Author Topic: poll: do the primitives misunderstand us?  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
Re: poll: do the primitives misunderstand us?
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 01:15:06 PM »
If liberals understood their own philosophy, they'd realize it is systemically self-contradictory.  Given that they manage to blissfully hold to this sort of self-defeating belief system, I highly doubt they understand much else.  I voted no.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 03:22:35 PM »
For my part, I don't care if they do or not.

They'll take our making them look like DUmmies and like it.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 03:36:53 PM »
For my part, I don't care if they do or not.

They'll take our making them look like DUmmies and like it.

Which of course is exactly the case, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 03:48:19 PM »
No way; I have a Hell of a lot more respect than that.

As you know--I've said it often enough--you and NHSparky are my paragons, my models, here, when it comes to good, seasoned wisdom expressed in writing, just as JohnnyReb is my ideal for story-telling, and GOBUCKS manages to say things I want to say, but can't quite say them.  And Ballygrl of course inspires me to be nice.

Myself, yeah, sure, I do okay, but there's a juvenile streak that can't be grown out of, given the social retardation of the deaf.  As the bug-eyed property caretaker here has reminded me more than once, "Boss, when you die, whenever that is, you're still going to only ever been 19, 20, 21 years old."

My writing's an honest, accurate, true-to-life reflection of what and how I really am, and that's it.

So I'm great at the funnies, but suck at the wisdom.  When I get around to winning the Powerball lottery, and if you'd agree to come onto the payroll as my ghost-writer, I'll not only pay a good wage, but you'll have a better, more luxurious, office than my fellow alum Skins, and prettier secretaries.

Cough...... come again????     

:rofl:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 03:51:51 PM »
Cough...... come again????     

:rofl:

Oh now, madam.

I've been around a while, and know nearly all members here pretty well.

When I think of both of you--you and NHSparky--the first thing that comes to mind is "cerebral wit."

Honest, I do.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Oh now, madam.

I've been around a while, and know nearly all members here pretty well.

When I think of both of you--you and NHSparky--the first thing that comes to mind is "cerebral wit."

Honest, I do.

Ask him how the Angels are doing, then ask him how many Red Sox games he has watched this summer (I KNOW YOU HAVE WATCHED MOST OF THEM SPARKY DON'T DENY IT) to catch some of that cerebral wit. 

:popcorn:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 03:57:28 PM »
Ask him how the Angels are doing, then ask him how many Red Sox games he has watched this summer (I KNOW YOU HAVE WATCHED MOST OF THEM SPARKY DON'T DENY IT) to catch some of that cerebral wit. 

What I've always appreciated about NHSparky is that he's solid, he's full.

There's not an empty space in his body or his head.

NHSparky is solid.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »
Scoobie you will have to let me know when he starts building a Tom Brady shrine in his game room....

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 03:58:55 PM »
What I've always appreciated about NHSparky is that he's solid, he's full.

There's not an empty space in his body or his head.

NHSparky is solid.

One more year in Cow Hampshire and he starts adding "wicked pissah" to most of his posts.    Bet the farm on it.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 04:00:37 PM »
Frank, I am just giving him a hard time.  I have never seen anyone such as yourself give him such praise.  Shocking it is.   :-)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 04:06:33 PM »
Frank, I am just giving him a hard time.  I have never seen anyone such as yourself give him such praise.  Shocking it is.   :-)

I just checked; apparently I've been operating under a misimpression.

I always thought NHSparky was here before you and me, madam.

Nope.

I was here, and then a few days later, you were here, and then several days later NHSparky was here.

But I'll never forget the first time I saw NHSparky here for the first time; the first thought that came to mind was, "this is a guy who knows what he's talking about; I'd better listen to him."

I got the same thought from wasp69, when he came aboard.

<<admires people of Substance.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 04:08:09 PM »
Oh, and judging by membership order, it appears NHSparky brought vesta111 here with him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
Oh, and judging by membership order, it appears NHSparky brought vesta111 here with him.

:ohsnap:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »

Tsk, tsk, you say all that nice stuff about him, and then you go and throw that on top of the pile...

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 05:11:22 AM »
I said "yes, some of the time," but I think that they don't care if they misunderstand us, the Hate on that side is so pronounced.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 06:31:08 AM »

Yes, yes he did.    Sparky has many stalkers.  It's all a part of his irresistible charm.   :-)

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 06:53:00 AM »
One more year in Cow Hampshire and he starts adding "wicked pissah" to most of his posts.    Bet the farm on it.

(I bought him the t-shirt.... he wears it..... :rofl: :rofl:)
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 06:54:17 AM »
Yes, yes he did.    Sparky has many stalkers.  It's all a part of his irresistible charm.   :-)

:lmao:

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 07:25:13 AM »

(I bought him the t-shirt.... he wears it..... :rofl: :rofl:)

:rotf: :rotf:

H5, and I owe  you a dozen more. 

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »

Two games behind the Rangers, last time I checked.  And honestly, I haven't watched all that much baseball this summer, period.  It's been a busy year thus far.

There's a time for wit, a time for honesty, and a time to simply ignore the barbs and tell it like it is.

I think coach flatters me from time to time, to be sure, but at the end of the day, I'm as acerbic, witty (if you want to say that) or any other adjective you'd wish to ascribe to me.  I don't pretend to be online what I'm not IRL.  WYSIWYG, to repeat the abbreviation.  I don't have enough time in my life to be anything else.

Oh, and as far as the DUmmies go, I don't hate them, but I don't pity them either.  Their station in life is the result of their own poor life choices, and for them to blame their existence on forces external and unseen is cowardly, IMO.  But what galls me all the more is that others are expected to cover for their poor choices and enable them to make additional poor choices, and continue said cycle ad infinitum.

We're telling them the gravy train is slowing--not stopping yet, mind you--and they wax apoplectic about it.  C'est dommage.  It had to happen sometime, DUmmies.  Energy (or in this case, your livelihood) cannot be created or destroyed, only changed in form.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »

Oh, to be fair, I've taught the boy child to say "wicked pissah" and like it.  Scoobie also got me a shirt that says it on our trip to the North Country.

But Tom Brady shrine?  Nope.  Not gonna happen.  I'd have to move my John Elway shrine, and as you know, that just isn't going to happen.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011, 10:39:20 AM »

A fact for which I've been punishing myself like a medieval monk since her arrival and first incoherent posts.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY[/youtube]

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »
Indeed, sir, and well said.  

I took the question to mean conservatives in general, and not just CCers.  They say that "teabaggers" are "tyrannical" and "authoritarian."  Where in the hell do they get that from?  We want the boot of the government off our neck, and they see that as some kind of dictatorship?  They do not understand the Right in the least.  

My thoughts exactly, and the reason I voted 100% of the time. They cannot comprehend any other way to think. Just look at the tired playbook they use, and have been using, for well over 50 years now.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.