Author Topic: Jindal moves to strip food stamps from abusers  (Read 2330 times)

Offline thundley4

Jindal moves to strip food stamps from abusers
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
The Jindal administration announced late Wednesday that it is moving to strip food stamps from recipients who took advantage of a technical glitch last month to stock up on free groceries.

The announcement came after U.S. Sen. David Vitter, R-La., pressured state officials to take action by taking away food stamp benefits and forming a task force with local prosecutors to bring criminal charges. Retailers lost money when they allowed food stamp recipients to leave their stores with groceries even though they could not check spending limits. When the transactions were processed later, thousands bounced back because recipients exceeded their food stamp balances.

Smartphone images of empty store shelves and bulging grocery carts at Wal-Marts in Springhill and Mansfield made national news.

The state Department of Children and Family Services said Wednesday that retailers across the state got 12,000 nonsufficient funds messages when the food stamp system came back online. The agency’s spokeswoman, Lindsey deBlieux, said investigations are ongoing to determine how many people took advantage. Retailers could have tried to process transactions multiple times. Recipients also could have made multiple purchases.
http://theadvocate.com/home/7514395-125/jindal-moves-to-strip-food

This isn't going to end well. Cries of racism are already being readied.

Offline Purple Sage

Re: Jindal moves to strip food stamps from abusers
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:10:46 PM »
Good for Jindahl and Vitter.  Those thieves deserve to lose their food stamps.  At the very least, they should be required to report the extra as income made for the month; thus reducing the amount of food stamps they receive for the next month.  Sitting back and letting larceny take place without doing anything about it is reprehensible.  These children need to be taught they have to take responsibility for their actions.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:21:40 AM by Purple Sage »
I've known some pathological liars in my time, but 0 takes the prize.

Offline Dori

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:11:55 PM »
Anyone see the Katrina beer looter dude?   :cheersmate:
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline RayRaytheSBS

• "There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men."
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 04:49:47 AM »
Good for them. Those people who used their EBT cards in this fashion stole that food and should be treated accordingly.  I feel sorry for the Wal mart employees who had to deal with these people.
“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms”

“The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:46:17 AM »
Good.  :yahoo:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 12:39:01 PM »
Jindal needs to carry his @ss back to LA and fix the budget mess in this state instead of running for Prez. He is the first Governor to raid the rainy day fund that was set up for emergencies rather than fund deficits. IMO, he is not a conservative but a typical spend politician who has a bloated overpaid staff. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 01:00:14 PM »
Jindal needs to carry his @ss back to LA and fix the budget mess in this state instead of running for Prez. He is the first Governor to raid the rainy day fund that was set up for emergencies rather than fund deficits. IMO, he is not a conservative but a typical spend politician who has a bloated overpaid staff.  

It's tough to make a good financial management comparison to his predecessors, since most of them cooked the books so much that a fair number of them went to prison.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 01:04:34 PM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »
It's tough to make a good financial management comparison to his predecessors, since most of they cooked the books so much that a fair number of them went to prison.

He needs to bring back the "deeduct" fund.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »

After the way he ****ed Ken Cuccinelli, he needs to carry his ass anywhere but public office.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 03:54:15 PM »
It's tough to make a good financial management comparison to his predecessors, since most of them cooked the books so much that a fair number of them went to prison.

True but his latest budget is a cop out which a number of economists and financial experts have called smoke and mirrors. Closing the Charity Hospital in Baton Rouge, reducing spending on health care, education, laying off elevator operators sounds like a bottom up approach rather than decreasing the salaries in which some department heads make almost twice as much as him. BTW, I am a retired state auditor and have not been impressed with his spending policies. I voted for him twice but not again cause he is a typical politician.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 09:27:59 PM »
True but his latest budget is a cop out which a number of economists and financial experts have called smoke and mirrors. Closing the Charity Hospital in Baton Rouge, reducing spending on health care, education, laying off elevator operators sounds like a bottom up approach rather than decreasing the salaries in which some department heads make almost twice as much as him. BTW, I am a retired state auditor and have not been impressed with his spending policies. I voted for him twice but not again cause he is a typical politician.

I have to admit, I had high hopes for him, and am totally disappointed.   :(
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 10:14:20 AM »

Laying off elevator operator's  is strange, and so is making twice as much as the operator's is saying the corporate world is paying its employees less then $20.00 an hour. 

Where in the world do I head for to find some place that still employs elevator operators ?  Next door to a buggy whip factory across the street from the shoe shine stand.?

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 10:53:30 AM »
Laying off elevator operator's  is strange, and so is making twice as much as the operator's is saying the corporate world is paying its employees less then $20.00 an hour. 

Where in the world do I head for to find some place that still employs elevator operators ?  Next door to a buggy whip factory across the street from the shoe shine stand.?

The elevator operator worked at the State Capital.

As usual, you do not seem to grasp the point I was trying to make. Thousands of unclassified employees make over $100,000. We have one deadhead that is working out of his home in Florida that makes $140,000 a year that does not have a job title and no one knows what he does. The University and Education system is riddled with unclassified employees that make over $200,000. State employees and retirees have not rec. a cost of living raise in 5 years while some Jindal appointees rec big fat raises each year.

The legislature just passed a bill to force out of state employees to apply for a driver's lic. and register their vehicles. WTF, could not Jindal issue an executive order that everyone do that plus file state income tax.

Jindal's favorability rating has dropped like a rock. Around 60% of LA voters do not approve of his job performance which was conducted by a GOP polling firm.