Author Topic: DNC changes Platform to recognize Jerusalem as capital of Israel.  (Read 3811 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: DNC changes Platform to recognize Jerusalem as capital of Israel.
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »
*snicker*
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 08:09:39 PM »
They probably made the prompter up ahead of time because they were expecting the whole place to erupt with an astounding yes! As we can see, it didn't happen that way. Liberals are so stupid.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 08:09:56 PM »
   Hey Dummies.  All your platforms are belong to us!  :-)

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »
This is a win win situation when you think about it.  IF it does rain Sandy Obama will be all washed up.  Think about that for a graphic take away.  I'm melting, I'm melting.  :rotf:

Maybe if we all click our heels three times, we will go back to a normal world.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 08:17:48 PM »
Look where the Soup Nazi ended up.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
Look where the Soup Nazi ended up.

I think he was booing the Jerusalem thing. Woman next to him was holding a sign that said Srab-American.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »
        I think he was booing the Jerusalem thing. Woman next to him was holding a sign that said Srab-American.
I figured she was his wife.  She doesn't look "Arab" to me, but he does.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 02:06:54 AM »
Eye gor.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 05:15:47 AM »
Quote from: Freeper link=topic=77716.msg943740#msg943740

Then your leadership is pretty weak if those waskly wepublicans can make them do this.

Yeah.  One minute, they've got the ReTHUGlicans on the run and now, they're reacting to whatever they say.

I know (D)Ullards it's..........the Tea Party!!! BAAAAAAHH!! :panic:

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 05:19:16 AM »
FoxNews.com said tonight that obama even wanted God put back in, and Jerusalem to be recognized as the capital. I don't know whether to believe that. But in any case, the DNC caved under the pressure again.

Word is, he didn't.  Saw the article somewhere.  No link.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 06:44:47 AM »
Word is, he didn't.  Saw the article somewhere.  No link.

According to Politico, he signed off on the original wording, then argued to put it back in (probably had some really shitty internals to back him up):

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80801.html
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 08:43:58 AM »
Even the LA mayor knew it wasn't 2/3rds.

What got me was the woman after the 2nd vote when the mayor couldn't decide what to do, she says to him "You got to rule it, and then you gotta let them do what they're gonna do."  IOW, quit hesitating, read the teleprompter, and then everyone shut up and deal with it.

Typical way the Dems rule.  The primitives should be happy when things like this are forced upon the delegates for their own good.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 08:48:08 AM »
Even the LA mayor knew it wasn't 2/3rds.

What got me was the woman after the 2nd vote when the mayor couldn't decide what to do, she says to him "You got to rule it, and then you gotta let them do what they're gonna do."  IOW, quit hesitating, read the teleprompter, and then everyone shut up and deal with it.

Typical way the Dems rule.  The primitives should be happy when things like this are forced upon the delegates for their own good.

I don't think the mayor wanted to rule it.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »
eqfan592 (4,531 posts)
28. Oh give me a damn break.
What happened to growing a backbone?????????

truedelphi (25,023 posts)
48. i guess God didn't
Bother to give the Dem leadership one. (Not even one!) Though he seems to have handed out plenty to the Republicans.

I'm going to answer that for you DUmmies.  If you have no morals or other things you stand for, then you stand for nothing.  DUmmies just go with whatever is the fancy saying/slogan of the day, therefore you never stand for what you believe in.  Take Skin's Island for example, it's a huge echo chamber devoid of honest debate.  If any of the minions step out of line, they are either tombstoned or beaten into submission.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 09:11:57 AM »
Villaraigosa gave the Occupy goons free reign to crap all over his city until they started using city hall as an open-air toilet.  The man isn't fit to hold elected office.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/09/05/picture-snapped-and-emailed-to-me-by-a-colleague-from-the-clarification-process/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnewsinsider%2Fgretawire+%28Gretawire%29

There is a picture at the link that shows Villagarosa, or whatever his name is was reading the teleprompter when announcing that the change passed.

Hilarious.  Unfortunately that is what happens with the pro forma, illusion-of-democracy (A very poorly-maintained illusion in this case) platform votes all the time, this one just got the spotlight because it was a stupidity that could have so easily been avoided.

Many years ago I agreed to go along to a state convention to help out a Dem guy I worked with in a Midwestern County Prosecutor's office, as he couldn't scrape up enough real Dems who were free to go in order to fill the seats he had available.  There was a platform vote on gun control, which was clearly refused in the voice vote, but of course it was deemed passed anyway.  I believe at the end they also did a voice vote (Simple majority and the chair's call) to deem the entire platform 'Unanimously' passed.

Both then and now, the platform vote was as much a cruel caricature of democracy in action as the Nazi plebiscite vote after the Austrian Anschluss in 1938.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
According to Politico, he signed off on the original wording, then argued to put it back in (probably had some really shitty internals to back him up):

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80801.html

What if, hypothetically of course, you had this really big stadium you wanted to fill with black christians, do you suppose it would make a difference? Or, do black christians not believe in God; but, do believe in gay marriage and abortion. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »

Oh no.  He's that clueless.

Case in point--he's taken the CA Bar exam and failed it FOUR times.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »

From what I heard, that common these days. I know people who took that test. They said they wanted to kill themselves after it was done; it was that hard (The one told me that if he knew the test was going to be that hard, he would never have majored in law). And the thing that sucks is when you have to take it for multiple states.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 11:03:24 AM »
You know Rush's monologue is going to be hysterical.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »
You know Rush's monologue is going to be hysterical.

Sad   :bawl: and  kind of how weird life has become.    Call me anything but a sewing machine but I just do not understand all the crap religion causes people.

Being raised in a Congregational Church, the lessons taught went back to the Old Testament.   So I began to question why if Jesus came to change the old order, why the Old Testament was ever used as it advocated much that Jesus taught against.

I was not an easy kid to be around when I heard things that contradicted my teachings or curiosity.

So most of my life I have heard the Toast of Next year Jerusalem---- and watched as adults got into a hissie fit when the birth right of a Jew, Jesus was questioned.    I had an ageing Polish in law spit on me for when she made anti Jewish remarks and tell her , Mary and Joseph were Jews.  Old lady like to have had a stroke, but what to say.

Far as I know Jerusalem it their has been the capital of Judism and on to the christian faith for thousands of years.  as Christians for us to turn our backs on thousand of years of history  and not to support the faith of Jesus and family is to become ------Non Christians.    If we do not support the faith of our fathers what do we become?

So now the Democrats are giving praise to God,  if there is a sacrilege in religion this is the worse I have ever seen. 

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 02:27:23 PM »

Oh Snap. I wonder how many times it took our fearless leader?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 03:15:35 PM »
Sad   :bawl: and  kind of how weird life has become.    Call me anything but a sewing machine but I just do not understand all the crap religion causes people.

Being raised in a Congregational Church, the lessons taught went back to the Old Testament.   So I began to question why if Jesus came to change the old order, why the Old Testament was ever used as it advocated much that Jesus taught against.

I was not an easy kid to be around when I heard things that contradicted my teachings or curiosity.

So most of my life I have heard the Toast of Next year Jerusalem---- and watched as adults got into a hissie fit when the birth right of a Jew, Jesus was questioned.    I had an ageing Polish in law spit on me for when she made anti Jewish remarks and tell her , Mary and Joseph were Jews.  Old lady like to have had a stroke, but what to say.

Far as I know Jerusalem it their has been the capital of Judism and on to the christian faith for thousands of years.  as Christians for us to turn our backs on thousand of years of history  and not to support the faith of Jesus and family is to become ------Non Christians.    If we do not support the faith of our fathers what do we become?

So now the Democrats are giving praise to God,  if there is a sacrilege in religion this is the worse I have ever seen. 

So you must be familiar with the story of Peter and the cock crowing?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQuT2worqc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Matthew 26:75
Suddenly, Jesus' words flashed through Peter's mind: "Before the rooster crows, you will deny three times that you even know me." And he went away, weeping bitterly.

then too you probably also heard this

Matthew 10:33
But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

< watch this space for coming distractions >