Author Topic: I'm quitting my job. Thanks Obamacare!  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
I'm quitting my job. Thanks Obamacare!
« on: February 25, 2014, 03:21:01 PM »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/im-quitting-job-thanks-obamacare-120600325.html

Edward Perri's job as a grocery clerk has caused him constant back and knee pain in recent years, but he continued to work because he needed insurance. Obamacare allowed him to retire in December after 39 years, 4 months and 23 days on the job.

His retiring at 57 allowed a more junior employee to move up on the job, said Perri, who is single and lives in Muskegon, Mich. Had Obamacare not existed, he'd either have to try to tough it out until he qualified for Medicare at 65 or pay $500 a month for COBRA coverage.

Instead, he's paying $50 a month for a policy. And, as he sees it, the $450 that he would have sent to an insurance company is going to buy groceries, fix his car and take a vacation with his girlfriend.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline Dori

Re: I'm quitting my job. Thanks Obamacare!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »
You should read the almost 5000 comments.  No one is buying the Obamacare spin on how not working is a good thing.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline SaintLouieWoman

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
Nothing like a lib defender of Obama to come up with that fuzzy math. OK, so he saves the $450 a month that he probably would have paid for COBRA. But at 57, I doubt if he's getting a pension from the grocery store. And unless he gets some shyster lawyer to try to trump up a disability case, he'll have no income. So how is he going to use the hypothetical $450 a month to live on and to take a vacation with his girlfriend? It will be a short vacation.

The Dems make no sense with their stupid remarks. No wonder our country is in such bad shape.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:12:11 AM »
Hummm..................grocery clerk................no mention if Union or not.............

The rest of the story................................ :pokingpoop:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Citizen 5

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »
Nothing like a lib defender of Obama to come up with that fuzzy math. OK, so he saves the $450 a month that he probably would have paid for COBRA. But at 57, I doubt if he's getting a pension from the grocery store. And unless he gets some shyster lawyer to try to trump up a disability case, he'll have no income. So how is he going to use the hypothetical $450 a month to live on and to take a vacation with his girlfriend? It will be a short vacation.

The Dems make no sense with their stupid remarks. No wonder our country is in such bad shape.

They're going to Camp

Offline longview

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 10:43:18 PM »
At 57, his COBRA and/or ACA insurance through an exchange would be more around $1100.

But, no worry for him, us working stiffs will pay for his share.  Just as we always have.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 10:56:18 PM »
Sometimes I can't tell if they believe the stories they offer.
Other times I sense that they don't believe their BS stories, but they think the propaganda noise they create will achieve their disinformation goals.
Then there are the times when the libs seems to want their stories to counter conservative thought, reality, and hard evidence.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 09:19:37 AM »
He either has one hell of a union pension, or saved an awful lot of money eating out of damaged packages over the past 39 years, to be able to float through eight more years until his SS kicks in.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 02:03:56 PM »
He either has one hell of a union pension, or saved an awful lot of money eating out of damaged packages over the past 39 years, to be able to float through eight more years until his SS kicks in.

At 57 doesnt he have to wait longer than 8 years???

Offline Dori

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 02:12:47 PM »

At 57 doesnt he have to wait longer than 8 years???

His full retirement age would be 66 + 6 months.

http://www.ssa.gov/retirement/ageincrease.htm

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »
He won't make as much, but isn't he eligible for SS at age 62?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 02:21:44 PM »
  I was . Dont know about now .