart is perfect.

I am saying that blaming Walmart is not a policy solution. I am saying that blaming rich CEOs is not a policy solution. I am saying that making personal attacks on George W. Bush is not a policy solution. It is a diversion. It will win an election here and there, but it is not an approach that will lead to long term success.

If we want a good health care system or a clean environment we need to win based on ideas. We need to discuss policies in a rational way. We need to look at the incentives that we are putting in place.

Take regulation as an example. Is the issue with our regulatory environment that we have too few regulations? Or is it that we don't have the right regulations. I hear Democrats and Republicans complain about stupid contradictory regulations. If we want to win on the merits complaining about too few regulations is going to fall flat with people that live and work with them. We need to focus on the regulations that are simple, transparent, and make a real difference. Then we are coming up with solutions that are practical and consistent with freedom.

Isn't that what all of us are for?

I don't think there are a lot of people out there (including Republicans) who think that George Bush is smart or that CEOs are not greedy. Talking about that does not move the conversation an inch. I am saying that we need to challenge ourselves here to focus on solutions and not on villains.

armyowalgreens  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 10:05 PM
Response to Reply #96
98. We need to identify the enemy...

So yes, I will continue to call out Walmart, CEOs and Bush and friends. I will let everyone know just how evil they are.

Have fun shopping at Walmart. How you can live with yourself is beyond me.

The correct answer is that there is not enough regulation. Actually, the correct answer is that we should get rid of private insurance all together. We need socialized medicine. All the greedy assholes at private insurance companies can go **** themselves.

The reason why I think you are a troll is because you a boasting about things like free-market capitalism, Walmart and "incentives". These are all conservative talking points. It hardly qualifies you as a democrat.

I think you'd be happier if you found your way to freerepublic.com

armyowalgreens  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 08:41 PM
Response to Reply #63
84. I will gladly intimidate the hell out of rich assholes. I want socialism.

Edited on Mon Aug-17-09 08:44 PM by armyowalgreens
Time for a reality check. Free-market capitalism pools wealth at the top. The rich get richer while the poor get poorer. It has very little to do with "voluntary behavior". It has more to do with power and money.

And in socialist countries the peasants have so much money they wipe their ass with their currency.  :whatever:
Why dont you pack up and move to a socialist country and leave the US alone?

ipaint  Donating Member  (511 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 06:41 PM
Response to Reply #39
41. If they paid their fair share of taxes we wouldn't need their charity. n/t

And if Bill Gates would just send me his ATM card and PIN I wouldn't have to work.  :whatever:

ipaint  Donating Member  (511 posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 06:38 PM
40. The rich are by and large useless hoarders.

The Wealth Distribution

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2004, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.3% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.3%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.2%

In terms of types of financial wealth, the top one percent of households have 36.7% of all privately held stock, 63.8% of financial securities, and 61.9% of business equity. The top 10% have 85% to 90% of stock, bonds, trust funds, and business equity, and over 75% of non-home real estate. Since financial wealth is what counts as far as the control of income-producing assets, we can say that just 10% of the people own the United States of America.

Figures on inheritance tell much the same story. According to a study published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, only 1.6% of Americans receive $100,000 or more in inheritance. Another 1.1% receive $50,000 to $100,000. On the other hand, 91.9% receive nothing (Kotlikoff & Gokhale, 2000). Thus, the attempt by ultra-conservatives to eliminate inheritance taxes -- which they always call "death taxes" for P.R. reasons -- would take a huge bite out of government revenues for the benefit of less than 1% of the population. (It is noteworthy that some of the richest people in the country oppose this ultra-conservative initiative, suggesting that this effort is driven by anti-government ideology. In other words, few of the ultra-conservatives behind the effort will benefit from it in any material way.)

Here are some dramatic facts that sum up how the wealth distribution became even more concentrated between 1983 and 2004, in good part due to the tax cuts for the wealthy and the defeat of labor unions: Of all the new financial wealth created by the American economy in that 21-year-period, fully 42% of it went to the top 1%. A whopping 94% went to the top 20%, which of course means that the bottom 80% received only 6% of all the new financial wealth generated in the United States during the '80s, '90s, and early 2000s (Wolff, 2007).

http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth....

There is ample reason to hate the rich and the multitude of horrible problems their hoarding visits on the rest of us. The rich are a huge problem and the poor wouldn't exist without them.

I swear some people in this thread are channeling reagan.

And you contribute so much to society. You employee people and help keep corporations in business with your purchases which in turn provides jobs.  :mental:

otohara  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Aug-17-09 07:00 PM
50. They Use So Much Energy & Resources

they don't care about the environment otherwise they'd live in smaller homes - they tend not to recycle all the shit they consume, wasteful, greedy.

They will use Mexicans for child care, lawn care, house cleaning yet don't want them in our country.

Those are some of the reasons rich people are on my shit list.

And you don't use any resources?

The real truth is the primitives envy the rich and instead of trying to figure out how they can reap the benefits of capitialism they want to tear down those who enjoy the benefits.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: primitives being jealous of rich people
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 08:17:59 AM »
You know what they say about great minds, http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,32384.0.html
 :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 08:21:23 AM »
For such an open-minded group, the DUmmies sure are a bunch of prejudicial bigots.  They hate Christians, they hate rich people, they hate minorities that don't tow the party line, and they hate Republicans in general.  So many of their posts are all about justifying their hate for various groups.  It is a wonder they can function in normal life.  

The so-called rich pay most of the taxes in this countries, they create most of the jobs, and many of them donate a great deal to charity.  

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:29:19 AM »
You know what they say about great minds, http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,32384.0.html
 :-)

Oh but sir, I tried to make it so your thread was on top of mine, but I was ahead of you, and when one merges threads, the senior thread takes precedence.

Sorry about that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 08:33:07 AM »
Oh but sir, I tried to make it so your thread was on top of mine, but I was ahead of you, and when one merges threads, the senior thread takes precedence.

Sorry about that.

Don't sweat it Frank I think we were compiling the posts at the same time you just finished first.  :-)

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:48:38 AM »
For such an open-minded group, the DUmmies sure are a bunch of prejudicial bigots.  They hate Christians, they hate rich people, they hate minorities that don't tow the party line, and they hate Republicans in general.  So many of their posts are all about justifying their hate for various groups.  It is a wonder they can function in normal life.  

That place is rich in hypocrisy and they are totally blind to it.  Hate is what brings them together.  And, no, I don't think that the majority of them actually do function well in life because they're abnormal.  Their obsession with and consumption of hate renders them useless, nonproductive and absolutely joyless.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »
I seriously hate these mofo's with a passion and think we'd all be better off if they all drank a Cyanide Cocktail.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 09:01:50 AM »
That place is rich in hypocrisy and they are totally blind to it. 

Is it wrong to hate them for being rich in hypocrisy?

:evillaugh:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 09:37:31 AM »
Quote from:
cynatnite

99. Don't hate 'em because they're rich...

There are some rich folks who are very good progressives and have done some good.

It's the other rich folks who peddle for the tax breaks for their corporate selves so they can be even richer. These are the same people who have earned their wealth mostly on the backs of hard-working Americans and who are in bed with the repukes...hate those folks.

You mean repukes like the primitive hero Democrat Warren Buffet?  These idiots don't even realize that Buffet's company, Berkshire Hathaway, pays zero ($0.00) dollars in Federal Income Tax.  Why?  Because Buffet takes all his profits and buys Income Tax Credits with them which is a tax shelter and allows his company to eventually keep all the money it makes.

So primitives, let's see some hatin' on 'ole Warren.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »
Quote from:
armyowalgreens

The reason why I think you are a troll is because you a boasting about things like free-market capitalism, Walmart and "incentives". These are all conservative talking points. It hardly qualifies you as a democrat.

Other words that will give you away as not being a democrat are life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, freedom, US Constitution, care, compassion, and content of their character rather than the color of their skin.  There's more, but that covers quite a bit.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 09:47:12 AM »
I almost wish for a day that walgreen got his marxist wish because no doubt he would be screeching at the top of his lungs for this and that and the true powers who bought their positions with their wealth would have him shot.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 09:49:26 AM »
armyowalgreens  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Mon Aug-17-09 08:49 PM
Response to Reply #79
86. Supply/demand is a lie. It doesn't exist.

There are many other less honest factors that play a role in the price of goods and services. If you honestly believe that supply/demand is some sort of law, you really need to do some more research on economics.

I really hope this DUmmy is taking economics classes.  Such lines as these will earn an automatic F.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 10:07:02 AM »

Such means being hard work, self-sacrifice, long hours, and business smarts.

I think we can safely say that DUmbasses hate success and winners....unless it is them.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 10:58:56 AM »
Can you classify rich?

LAGC  (372 posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 05:37 PM
11. Oh I don't know, say those living in the top 1 percentile.
Those earning more than $250,000 a year 

That shows how far out of touch with reality the DUmp is.
But they'll never have the chance to find that out.

No, DUmmy, we do hate you.
But we also hold out hope that someday you will cease to exist.

Belief in the free-market isn't necessarily exclusive to the concept of redistribution of wealth...
Thus spake DUmmy LAGC.

In the DUmmy world,  this is friendship:
graywarrior  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-17-09 07:10 PM
55. Eat the rich.
One of my best friends is a millionaire and she is ashamed of it. Of course, that doesn't stop her from flying around the planet whenever she ****ing feels like it.

A bald-faced lie from DUmmy Mythsaje:
Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Mon Aug-17-09 05:28 PM
2. I don't hate rich people...

My nomination for the biggest screwup at the DUmp is DUmmy lapfog_1, who found himself on Easy Street, and let it get away (of course there's a 90+% chance of this being a routine DUmp lie):
lapfog_1  (1000+ posts)         Mon Aug-17-09 05:44 PM
16. No, they actively hate us.
Trust me on this, I used to hang with "rich assholes" (my now ex-FIL was executive VP of a major oil company, when he took the family, including me, on vacations, we had our own Gulfstream to fly around the country, Limos at every airport, and, yes, a red carpet between the stairs of the plane and the Limo, I almost laughed the first time I saw that).

This has a whiff of truth to it, because the DUmmy is aware of the cheesy little red
carpets that every private aviation terminal in the country uses. Most DUmmies would
not know that.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 12:02:09 PM »
All that bitch'n to say in a round about way, "Obama promised to steal from the rich and give it to us."....Hope you can believe in it DUmmies.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 12:06:22 PM »
This has a whiff of truth to it, because the DUmmy is aware of the cheesy little red
carpets that every private aviation terminal in the country uses. Most DUmmies would
not know that.

Ex-FIL must've been from at least VRWC Regional HQ to get to use those.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »
This is good. I love when people like armyofWalgreens and ipaint show themselves(and other 'progressives') for what they really are. They talk of greed, when they openly admit their own wish for a society based on the greed of masses of people, including themselves. Most people are keen to see that kind of hypocrisy when it shows its face like that. The point is not lost that there is this person(or many people) saying that the greed of someone working for their own profit within the capitalistic confines is bad and their own greed that would be satiated in a socialist economy is goood. IMO, greed is greed is greed. Sugar coating it to feed into the greed of the others around you doesn't make it any less greedy and contemptable. I think the point is lost on the two main idiots in that thread that they are seeking to become that which they claim to loathe so what that means in the endgame is that they don't hate being rich, they hate that they aren't rich. I've never seen a rich, famous liberal give away all of that wealth in the interest of the greater good--never to the point where they themselves would have to live a humble, 'average' life. When those in their camp start the movement in masses, I might be inclined to take a second look. Until then, it sounds like a lot of jealousy and 'you go first' crap.

One last point, armyofwalgreens brand of greed is done at the point of a gun...it is forced redistribution to himself. At least what the 'greedy' CEO does it far more honest and people willingly give their resources over to make 'him/her' 'rich'. (I won't point out that a company is made up of MANY people and not just one person getting rich :whatever:). I think that concept is beyond armyofwalgreens at this point. Don't want to overload the pea so to speak.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »
One last point, armyofwalgreens brand of greed is done at the point of a gun...it is forced redistribution to himself.

Which is going to go over real well, as most DUmb****s have a deep-seated and irrational feal of guns.  Which side has the guns again? :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »

The so-called rich pay most of the taxes in this countries, they create most of the jobs, and many of them donate a great deal to charity.  

Yeah but according to one of the DUers they donate to politicians and causes which I'm sure actually helps a poor person in their day to day lives. /sarc off

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »
Which is going to go over real well, as most DUmb****s have a deep-seated and irrational feal of guns.  Which side has the guns again? :tongue:

My point was that socialism has to be and will be forced on people where as one has the choice to line the pockets(or not) of any particular 'evil' corporation or individual they choose. The choice it taken out under the system army of wants and really he and others like him are no different then that which they are trying to demonize: their whole existence centers on greed and oppressing other people financially in order to realize his dreams. His logic is terribly twisted and his inability to recognize and admit his own self-centered desires shows how unenlightened and juvenile he really is despite his protests to the contrary.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:51:53 PM by jtyangel »

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 11:43:34 PM »
The criminal communist LAGC primitive also posted this same screed at my other internet home, Gunsnet.net. As you might imagine from the name of the website and the caliber of person who would frequent such a site, things did not go well for the LAGC primitive:

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=361325
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 03:06:30 AM »
So how many TV do you have in your house, living room, family room, bedroom, kitchen.?

Sob, :bawl:   I only have[ 2] kitchen and family room.  I really really need one for the bedroom.
 You need to tell me what time I can come to your home and pick up one of your TV's---Then we will be even, I will have 3, you will have 3.

Yes I know you worked hard to buy the TV you are giving to me. BUT, I have more need for that TV then you do.

The Greedy SOB's that bust butt to have more then I do pees me off.

Rich family's that sent kids to college, or poor folk that claimed to be an Eskimo to get full scholarship for school.

I have heard that if everyone from a homeless person or typhoon would just reach down and help just one other person or light one little candle it would make a world of difference.

For me I believe that CHARIETY begins at home   Your home to me.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 04:35:26 AM »
My point was that socialism has to be and will be forced on people where as one has the choice to line the pockets(or not) of any particular 'evil' corporation or individual they choose. The choice it taken out under the system army of wants and really he and others like him are no different then that which they are trying to demonize: their whole existence centers on greed and oppressing other people financially in order to realize his dreams. His logic is terribly twisted and his inability to recognize and admit his own self-centered desires shows how unenlightened and juvenile he really is despite his protests to the contrary.

I know that, jty.  I was trying to back you up, and similar to most other backups I post, it came out wrong.  Must be . . . oh Hell, it is what it is.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 05:44:28 AM »
14. So people like President Obama and Vice President Biden?

Oh snap.