Author Topic: So I'm eating a bowl of oatmeal  (Read 1552 times)

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
So I'm eating a bowl of oatmeal
« on: September 07, 2010, 11:14:49 PM »
Starts like a Bouncy, but isn't.

MichaelHarris  (1000+ posts)      Tue Sep-07-10 11:59 PM
Original message
 and I got to thinking, if ground zero can't have a Mosque could it have a Buddhist Temple?

What about an American Indian Church?

When I got to the bottom of the bowl I realized, probably not, America really wants that Christian nation.

We are becoming the bottom of the bowl in hypocrisy.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9094164

I just wanted to post this one because it's so quintessentially DU:

Ask a question.

Answer the question yourself.

Then from that draw a conclusion about the imaginary people you asked (but didn't ask) based on the answer you yourself gave.

:whatever:

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: So I'm eating a bowl of oatmeal
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 11:28:03 PM »
I'll support a mosque at ground zero just as soon as there is a synagogue or church in Saudi Arabia.

Until then, piss be upon them.  :bird:

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 11:30:50 PM »
I can count on my third hand how many Buddhists flew into the WTC. 

Wait, I don't have a third hand.   I guess it wouldn't be necessary anyways.  :hammer:

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 01:42:36 AM »
Personally, I would prefer that the City of New York give the Greek Orthodox church that was destroyed on 9/11 permission to rebuild before any other places of worship were built, but I certainly wouldn't have a problem with Buddhist temple, or a Hindu Temple, or pretty much any place of worship that wasn't designed to spit in the face of America. 

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 01:51:47 AM »
They want an excuse to cry about the minority of "the Christian Taliban" overpowering the majority.

If they can't because suddenly they are informed Christians don' fear Jews and Buddhists then they'll just claim the majority are simply Islamophobes.

You can't win because you aren't meant to be allowed to play the game and they will keep changing the rules to keep you from being allowed to play.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 02:46:56 AM »
These people have absolutely no concept of who America truly is. It would be ever so lovely if the Imam (and/or 0bama) would at least address the concerns of Americans in general and New Yorkers in particular. It's not like NYC is a bastion of conservative thought. I'm sick to death of having racist thrown about as an answer every time people object to something now. Last time I checked Muslim is a religion not a race. White people are Muslims, too. So much for post racial. It's worse now than I can remember. Disclaimer: I wasn't born or old enough to understand the whole civil rights movement so I can't include that in my memory of race relations.

I certainly recognize the tactics. Kate Millett's "Sexual Politics" was practically my bible in college. Well, until I learned the power of a pretty little red dress.

Cindie

"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 04:03:36 AM »
Original message
 and I got to thinking, if ground zero can't have a Mosque could it have a Buddhist Temple?

I have no problem with that.  But then again 19 Buddhists didn't hijack four planes...kill 3000 American's and destroy two of the greatest most recognizable symbols of the U.S.

Indians don't have churches to my knowledge.

Idiot.

When I got to the bottom of the bowl I realized, probably not, America really wants that Christian nation.

When you got to the bottom of the bowl all you did was burp...fart...and scratch yourself.

American always has been a Christian nation you witless ****.  But we are a Christian nation that has it in our Constitution...that you can practice any religon you want to without fear of persecution.

No one is denying these terrorist loving Islamists their right to practice Islam.  What the majority of America...not to mention New York City is up in arms about is the fact that people with ties to Islamic terrorists want to build what amounts to a Victory Mosque as close to the actual location of their greatest modern day victory against the the West as the possibly can.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:16:12 AM »
  oooooooooooooooooo  deep!  Asshat.

As a reminder, in our GD section, it was suggested that we all change our avatars this week to something in remembrance of 9/11. 

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 07:24:30 AM »
 oooooooooooooooooo  deep!  Asshat.

As a reminder, in our GD section, it was suggested that we all change our avatars this week to something in remembrance of 9/11.  

Bump for that!

And CR already stated my opinion perfectly:

Personally, I would prefer that the City of New York give the Greek Orthodox church that was destroyed on 9/11 permission to rebuild before any other places of worship were built, but I certainly wouldn't have a problem with Buddhist temple, or a Hindu Temple, or pretty much any place of worship that wasn't designed to spit in the face of America.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline true_blood

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 09:29:27 AM »
STUPID DUmmie!!!! STUPID!!!
Was it not the religion of "Islam" that attacked us at the World Trade Towers?!?! WAKE UP!! :bird: :censored:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 10:49:08 AM »
STUPID DUmmie!!!! STUPID!!!
Was it not the religion of "Islam" that attacked us at the World Trade Towers?!?! WAKE UP!! :bird: :censored:
No, it was innocent goat-herders antagonized beyond endurance by American capitalist imperialism conducted at the behest of its Zionist masters. [/lefty]
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »
No, it was innocent goat-herders antagonized beyond endurance by American capitalist imperialism conducted at the behest of its Zionist masters. [/lefty]

Sorry. Hate to disagree with both of you. It was Dick Cheney and Karl Rove. [/DU]
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 11:59:43 AM »
Original message

So I was eating my bacon and toast this morning
and I got to thinking, why is the left so obsessed about a Religion that would so restrict things they supposedly care about?

When I got to the end of the sandwich there was nothing but crumbs where my meal was.

My analogy of the whole breakfast I had? the Democrats are toast and so called Progressive morals have become the crumbs.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline thundley4

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 12:03:09 PM »
So I was eating my bacon and toast this morning
and I got to thinking, why is the left so obsessed about a Religion that would so restrict things they supposedly care about?

When I got to the end of the sandwich there was nothing but crumbs where my meal was.

My analogy of the whole breakfast I had? the Democrats are toast and so called Progressive morals have become the crumbs.

To break it down and put it simply. Radical Islam is the enemy of the US, so it is easy to see which side the DUmmies would stand beside behind.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 12:12:26 PM »
What pisses me off most about this whole thing is not the Moslem victory mosque but the fact there is still a hole at Ground Zero 9 years later. 

You would think New Yorkers would get some pride.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 12:18:37 PM »
I can count on my third hand how many Buddhists flew into the WTC.  

Wait, I don't have a third hand.   I guess it wouldn't be necessary anyways.  :hammer:

I could count 'em on my third leg if they cut it off!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 12:22:28 PM »
These people have absolutely no concept of who America truly is. It would be ever so lovely if the Imam (and/or 0bama) would at least address the concerns of Americans in general and New Yorkers in particular. It's not like NYC is a bastion of conservative thought. I'm sick to death of having racist thrown about as an answer every time people object to something now. Last time I checked Muslim is a religion not a race. White people are Muslims, too. So much for post racial. It's worse now than I can remember. Disclaimer: I wasn't born or old enough to understand the whole civil rights movement so I can't include that in my memory of race relations.

I certainly recognize the tactics. Kate Millett's "Sexual Politics" was practically my bible in college. Well, until I learned the power of a pretty little red dress.

Cindie

I always preferred the little black dress! Preferably leather! pant, pant, pant!

Offline true_blood

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 12:49:43 PM »
What pisses me off most about this whole thing is not the Moslem victory mosque but the fact there is still a hole at Ground Zero 9 years later. 

You would think New Yorkers would get some pride.

VERY TRUE!!! Meanwhile the plans for the "victory" mosque is full speed ahead. What's wrong with this picture? Could it be that the unions working at the site are "milking" the labor? If so, someone needs to crack the whip as that was an act of war and we must show how strong we are by erecting the Freedom Towers ASAP!!!!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 12:54:31 PM »
VERY TRUE!!! Meanwhile the plans for the "victory" mosque is full speed ahead. What's wrong with this picture? Could it be that the unions working at the site are "milking" the labor? If so, someone needs to crack the whip as that was an act of war and we must show how strong we are by erecting the Freedom Towers ASAP!!!!

And the still unbuilt Greek Orthodox Church that has been met by resistance from government agencies.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 01:13:39 PM »
And the still unbuilt Greek Orthodox Church that has been met by resistance from government agencies.

Actually the city walked away and all funding WAS PULLED from the project, sad huh?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 01:27:15 PM »
More like infuriating. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 03:15:12 PM »
I always preferred the little black dress! Preferably leather! pant, pant, pant!

I have always found that a particular short, black, extremely soft, leather skirt...to be quite... effective.  :naughty:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »
Actually the city walked away and all funding WAS PULLED from the project, sad huh?
YUP!! That's a SLAP in the face. I don't know what these people in the gubberment are thinking. :censored:

Offline AllosaursRus

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 03:35:15 PM »

I have always found that a particular short, black, extremely soft, leather skirt...to be quite... effective.  :naughty:

No, no, leave it on, leave it on! gasp, wheeze!