Author Topic: Anyone interested in joining me in returning my tax-cut?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Anyone interested in joining me in returning my tax-cut?
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x9078

maxrandb (1000+ posts)          Tue Dec-14-10 04:26 PM
Original message

Edited on Tue Dec-14-10 04:31 PM by maxrandb
I have been seriously pondering this as a form of individual protest, but would like to form a group if enough folks feel like I do.

Look, I am an active duty military member with 26 years of service. I do "OK" financially, not wealthy, not poor, middle to upper-middle with a mortgage, credit card bills and kids in college, but I'm doing OK.

I figure that the cut I get in my taxes under the proposal amounts to about the equivalent of an extra 12-pack of beer a week, if I drank that much, (which I don't). I'm a bit of a beer and coffee snob. I'm not talking Fat Che's Little Brothert Blue Ribbon or Ole Milwaukee, but Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Old Brown Dog Ale from the Smutty Nose Brewery.

I look at my kids and I think of the kind of country we are leaving them. Thanks to some benefits and savings, I can afford to pay for their college, or at least help them with the loans, BUT THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO DO THAT FOR THEIR KIDS.

My daughter has a full-time job without benefits that keeps her just above water. She is doing a similar job that I did back in 1976-1980...but here's the kicker...SHE IS PAID LESS PER HOUR THAN I WAS ALMOST 30 YEARS AGO.

Would the tax-cut I get come in handy? Sure it would, but is it worth it?

Maybe I'm just being a bit like Pollyanna, but if enough people would join in a protest like this, would it help?

I bet everyone at the DUmp will join you.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

robinlynne  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-14-10 04:31 PM
Response to Original message
1. I would love ALL our taxcuts to go to providing food and shelter for the poor.
   I dont think people on a mass scale would join in. but I like how you think.

That didn`t sound like a yes.

Ozymanithrax  (1000+ posts)          Tue Dec-14-10 04:35 PM
4. Sorry, no...
   Mine will go to my sons' college fund.

pscot  (1000+ posts)          Tue Dec-14-10 04:39 PM
8. If you can get one bond trader to agree
   you can count me in.

rucky  (1000+ posts)          Tue Dec-14-10 04:43 PM
10. I gave at the office.
   Until the office gave me a pink slip.

Time for the 2-percenters to make the sacrifices. I'm done.

Drale (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-14-10 05:00 PM
11. Well I don't have a job or get unemployment right now
   Edited on Tue Dec-14-10 05:01 PM by Drale
so I really don't get to "enjoy" the tax cuts they are forcing on us.

EDIT: Did anyone every think anyone would say the government is forcing tax cuts on us?

ecstatic  (1000+ posts)          Tue Dec-14-10 05:01 PM
12. I'm surprised this doesn't have more recs nt

I`m not.

customerserviceguy  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-14-10 06:25 PM
Response to Reply #13
20. Yep, my 2%, should this abomination pass
   is going directly to my 401K account, which I keep in money market funds.

Delphinus  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-14-10 05:04 PM
14. If I was going to be getting one,
   sure. As it is, I'm lucky to make a little less than $23,000 per year. Don't think I'm going to be lucky enough to get any kind of cut.

lunatica  (1000+ posts)          Tue Dec-14-10 05:17 PM
19. If it didn't involve the IRS I would, but I've tangled with them before
   It isn't pretty. And the IRS wins.

Yep,another well chosen screen name.

Shocking that they all are going to keep the money that they are not being taxed on now.
How many are going to have a meltdown when they figure out they won`t be "getting" anything more next year,just keeping what they have now.

Minus all the new taxes for HCR that is.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Anyone interested in joining me in returning my tax-cut?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »
maxrandb  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 04:26 PM
Original message

I have been seriously pondering this as a form of individual protest, but would like to form a group if enough folks feel like I do.

Look, I am an active duty military member with 26 years of service. I do "OK" financially, not wealthy, not poor, middle to upper-middle with a mortgage, credit card bills and kids in college, but I'm doing OK.

I figure that the cut I get in my taxes under the proposal amounts to about the equivalent of an extra 12-pack of beer a week, if I drank that much, (which I don't). I'm a bit of a beer and coffee snob. I'm not talking Fat Che's Little Brothert Blue Ribbon or Ole Milwaukee, but Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Old Brown Dog Ale from the Smutty Nose Brewery.

I look at my kids and I think of the kind of country we are leaving them. Thanks to some benefits and savings, I can afford to pay for their college, or at least help them with the loans, BUT THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO DO THAT FOR THEIR KIDS.

My daughter has a full-time job without benefits that keeps her just above water. She is doing a similar job that I did back in 1976-1980...but here's the kicker...SHE IS PAID LESS PER HOUR THAN I WAS ALMOST 30 YEARS AGO.

Maybe I'm just being a bit like Pollyanna, but if enough people would join in a protest like this, would it help?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x9078

First of all, there is no freaking tax cut

Secondly I doubt any of you will give up 5% of your income.

robinlynne  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 04:31 PM
1. I would love ALL our taxcuts to go to providing food and shelter for the poor.

I dont think people on a mass scale would join in. but I like how you think.

Find a charity that feeds poor people and write them a check every two weeks. You don't need the govt to feed the poor with your own money for you.

Ozymanithrax  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 04:35 PM
4. Sorry, no...

Mine will go to my sons' college fund.

Greedy bastard.

T Wolf  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 04:37 PM
5. How about this. A delivery to the White House gate, IN PENNIES, of the amount.

they can pass it along to charities and we could get some publicity.

On your goal of helping your children and grandchildren - as more of us learn that we will not be able to help our kids (and certainly not our grandchildren), maybe a little reality will sink in enough to prompt some change.

Instead of doing something stupid like that just write a check to a charity.

Drale  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 05:00 PM
11. Well I don't have a job or get unemployment right now

Edited on Tue Dec-14-10 05:01 PM by Drale
so I really don't get to "enjoy" the tax cuts they are forcing on us.

EDIT: Did anyone every think anyone would say the government is forcing tax cuts on us?

Only an idiot would complain about not having their taxes raised.

Delphinus  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 05:04 PM
14. If I was going to be getting one,

sure. As it is, I'm lucky to make a little less than $23,000 per year. Don't think I'm going to be lucky enough to get any kind of cut.

Again there are no tax cuts.

hfojvt  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 05:17 PM
18. I did that for the last two years, but this year I am reversing it

The last time I filed my taxes I had a refund of $700 coming to me. Instead of taking it, I put it in the column "apply to next year's taxes". In that way you can LEND your tax cut to the government at 0% interest until such time as the government displeases you when you can ask for it all back.

Such is the situation I find myself in. THe Obama adminstration has grreatly displeased me, so I am gonna ask for it all back instead of lending it to our country. If billionaires don't have to pay slightly more in taxes thanks to Obama, then why the **** should I make a contribution either?

:whatever:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 05:37:41 PM »
Oops I duped you sorry.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 05:39:50 PM »
Oops I duped you sorry.

Great minds...  :cheersmate:

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 05:41:57 PM »
Great minds...  :cheersmate:

Well you may have a great mind, I'm not sure about mine though.  :-)

:cheersmate:

Online jukin

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 06:32:03 PM »
Interesting twist on a bouncy.  I give it a 1.5 bong for creativity.

Assume 50k/year and the FICA tax break of 2% is $19 alone.  Now if there is no deal then this guy has his taxes hiked by about $3800/year or $73/week for a grand total of $92/week. I think the DUchebag would find a use for that or buy the world's most expensive 12 pack in the world.

As I always tell democrats, they can always send in more than the tax they think is due. Not a single one has ever asked me how that can be done.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 06:33:40 PM »
Kind of reminds me of this Twitter I saw today:

http://biggovernment.com/sahiller/2010/12/14/dear-wealthy-you-can-always-donate-extra-money-to-the-federal-government/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BigGovernment+%28Big+Government%29&utm_content=Twitter

<snipped>

To my fellow Americans who want to be taxed more, it’s time to put your money where your mouth is and I have found your opportunity.  If you would like to donate to the federal government, all you have to do is mail a check to the US Treasury at this address:

Citizens who wish to make a general donation to the U.S. government may send contributions to a specific account called “Gifts to the United States.” This account was established in 1843 to accept gifts, such as bequests, from individuals wishing to express their patriotism to the United States. Money deposited into this account is for general use by the federal government and can be available for budget needs. These contributions are considered an unconditional gift to the government. Financial gifts can be made by check or money order payable to the United States Treasury and mailed to the address below.

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline true_blood

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »
maxrandb  (1000+ posts)     Tue Dec-14-10 04:26 PM
Original message
I look at my kids and I think of the kind of country we are leaving them. Thanks to some benefits and savings, I can afford to pay for their college, or at least help them with the loans, BUT THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO DO THAT FOR THEIR KIDS.   (You can thank the imposter in the White Mosque for that.)
My daughter has a full-time job without benefits that keeps her just above water. She is doing a similar job that I did back in 1976-1980...but here's the kicker...SHE IS PAID LESS PER HOUR THAN I WAS ALMOST 30 YEARS AGO.   (Again, you can thank the imposter in the White Mosque for this as well.)

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »
It's not a "tax cut", it's a continuation of the current tax levels.

Pinheads.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 06:37:23 PM »
BTW it's only at +1 recs LOL.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 08:47:19 PM »
Quote from:
maxrandb

Look, I am an active duty military member with 26 years of service.

Disgusting.  Guy raises his hand and swears to defend the US Constitution but then holds anti-American (liberal) viewpoints.  Makes as much sense as someone telling me they're a Christian but doesn't believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  The two just don't go together.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 10:53:09 PM »
It's not a "tax cut", it's a continuation of the current tax levels.

Pinheads.

No shit! Every time I hear these asshats call it a tax cut I want to pull the fur off my tom cat, and he's one mean sumbitch!

For cryin' out loud, there are no frikkin' cuts! If they were actually to cut taxes, we might actually see a boost in the rut we're in!

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, keepin' the same rates is gonna cost, We the People, between 700 and 900 BILLION dollars!

I sure would like one of the primitive rocket scientists to come over here and edumicate me on how the gubmint not collecting money is a cost!!!!! It's our money, you ****in' DUmbass morons! It does not belong to you, or the stinkin' gubmint!

Any other business in these here United States, that spent more than they took in, and operated without regard to the bottom line, would be either BANKRUPT, or be servin' ****in' JAIL TIME!

How hard can it be to get that across to these idiots? It would sure help if our leaders weren't such panty wasted imbeciles!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 11:40:09 PM »
Interesting twist on a bouncy.  I give it a 1.5 bong for creativity.

Assume 50k/year and the FICA tax break of 2% is $19 alone.  Now if there is no deal then this guy has his taxes hiked by about $3800/year or $73/week for a grand total of $92/week. I think the DUchebag would find a use for that or buy the world's most expensive 12 pack in the world.

As I always tell democrats, they can always send in more than the tax they think is due. Not a single one has ever asked me how that can be done.

There's a duplicate thread like this one that I think Boudicca lists the address where they can actually send their money! Hardy har har! Think a single one is ready to pay more than their share?

crickets chirping!

Didn't think so!

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 11:57:09 PM »
maxrandb  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 04:26 PM
Original message

Hollow act on your part DUmmie considering you don't make enough to get a cut.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 11:58:32 PM »
maxrandb  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 04:26 PM
Original message

OK, whose mole? lol

I'd love to see DUmmies write an $800+ check to the US Treasury in April. It will never happen though.

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »
maxrandb  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Dec-14-10 04:26 PM
Original message

Oh Holy Moses Andy!

Wonder how many takers he's gonna get on this one? I'll bet they just line up like lemmings in order to hand out their money! snicker!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

What's really funny is, he expects for others of his ilk to join in!

I got news RandyMax, don't any of your brethren actually pay taxes in the first place!

They're too busy soakin' up the freebees the rest of us have to pay for!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Too funny!

Ahm gonna have to watch this thread! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 08:15:05 AM »
These idiots still think they're going to get some kind of windfall next year.  I can't wait.  I wish a lurker would send the message over the pond, that they're not getting a tax cut.  They claim to be so politically savvy, and the smartest people on earth, but they can't get this simple thing right. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »
26 years hah?  On the very small chance it's true at all, I'm bettting it's not in the Army, Marines, or the shipboard Navy.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »
NOTE: DUmmie didn't say he was returning his tax refund.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 09:21:36 AM »
There's a duplicate thread like this one that I think Boudicca lists the address where they can actually send their money! Hardy har har! Think a single one is ready to pay more than their share?

crickets chirping!

Didn't think so!

They don't want to pay THEIR share, you silly man, you.   :naughty:  They want to pay YOUR share and then some.  And they want it all spent on social programs and entitlements, not defense, cuz the whole world luvs us now that Lord Zer0 is in charge.
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »
26 years hah?  On the very small chance it's true at all, I'm bettting it's not in the Army, Marines, or the shipboard Navy.

Glad you said SHIPBOARD Navy.  I've known a few CRF recruiters who were dumber than a bag of hammers and who might say stupid shit like that.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »
Glad you said SHIPBOARD Navy.  I've known a few CRF recruiters who were dumber than a bag of hammers and who might say stupid shit like that.

Nothing but respect from me for the guys who did their share at sea or on the ground forward, like the SeaBees.  Not so much for the land-bound 'sailors' who loitered around CONUS or cushy overseas shore billets for their whole careers.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 11:21:23 AM »
customerserviceguy  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-14-10 06:25 PM
Response to Reply #13
20. Yep, my 2%, should this abomination pass
   is going directly to my 401K account, which I keep in money market funds.

Ummm.......................mole?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 11:37:06 AM »

26 years in...you're at least an E-8 which means you're making $5232 in base pay.  That doesn't count housing...food or any other special pay allowances.

If you're doing just "ok" on that kinda pay.  I suggest you seek out one of the post/base financial classes immediately.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0