Author Topic: the old dude being a lazy layabout  (Read 1769 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
the old dude being a lazy layabout
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:08:03 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/11612161

Oh my.

Stinky The Clown (44,946 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Lazy Layabouts

Nearly 11.00 AM on a gray, lightly snowy, Saturday morning. (Please ignore the pink, fluffy robe and plaid PJ's in the second picture.)

after which two photographs of the inside of the old dude's mansion in the third-most-affluent county, and one of the whitest counties, in the United States

Scuba (14,584 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

1. Your dogs are practicing the art of mellow ...

... and you are entitled to laze about in your pink robe on Saturday morning.

I don't hear any sound coming from the piano. In fact, it appears the keys are shuttered behind a thick, hardwood cover. What gives?

2. hehehehe

I'll leave that for the "pink robe" to answer.

*I* was long ago designated as a "listener."

Something creeps me about that "hehehehe" thing.

Curmudgeoness (6,015 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

3. Ah, the life of a dog in a good home!!!

I think we could all take a lesson from this.

Ruby the Liberal (12,790 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

4. Aw - I love the little purple hairbow!

They always look so innocent when they sleep, don't they?

5. Yeah . . . . then she goes out in the yard and eats poop

Or tries to get to the cat box for a tastier snack.

Funny thing about the little, "cute" dogs. We imbue them with all manner of sweet, lovable, childlike traits, but in the end, they are what they are, dogs.

She growls, she fights, she barks, she farts, she chases toys, she barks menacingly at passersby she sees out the windows. She does everything the big dogs do and then some.

But she melts your heart while she does it.

TorchTheWitch (6,023 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

6. you have a lovely home

I really like the mix of modern and antique. I especially like that standing lamp. Now I feel like I have to go scrub my house. How do you have all these dogs yet there are no mud splatters on the walls and filthy footprints throughout??? I only have one beastie yet the second I clean anything he's dirtying everything up again. He even dirties things up WHILE I'm cleaning them. Last night I tried to clean the kitcen floor, but with him trying to attack the mop he was just transferring more dirt from his feet and belly back on the floor. I think we ended up dirtying up the floor even worse than it was in the first place.

And yet just like your layabouts he's doing his bathmat imitation on the floor looking all lazy and innocent. You'd never know it was him that ate the umbrella last night and cast it's various bits all over the living room. It was broken anyway, but I'd rather be able to throw it away in one hunk rather than crawling around on the floor picking up all the little remnants of its formal self.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: the old dude being a lazy layabout
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 01:10:52 PM »
The dogs are gorgeous!

He has a living room and a family room? and a piano? not fair to those his ideology professes to care about.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »

2. hehehehe

I'll leave that for the "pink robe" to answer.

*I* was long ago designated as a "listener."

IOW, Sparkly told him that his opinion didn't count for shit, and he should STFU and STFD (Sit The Fuck Down).
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:28:50 PM »
The purpose of this thread is the same as Pam's Glock and the Weeper's widescreen and Blu-ray player.

The catbox squatter wants the other DUmmies know that he can afford an imitation leather sofa and a 1961 floor lamp, and they can't.

Enjoy getting your noses rubbed, DUmpmonkeys!

Offline dixierose

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »
Curmudgeoness (6,015 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

3. Ah, the life of a dog in a good home!!!

I think we could all take a lesson from this.

I think living in mom's basement could be likened to the life of a dog in a good home....
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 03:55:15 PM »
The purpose of this thread is the same as Pam's Glock and the Weeper's widescreen and Blu-ray player.

That's what I thought too, when I saw the photographs.

The old dude just wanted to show off.

I still think his spread over there in Maryland would make a nice campground for the occupiers, whom the old dude seems to think are clean and fastidious.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 04:11:57 PM »
Star Member Broderick
7. looks 1 percent to me

Response to Broderick (Reply #7)

Sun Feb 12, 2012, 04:00 PM

Star Member Stinky The Clown
8. Excuse me?

Response to Stinky The Clown (Reply #8)

Sun Feb 12, 2012, 04:12 PM

Star Member Broderick
9. Just beautiful home furnishings.

Walked through a very expensive furniture store yesterday. Some of the stuff I saw, priced way beyond a normal person's ability is located in your picture. Like that lamp, and piano, and wall painting. In that first picture, the chair you have ( very nice ), is priced (if the same chair), at or near 1500. The throw rugs in the store, similar to yours go for 500-1500. For the one chair that is out of most people's budget, if merely a chair. The ashtray on the other hand probably goes for under a hundred. Not begrudging you the digs, and probably was not a good comment to make.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 04:19:51 PM »
Oh my.

The old dude's pissed.

Stinky The Clown (44,951 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

10. Just for the record for you and your posse . . . . .

The piano is my wife's. She is a professional musician (among other endeavors) and that piano is part of how she makes her living. It was a rebuild of a very tired but sound instrument as a favor to her father more than 30 years ago.

The ashtray was a $5 flea market find.

The chair is IKEA.

The lamp was bought new by my in-laws in the 1950s. The scratches and surface rust at the base don't show in the pictures.

The wall painting is of my mother-in-law, my wife, and her three sisters. It is an original by a friend of my in-laws and was done in the 1960s. The sentimental value far outweighs any monetary value it might have . . . . which, on a good day, might be a few hundred dollars. At best.

The throw rugs are from Home Goods. Maybe $20 each. We toss them every few months when the dog mud gets too much to vacuum.

We have good taste and a good eye. We also tend to hold onto stuff that means something to us.

Lastly, we have the good sense to not insult people in our first exchange with them. We also don't visit someone's home and ask them how much they paid for the dishes. You're very rude and I very much don't appreciate it.

I am certain this will get "rowed" back for your friends' amusement.

Have a nice day and please, in future, just go past my threads. I shall not appreciate your replies.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
StinkDUde, your place looks like shit.
Go hire an interior decorator fer cryin' out loud.
Damn, only thing that doesn't look like a garage-sale special is the piano.
I did notice the dogs have a certain "democratic" aire about them. :-)
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 04:23:39 PM »
I don't think Broderick belongs to us.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »
I don't think Broderick belongs to us.

Nor do I, but it's always a good thing to paranoiaize the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 04:32:47 PM »
Well, let's see how this goes over:

Broderick (3,188 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

11. Whatever, I will take you at your word and it makes no difference

I said it was not a good comment to make on my part and I should at least apologize. So I apologize. Sometimes, I look at my own stuff and go crap especially traipsing around in places I don't belong. That is all. No reason for me to be jealous, just a thoughtless remark better kept to myself. You can ignore me if you would like. Would not be offended if you do, maybe deserved. The dogs are beautiful.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
Oh my.

The old dude's pissed.

He is such a thin-skinned assshole.  Lighten up, Stinky.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 04:50:48 PM »
Being easily angered is a mark of mafia scum.
Being impotent to do anything about is the mark of a woosy.
Being both is the mark of a DUmmy. (thats YOU, Stinky!)

I'm just surprised the wife let him outa the basement. Probably time to walk the dogs.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 05:13:17 PM »
The littlest thing sends stinkDUde into rage.
I pity the poor dogs.
He no doubt beat them after reading that one comment.
Good thing the Sporkler wasn't there.
She would would have slapped him silly for hurting the dogs.
No wonder he's an international laughingstock. :rotf:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 05:47:52 PM »
I thought Stinky's house looked dingy. Like he is a chain smoker. That ashtray looks gross

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »

The piano is my wife's. She is a professional musician (among other endeavors) and that piano is part of how she makes her living. It was a rebuild of a very tired but sound instrument as a favor to her father more than 30 years ago.
Rebuild can be more expensive than buying a new affordable basic piano.   

More evidence that you are a Fred Sanford.

The chair is IKEA.
Tried to find the chair, they don't sell it.

The throw rugs are from Home Goods. Maybe $20 each. We toss them every few months when the dog mud gets too much to vacuum.
There is a thing called a washing machine.  Might save you a couple 20s or so.  But just keep complaining about "The economy is the GOP's fault."

Lastly, we have the good sense to not insult people in our first exchange with them. We also don't visit someone's home and ask them how much they paid for the dishes. You're very rude and I very much don't appreciate it.
We have a good sense not to lie or fake heart attacks to get sympathy for your agenda.  Further more, we go head on in your face when the politics gets heated.  But unfortunately your fearless leader at the DUmp will just kick us out because they don't like opposing views.  And the war goes on!

"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »
I thought Stinky's house looked dingy. Like he is a chain smoker. That ashtray looks gross.

I saw that too, and I'm hoping, very badly, that it's just there for decoration, and not use.

The old dude's a little too old and too frail to be smoking; he's had medical conditions in the past.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline sybilll

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »
You moochers have created this era of class envy, and now you must never, ever demonstrate that you have any more than the hapless sap working as a barista that owes $50,000 in school loans for their Womyn's Studies degree.  

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 06:53:42 PM »
You moochers have created this era of class envy.....

You see, that's a really serious "disconnect" for the primitives, in particular the primitives part of the 1%--the Bostonian Drunkard's mother, Pedro Picasso, the kpete primitive, the BeHereNow primitive, the old dude, CaliforniaPiggy, &c., &c., &c.

It's a disconnect wider than the Pacific Ocean, it seems.

I have no idea what sorts of mental gymnastics they go through, omitting to remember that they themselves are part of the "haves," in this case the tiny tip of the pyramid that has lots and lots and lots.

And they even got the "have-not" primitives on their side; take the fecund grasswire primitive, for example, who wants to have a pie-and-jam shoppe where the pie would be free to the rich, and she'd have to charge the poor extra to make up for that "generosity."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 06:55:19 PM »
I can't buy the idea that the catbox squatter has any position in the Mafia, living in that mess.

Even the lowest class Mafioso brag about their Italian loafers and drive fancy cars.

Squat the clown lives in a hovel full of fugly, mismatched, cheap kitsch.

Stuff that was junk fifty years ago isn't antique, it's just old junk.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 07:18:11 PM »
I can't buy the idea that the catbox squatter has any position in the Mafia, living in that mess.

Even the lowest class Mafioso brag about their Italian loafers and drive fancy cars.

Squat the clown lives in a hovel full of fugly, mismatched, cheap kitsch.

Stuff that was junk fifty years ago isn't antique, it's just old junk.

Actually, it's common--or it used to be common--in the culture of organized crime to live in such a way that one looked considerably less affluent than one was.  There were some flamboyant ones, such as Alphonse Capote and Willie Bioff, but on the whole it is, or was, the usual practice to be discreet about wealth.

In giving the old dude his award for #02 Top DUmmie of 2010 (two years ago, not this past year, when he rose only to #05), I connected all the dots.

The old dude's wife goes to Switzerland--Davos, no less--with Mrs. Tutweiler down the street quite often, and it's obvious what that's for.  She's checking up on their money there.

Now, on the offhand chance that I connected the dots wrong, how does one explain the old dude's Streisandian digs and his large spread in the third most-affluent county in the United States?  It's not cheap where he lives, and I suspect even the Polaroid trust-fund kiddie Pedro Picasso would be hard-pressed to afford it.

The old dude's father had been an honest working-man, earning bread by the sweat of his brow, and couldn't have possibly left his son a fortune or something.

And so this leads one to where?--maybe like the Bostonian Billionaire, he married money?

His wife does seem to have some exquisite taste in culture and somesuch, as if she were the product of girls' private schools and one of the Seven Sisters of the Ivy League, all of which suggests Old Money and Much Money.  But why would a rich heiress marry a rough uncouth kid (I'm guessing they married about 1969, 1970) whose only remarkable accomplishment in life had been two years spent in the U.S. Navy, the son of a humble blue-collar working-man?

And with her Old and Much Money, if that was the case, she'd certainly shop for a Grand Duke, at the least a count, instead of the then-young old dude.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 07:19:08 PM »
Stinky The Clown

The chair is IKEA.

The lamp was bought new by my in-laws in the 1950s. The scratches and surface rust at the base don't show in the pictures.

The wall painting is of my mother-in-law, my wife, and her three sisters. It is an original by a friend of my in-laws and was done in the 1960s. The sentimental value far outweighs any monetary value it might have . . . . which, on a good day, might be a few hundred dollars. At best.

We have good taste and a good eye. We also tend to hold onto stuff that means something to us.

I am certain this will get "rowed" back for your friends' amusement.

Have a nice day and please, in future, just go past my threads. I shall not appreciate your replies.
Sounds like the Dude is accusing Broderick of being a mole from CC to me.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 07:28:29 PM »
Sounds like the Dude is accusing Broderick of being a mole from CC to me.

If there's a mole at that campfire, it ain't the poor Broderick primitive.

I've always wondered how much unintentional collateral damage our moles have done, to innocent bona fide primitives the other primitives think is one of us.  I'm sure it's been considerable, authentic primitives getting kicked off Skins's island.

But.....excrescence happens.  It's sad, but it happens.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 07:38:11 PM »
I saw that too, and I'm hoping, very badly, that it's just there for decoration, and not use.

The old dude's a little too old and too frail to be smoking; he's had medical conditions in the past.
The DUde smokes like a chimney.
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart