Author Topic: Bristol Palin buys 5-bedroom house in Arizona.... Merry Christmas  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: Bristol Palin buys 5-bedroom house in Arizona.... Merry Christmas
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »
Not only that, but the original owners more than likely gutted the place before they were forced to move! How else could it go from over $300,000 to less than $150,00?

I see this happening all over the place! Once the original low rent buyer figures out they can't afford their high dollar digs, they remove everything of value before the sheriff serves the papers! I notice it doesn't mention what the buyer who rescued it out of foreclosure had to put up in order to make it livable again!

That's just how bad the market is out here.

When we were looking at houses, we found one we really liked.  It went for $415,000 in 2003.  It was on the market for $105,000.  The house was fine.  The previous owners took all of the appliances, but that was about it.  There were no damages to the wall, flooring, etc. 

We did see a house that was really really bad though.  And they still wanted $115,000 for it. 
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
My brother was looking at a 108k house in a 300+ neighborhood near here. They had taken everything including the light switches, outlets, doors and light fixtures outside and from the ceiling.

That one was tame though compared to one we drove by and window peeked that was 35k in a 200 hood. They had cut huge holes at the tops and bottoms of all the walls, studs and all in the house when they took all the wiring with them too.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
So she bought a house, now who the **** cares? Anyone who can afford a house deserves to have it without other people making comments.

Not sure whether it's the Christmas spirit, but you got another H5 from me.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »
Let us hope Bristol does not come home to find her doors locked, every thing inside missing and a bank she has never heard of forclosed on her home.

Let us hope that Bristol never has to face that the for closure on her home was illegal and the original owners want to move back in.

No one seems to be interested or really angry about the insane banking practices today.

Whats the matter with you guys, dint you understand that things are running amok today.??

People who pay their morgage on time, pay off the mortgage or even buy and have no mortgage are being thrown out on the streets because a so called banking error.

This is a bunch of shit.    Say you   can come up with the total sale price for a home.  We invest big bucks to turn the home into a show place.  The home is paid for, and we improve it.

We wake up one day to the Sheriff with a notice of foreclose on your home from some bank 2,000 miles away.

You have never heard of the bank or know one that has dealt with them.  You call your lawyer who does not deal with realisate problems, he directs you to someone who does.

You find out that by law you have to move and then go to court. The wheels of justice move slow.

Here comes the biggest problem, if the home you bought was taken from the owners illigaly then they own the home.   If you put $50,000 in inprovement in the home, too bad.

Ohh BS...what has something like that happened maybe twice in 1 million foreclosures..if that?

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2010, 06:39:46 AM »
Ohh BS...what has something like that happened maybe twice in 1 million foreclosures..if that?

Rock, this is a nightmare for not just the Realtors, the family's and the courts, but what if it happens to YOU.

I have brought this up as the number of cases of Mistakes by banks and lending institutes is being publicises every day.

Who owes what and to whom---?

So you and family are evicted from your home due to an error --  While your Lawyer is firing off letters to the banks and court house and getting no replies, the Sheriff arrives and gives you one hour to pack up your personal items and leave.

Or you come home to find the kids locked out --someone has changed the locks and your home is empty, every thing is gone including the urn holding Grand Pa's ashes.

Or you rent your family home out to tennets and when you tell them the home has been illegally repossessed --they move out taking all the copper plumbing, the wiring, door knobs, hot water heater and perhaps the furnace. All appliances are gone including the kitchen sink.

Since the home has been reposed. none of this stuff is legally yours and you cannot make a claim to your insurance company, you cannot even get the police to investigate the theft unless the bank puts in a complaint..

You rent an apartment and the owners have been illegally foreclosed on.    Say this is a complex with 30 apartments.

The owner never warns you of the problem and one day all 30 apartments and family's are told they have 30 days to move. Where are the renters to come up with first and lasts rent and a security deposit for a new home in 30 days.??   What if they cannot find a home that allows pets,.??

Rock, this has happend in all States to thousands of people.  We unless informed by the Press have no idea of the harm being done to people , broken lives and Anger beginning to foment amongst the people that pay their bills on time, pay taxes and throw neighbors into terror at what has happend to honest hard working people.---They could be next.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2010, 07:15:22 AM »
Dear Vesta,

That's why we have little things like TITLE INSURANCE.

Perhaps debk can explain it to you using stick figures and monosyllabic words.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 08:11:33 AM »
Dear Vesta,

I also believe Bristol paid CASH for the house.

It's hers, baby!   :yahoo:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 08:43:20 AM »
Dear Vesta,

Sparky, what makes you think Title Insurance is worth much of anything when --You paid cash for your home and an out of state bank you never heard of claims you owe them money.??

I know of no bank that will lend money for a home without the buyer first getting a title search and then insurance.

These home owners or owners of apartments can march down town when a claim is placed, waving their title insurance, their paid checks, to the banks or affidavits that they have never done business with a strange bank. They can take 4 lawyers with them but are still thrown off their legally owned property.

Why do you think this is happening all over the country.??  The Banks or anyone really can place a claim on a home with no evidence---The owners have to prove they are they are the legal owners----Sort of having to prove you are innocent.

It may take 18 months to sort this all out and YOU are stuck with lawyer bills for more then the property is worth.--

Meanwhile your home and property has been sold to a family with 4 kids that are told THEY have to move, uprooting a family that may have sunk all their savings into their home.----They may also have title insurance and the court costs for both of you will go through the roof.

You get your home back to find the family that bought your home has done thousands of dollars in damage to your home in ANGER.  Have you continued to pay homeowners insurance on a home you are told you no longer own.? If you have, the company will not pay for damages to a home you no longer own.

Taxes, in the 18 months you have not owned the home, when you do get it back you are now responsible for back taxes.  The family that bought your home and paid the taxes can now sue you for the taxes they paid on the property.

They can sue you for all upgrades they did on the property including the $40,000 swimming pool they put in for their kids.

This is a huge problem brought to light by the NYT and the internet.

Some big banks have paused their reposition of homes, only because of bad press.    Had this story never come out, you and I may have had to stand in line for a room at a motel.

Just another reason to like Wikileaks and their outing of bad things happening to good people.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 09:38:34 AM »
Paging the stick figures, some one call up the stick figures.

Oh and a brain surgeon with a spare for a transplant first may help.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »
Paging the stick figures, some one call up the stick figures.

Oh and a brain surgeon with a spare for a transplant first may help.

For a transplant, she'll need.......GENERAL ANASTASIA!!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2010, 12:18:18 PM »
Vesta, I've heard of one or two cases of this nationwide.  One or two.  Can you provide a link of this happening to THOUSANDS of people in all 50 states?  I would be really interested to see the information you have.

I would think this would be all over the news if true.  I work in real estate and I'm not seeing it.  Those I'm seeing foreclosed on are being foreclosed on because they haven't paid their bills.  I have seen a couple of folks that were in the loan mod process who lost their homes and it was in fact due to the banks errors BUT you have to consider they were in the loan MOD process .... what does that tell you?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2010, 12:47:53 PM »
She is smart.  She moved where Sheriff Joe runs the show.  It amazes me that people are still stupid enough to break the law in his area.

I hate to tell you, Mama, but sheriff Joe does not run things where she's moved to. He's sheriff in MARICOPA COUNTY which is where Phoenix lies. Bristol bought a home in suburb called Maricopa in PINAL COUNTY. She's a bit south of Maricopa County and Sheriff Joe's show. As far as I know he's still sheriffing in Maricopa County ie Phoenix, but it's been a while since I lived in Arizona. :) Either way, she's not that far off and she's probably got some beautiful sites out that way. She's about 45 minutes from my old stomping grounds :)

And they can talk about someone's misfortunes all they want...ANYONE can get a house for a song in that area now. Our old home went up to 325K back in the day(was 100K when we purchased new in 96) and it is back down to about 110K now.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
Maricopa is also a small city outside of Phoenix, but it's in Pinal County.  Sheriff Joe sees over Maricopa County.  Bristol should have moved to a city that actually laid in Maricopa County.

Beat me to it, EC. :-) hi 5

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2010, 12:51:56 PM »
Sparky, what makes you think Title Insurance is worth much of anything when --You paid cash for your home and an out of state bank you never heard of claims you owe them money.??

I know of no bank that will lend money for a home without the buyer first getting a title search and then insurance.

These home owners or owners of apartments can march down town when a claim is placed, waving their title insurance, their paid checks, to the banks or affidavits that they have never done business with a strange bank. They can take 4 lawyers with them but are still thrown off their legally owned property.

Why do you think this is happening all over the country.??  The Banks or anyone really can place a claim on a home with no evidence---The owners have to prove they are they are the legal owners----Sort of having to prove you are innocent.

It may take 18 months to sort this all out and YOU are stuck with lawyer bills for more then the property is worth.--

Meanwhile your home and property has been sold to a family with 4 kids that are told THEY have to move, uprooting a family that may have sunk all their savings into their home.----They may also have title insurance and the court costs for both of you will go through the roof.

You get your home back to find the family that bought your home has done thousands of dollars in damage to your home in ANGER.  Have you continued to pay homeowners insurance on a home you are told you no longer own.? If you have, the company will not pay for damages to a home you no longer own.

Taxes, in the 18 months you have not owned the home, when you do get it back you are now responsible for back taxes.  The family that bought your home and paid the taxes can now sue you for the taxes they paid on the property.

They can sue you for all upgrades they did on the property including the $40,000 swimming pool they put in for their kids.

This is a huge problem brought to light by the NYT and the internet.

Some big banks have paused their reposition of homes, only because of bad press.    Had this story never come out, you and I may have had to stand in line for a room at a motel.

Just another reason to like Wikileaks and their outing of bad things happening to good people.

Because, dearest Vesta...

oh, **** it.  I'll just wait until deb gets back.  Suffice to say that title insurance is in the HUD-1 and used for a reason.  Plus, virtually EVERY case of this crap I've heard from the media involves previously bank-owned or repo properties purchased by a third party without the original mortgage holder ever being notified, which is NOT the responsibility of the town/county, but that of the BANK.

And if title insurance was a scam, then the entire real estate market (residential and commercial) is a total ****ing scam and were it such, the hit to the economy would make the Great Depression look like a pothole compared to the Grand Canyon.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline thundley4

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »
I hate to tell you, Mama, but sheriff Joe does not run things where she's moved to. He's sheriff in MARICOPA COUNTY which is where Phoenix lies. Bristol bought a home in suburb called Maricopa in PINAL COUNTY. She's a bit south of Maricopa County and Sheriff Joe's show. As far as I know he's still sheriffing in Maricopa County ie Phoenix, but it's been a while since I lived in Arizona. :) Either way, she's not that far off and she's probably got some beautiful sites out that way. She's about 45 minutes from my old stomping grounds :)

And they can talk about someone's misfortunes all they want...ANYONE can get a house for a song in that area now. Our old home went up to 325K back in the day(was 100K when we purchased new in 96) and it is back down to about 110K now.

I think the sheriff of Pinal County takes after Sheriff Joe. He's been on Fox News quite a bit.  I think Bristol is in good hands there.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2010, 01:03:14 PM »
Vesta, I know thou art the token liberal around here but here's a clue: READ the article before you spout off.

The article says the girl paid CASH for the home. There is NO loan to foreclose on. She owns the home. lock stock and barrel. Its not going to be taken away.

Everything you said is moot.

Besides its not the banks that are out of control. The real estate bubble was created and burst by idiot liberals like you, only they were in congress not their mom's basement. Pretty much all our problems today stem from liberals and liberal policy.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2010, 01:08:06 PM »
Vesta, I know thou art the token liberal around here but here's a clue: READ the article before you spout off.

The article says the girl paid CASH for the home. There is NO loan to foreclose on. She owns the home. lock stock and barrel. Its not going to be taken away.

Everything you said is moot.

Besides its not the banks that are out of control. The real estate bubble was created and burst by idiot liberals like you, only they were in congress not their mom's basement. Pretty much all our problems today stem from liberals and liberal policy.

IF the originating bank on the first mortgage holder of the house has their shit in one sock (which BofA hasn't appeared to have had thus far.)  There have been A FEW (VERY FEW) cases in which a person has paid cash for a house and had BofA, et al, try to take possession of the house.  IIRC, you could count the number of these cases nationwide on one hand.  HOWEVER, if the title company did their job (and I've yet to see where one hasn't) and the proper deed paperwork is filed with the appropriate government authorities (town/county/state), then the bank has just stuck it's dick in a light socket and is going to be paying some SERIOUS damages over and above anything they did to the house.

Trust me, in those isolated cases, BofA is doing their damndest to keep these cases from going to a jury, because they know what they'll be looking at as a result.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
Vesta, I know thou art the token liberal around here
If I were a DUmmy, I'd take offense at that.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
Because, dearest Vesta...

oh, **** it.  I'll just wait until deb gets back.  Suffice to say that title insurance is in the HUD-1 and used for a reason.  Plus, virtually EVERY case of this crap I've heard from the media involves previously bank-owned or repo properties purchased by a third party without the original mortgage holder ever being notified, which is NOT the responsibility of the town/county, but that of the BANK.

And if title insurance was a scam, then the entire real estate market (residential and commercial) is a total ****ing scam and were it such, the hit to the economy would make the Great Depression look like a pothole compared to the Grand Canyon.

Sparky, Title Insurance to a degree IS a scam.  When they miss something they will pay for it as long as everything in place AND it has its uses.  Where Title Insurance is a scam is if you sell a property that has been sold in the previous few years.  There is really no sense in paying full Title Insurance rates on a property that has been sold in the last few years.  Where this becomes a problem is that most people don't realize if you ask, and close, at the same Title Co. you can get a reduction in the cost of the insurance.

Other than that .... Title Insurance is required, as it should be, by all the lenders I'm aware of.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »

I have a friend who bought a house in Maricopa.  It's 2,300 something square feet, four bedrooms... they got it for $100,000 in 2009.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »
Sparky, Title Insurance to a degree IS a scam.  When they miss something they will pay for it as long as everything in place AND it has its uses.  Where Title Insurance is a scam is if you sell a property that has been sold in the previous few years.  There is really no sense in paying full Title Insurance rates on a property that has been sold in the last few years.  Where this becomes a problem is that most people don't realize if you ask, and close, at the same Title Co. you can get a reduction in the cost of the insurance.

Other than that .... Title Insurance is required, as it should be, by all the lenders I'm aware of.

KC

Yes, it's to cover the bank/mortgage lender as much as anything else, but one instance where it also can save your ass is when, as is the case with my home, someone took a large chunk of property and subdivided and built homes on it.  If one of my neighbors tries to come after me because a tree fell on his house but was on his property, or another neighbor tries to use my land, I now have recourse since the deed and title very clearly state the boundaries of the property.

So in that case, I don't mind paying full fare for title insurance as well.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
Yes, it's to cover the bank/mortgage lender as much as anything else, but one instance where it also can save your ass is when, as is the case with my home, someone took a large chunk of property and subdivided and built homes on it.  If one of my neighbors tries to come after me because a tree fell on his house but was on his property, or another neighbor tries to use my land, I now have recourse since the deed and title very clearly state the boundaries of the property.

So in that case, I don't mind paying full fare for title insurance as well.

Oh it definitely serves its purpose.  I have seen a few cases where it wasn't such a good deal.

KC

*Stolen

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2010, 06:33:10 PM »
Oh for God's sake Vesta!! Normally I will stick up for you, but sometimes, you have to read the articles...not just make comments.

Bristol PAID CASH for the house...no bank is going to get a sheriff to come take it away from her, because she didn't get a bank loan.

ALSO....Bristol is the SECOND owner after the property was foreclosed. If the bank was going to admit to a mistake, it would have already happened during the time the first purchaser had the house. Even if the bank had made a mistake, the borrower would have gotten money from the bank, not the house back because the purchaser was allowed to buy it, and provided a "clear" title by the lender. If the title has a "cloud" over it, that the lender has not cleared up before putting the house on the market, the closing title company SHOULD have. Yes, mistakes are made, but usually not to extent that a buyer has to give back the house.

Title insurance. There are two kinds.

Mortgage title insurance - it is actually insurance on the loan itself.. This is required to be paid by the borrower in their house payment if the borrower obtains a loan for more than 80% of the sales price of the house. This particular title insurance benefits ONLY the lender! It doesn't do squat for the borrower. If a mortgage is less than 80% of the purchase price of the house, OR the mortgage has been paid down to less than 80% of the current value of the house - mortgage title insurance is not placed on the LOAN - not on the house itself. If anyone is paying it in their mortgage, they have the right to petition the lender to reevaluate the current value of the house, to see if the PMI can be removed. Someone like me, or a licensed appraiser hired by the lender - BUT PAID BY THE BORROWER, goes out to the house, does a market analysis on the property and takes a bunch of pictures for the lender, and determines the current fair market value of the house. If it is more than 20% of the remainder of the loan amount, a lender will usually remove the PMI. Which can be a significant amount depending on the amount of the initial loan. The cut-off point has always been 80% on a new loan, but I have heard - in the last couple of years - that some lenders are now requiring it to be 70-75% on an existing loan. It should only cost the borrower, the amount of the appraisal. I don't know if a borrower can request that it be done by a Realtor or not. We Realtors get paid a fraction of what an appraiser gets paid to do one.  :(

Title insurance on the house, is usually purchased at the time of closing (or within 30 days to get an extremely reduced rate). I always recommend that my buyers purchase it, particularly if they pay all cash or put down a significant amount of cash on the property. This insurance is to protect the homeowner, if something/someone shows up to negate any portio of the land sold with the house, or someone claiming ownership, lien or judgement against the property...prior to the new owner.
Two examples why I think title insurance should be purchased - when the ex and I got our house here in '83, we bought it from the builder. Interest rates were in the stratisphere at the time. We refinanced the house 2's within the first 2 or 3 years because the rates were really dropping. The THIRD time we refinanced - the title company finds out that the lot was not properly deeded over to the builder from the developer!!!! Fortunately, the developer was still alive and in the area (real close actually - he lived up the street!) and it was just a matter of the title company sending it over to the developer's office, them signing off on it, and the transfer being recorded at the county property office, PRIOR to us signing the new loan papers. And the best thing was that it all happened prior to my divorce when the ex quit-claimed it to me, or I could have been in a real mess when I refinanced it.
Second example....I had a client purchase a property that was at the back of a subdivision. They were to be the second owners. First had been there about 5 or 6 years. When the original survey was done of the subdivision, the surveryor included part of the land of the adjacent property. No one knew this until my client's lender - who at that time was still insisting on a survey done on properties in a subdivision development (they have not been required here for years now - at least 10) - the new survey showed the error of the original surveyor. The true owner was willing to quit-claim the land - it was about 2 ft along the entire lot line - but it could not be done prior to closing. While documentation was provided at closing, title insurance - purchased by the buyer for the property itself....was obtained. In this case, the lender required it to be done, and the sellers were really decent about it, and they paid for it outside of closing.

If Bristol was smart.....or whomever advising her is....she obtained title insurance on her new house.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.