Author Topic: My incident with a tea-bagger this morning (at Publix-Grocery store)  (Read 3235 times)

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: My incident with a tea-bagger this morning (at Publix-Grocery store)
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 08:17:37 AM »
TalkingDog  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Jul-22-10 11:20 AM
Response to Reply #16
17. Commies! I wonder if she knew she was shopping at a communally held business?

Ha! That always makes me laugh....

Talkingdog, like my actual dog, is an idiot (I know, that condition is considered part of being a DUmmie).  Publix is not a communally held business and never has been.  It was started by a single man who saw a niche in the market and put everything he had into a business to fill that niche.  Even today, you don't get to sit on the board of directors for that company unless your related to him.  Publix is an example of what the entrepeneurial spirit can do, given enough freedom.  BTW, I'd like to thank the OP for shopping at Publix, I'll enjoy spending their money when I get my dividend check.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »
Talkingdog, like my actual dog, is an idiot (I know, that condition is considered part of being a DUmmie).  Publix is not a communally held business and never has been.  It was started by a single man who saw a niche in the market and put everything he had into a business to fill that niche.  Even today, you don't get to sit on the board of directors for that company unless your related to him.  Publix is an example of what the entrepeneurial spirit can do, given enough freedom.  BTW, I'd like to thank the OP for shopping at Publix, I'll enjoy spending their money when I get my dividend check.

The DUmmie saw the name "Publix" and assumed it was a communal store simply by the name of the place.

:whatever:
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 09:52:41 AM »
Talkingdog, like my actual dog, is an idiot (I know, that condition is considered part of being a DUmmie).  Publix is not a communally held business and never has been.  It was started by a single man who saw a niche in the market and put everything he had into a business to fill that niche.  Even today, you don't get to sit on the board of directors for that company unless your related to him.  Publix is an example of what the entrepeneurial spirit can do, given enough freedom.  BTW, I'd like to thank the OP for shopping at Publix, I'll enjoy spending their money when I get my dividend check.

Your actual dog deserves better . . . than to be compared equally with a DUmb****.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 10:21:21 AM »
Your actual dog deserves better . . . than to be compared equally with a DUmb****.

I've yet to see a mumbling, drooling dog scared of it's own shadow....

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 10:23:35 AM »

You're right.  Sorry Peanut.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 01:37:11 AM »

Although 1 of mine is scared of the vacuum cleaner, he IS housebroken....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 05:30:38 AM »
Although 1 of mine is scared of the vacuum cleaner, he IS housebroken....

See that, your dog is 3 steps above a DUmmie just right there.

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 07:00:22 AM »
docstew beat me to what I thought was the funniest bit--Publix is not only not a "commune" of any kind, it has a ticker symbol and is technically publically traded OTC--PUSH.OB--although I have no idea when was the last time any stock traded hands on this one. MAN these people are ignorant. I don't care if they imagine they have the intelligence of Einsteins, they have the knowledgebases of disabled bananas.
-------------------------------------------------------

This was the first bit that leapt out for me, though:

"Flags and crap."

Liberal patriotism at its finest.

I

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 07:41:26 AM »
Remind me again what was Al Franken's credentials with these tools.

...nuff said...

►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 07:53:22 AM »
Uh oh.....  our spotlight on the Sunny one may have boosted the primitive's confidence a tad too high.....

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8797761

Ah Sunny.... we hardly knew ye.
Buddha-Boom!!

The VRWC "Take Down" program strikes again!

Tombstoning DUmmys, one at a time...

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 07:53:48 AM »
Not only is Publix publicly traded on the evile Wall St, it's also expensive to shop at. There's 2 strikes.
PLUS they believe in treating and paying their employees fairly, with NO union prodding. This ones a wash. BUT up till a few years ago they closed on Sunday, *GASP* because the Fundy management wanted to allow the employees and customers to attend church. OMG they believe in GOD!!111!!111!oneoneone!!

Strike 3 and the DUmmie OP is shown to be a hypocrite. No good democrat would ever be seen in a place that has stock, doesn't practically give away food and believes in God. No way, no how.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 07:57:14 AM »
I've yet to see a mumbling, drooling dog in a furry suit either.

BUTT...that is just ME and I don't get out much...

Offline Godot showed up

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 09:06:48 AM »
BakedAtAMileHigh (677 posts)      Fri Jul-23-10 10:34 AM
Response to Original message
100. I love it when folks use the term "classy"! It's so revealing.
 Your language reveals much more about you than your subject. You should know that you can indeed buy "class": as a matter of fact, money is the basis for the entire f**king idea. You can't buy TASTE or STYLE, which is something that people who use the word "classy" to describe these types of offensively over-the-top events on the part of the moneyed elite do not seem to understand.

Haven't we had enough idiotic hero-worship in this brain-dead country?

If this one had a Dances-With-Wolves--type Sioux name, it'd be "Nuances of Meaning Lost," or, possibly, "Doesn't Know Shit About English.”

CC regulars--you can skip over the high school--level English lesson to follow. DUmmies and Dems, pay atten-tion, and I'll use short words and go slow-ly so you can un-der-stand.

The adjective "classy" can be used to describe actions, interactions, and character traits that show either little economic contrast or none, and in everyday, common, and accepted usage is a synonym for ""taste," an inherently subjective abstraction.

Examples:

Office worker out with friends at bar: ::belches loudly and continues long after it could be considered unpreventable, does not say “excuse me”::
Coworker, with light sarcastic inflection: “Classy.”

Ronald Reagan was more classy than Ted Kennedy was. I’m more classy than Ted Kennedy was. Fungus is more classy than Ted Kennedy was.

Delphiniums are classy, orchids are not.

CC posters are more classy than DU posters.

I do enjoy exposing the preening pomposity of this kind of dope, the linguistic novice who’s learned a little etymology and then immediately insists on equating origin with usage, a criterion for judging proper use not even the strictest dictionary usage panel would adopt. 

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »
Not only is Publix publicly traded on the evile Wall St, it's also expensive to shop at. There's 2 strikes.
PLUS they believe in treating and paying their employees fairly, with NO union prodding. This ones a wash. BUT up till a few years ago they closed on Sunday, *GASP* because the Fundy management wanted to allow the employees and customers to attend church. OMG they believe in GOD!!111!!111!oneoneone!!

Strike 3 and the DUmmie OP is shown to be a hypocrite. No good democrat would ever be seen in a place that has stock, doesn't practically give away food and believes in God. No way, no how.

Correction for ya Randy, Publix never closed on Sunday, but they would pay the employees a dollar more per hour.  They did close on Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter.  Them being publicly traded is new on me, back when I was there they weren't.  That, and they would give the employees stock based on hours worked, as long as it was over 1000 hours a year.  After 5 years, you could keep it, which is how I came to have some.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 12:10:53 PM »
Well OK I was off by a decade or 2 when I said a few years.... :-)

The section on the 80's
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/Publix-Super-Markets-Inc-Company-History.html

The 1980s brought considerable change to Publix. One of the first changes was automatic teller machines, which Publix began installing before many banks did. The firm was also the first supermarket chain to install bar-code scanners in every store. Jenkins had always refused to open his stores on Sunday, but in 1982, losing market share to stores that did, he relented.

I guess time really does fly when you're having fun.  :lmao:

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
I was 6, so I didn't notice which stores were open on Sunday. lol

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 03:30:48 PM »
I was 6, so I didn't notice which stores were open on Sunday. lol

I hate to admit it but I was a hair bit older than you are now at the time.  :hyper:

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 06:51:11 PM »

...Ronald Reagan was more classy than Ted Kennedy was. I’m more classy than Ted Kennedy was. Fungus is more classy than Ted Kennedy was...

Ted Kennedy as a worm feast is more classy that Ted Kennedy was.... 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 10:57:14 PM »
Ted Kennedy as a worm feast is more classy that Ted Kennedy was.... 

What on earth is wrong about Ted Kennedy.?

Lots of fellas come from a family where their father is rich, and a former ambassador.

Check him out guys, both his brothers were assassinated at an early age, had a sister lobotomised as she was in love with a married man.

He had to watch as his older brothers became world famous and had sex with the same movie star.  His sister married a movie movie star with connections to the MOB.

Fun family life after he spun a strange story about the passenger in his car who drowned and had to find a way to keep his wife from getting half the family fortune.

His sister-in -law at a young age remarried a bald headed old fart that was in love with another woman.

He was now the head of the family and his Nieces and Nephews were driving him nuts, One stole his 90 year old mother's pain medication and later died from a drug over dose.  Another one was convicted of murdering a 15 year old girl.  One went on trial for raping a young woman on his front lawn.

Somewhere in there his Wife began to drink big time.

Sad, so sad, his only relief was to run stark necked on the beach at night and he had to give that up.

The day his niece was to be married his favorite nephew crashed his plane into the water killing himself, Bimbo wife and sister-in law.

This is just a small fraction of the life of Teddy,  in a little over 35 years or so this man had to face the Devil

But he WON won darn it, found a wife that supported him, bought a couple of dogs and became on his own a very influential Senator and perhaps found peace at last.

For me, he was one of the most interesting people to come out of Camelot.

Offline PatriotGame

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2010, 11:09:22 PM »

Lots of fellas come from a family where their father is rich, and a former ambassador.

Check him out guys, both his brothers were assassinated at an early age, had a sister lobotomised as she was in love with a married man.

He had to watch as his older brothers became world famous and had sex with the same movie star.  His sister married a movie movie star with connections to the MOB.

Fun family life after he spun a strange story about the passenger in his car who drowned and had to find a way to keep his wife from getting half the family fortune.

His sister-in -law at a young age remarried a bald headed old fart that was in love with another woman.

He was now the head of the family and his Nieces and Nephews were driving him nuts, One stole his 90 year old mother's pain medication and later died from a drug over dose.  Another one was convicted of murdering a 15 year old girl.  One went on trial for raping a young woman on his front lawn.

Sad, so sad, his only relief was to run stark necked on the beach at night and he had to give that up.

The day his niece was to be married his favorite nephew crashed his plane into the water killing himself, Bimbo wife and sister-in law.

This is just a small fraction of the life of Teddy,  in a little over 35 years or so this man had to face the Devil

But he WON won darn it, found a wife that supported him, bought a couple of dogs and became on his own a very influential Senator and perhaps found peace at last.

Good God you are pathetic.

Where oh where to begin:

He killed a woman: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1209313/Ted-Kennedy-The-Senator-Sleaze-drunk-sexual-bully--left-young-woman-die.html

He CHEATED twice at Harvard and the guy he butt-humped to do his homework and take tests for him was BARRED FOR LIFE from Harvard yet Ted was allowed to stay: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090826085310AAvvn0e (there is much more - figure it out for yourself.

Finally, that cock-sucker committed TREASON against my nation: http://www.tldm.org/News9/KennedyCooperatedWithKGB.htm

That low-life sack of shit SHOULD have died while ROTTING in a cold, dark, windowless prison cell!

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2010, 07:08:06 AM »

He had to watch as his older brothers became world famous and had sex with the same movie star.  His sister married a movie movie star with connections to the MOB.

He was now the head of the family and his Nieces and Nephews were driving him nuts, One stole his 90 year old mother's pain medication and later died from a drug over dose.  Another one was convicted of murdering a 15 year old girl.  One went on trial for raping a young woman on his front lawn.

This is just a small fraction of the life of Teddy,  in a little over 35 years or so this man had to face the Devil

You do know that Camelot doesn't now, nor has it ever, existed, right.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 07:22:47 AM »
You do know that Camelot doesn't now, nor has it ever, existed, right.

Ya know this is a perfect example of how many women vote ( they are th "he's so dreamy,has great hair, just get all tingly voters").  And they say men do most of their thinking with their little head. :thatsright:

Camelot, wasn't that the district in Illinois where the dead rose up to vote for JFK in the 1960 election? 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline diesel driver

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2010, 07:27:44 AM »
Ya know this is a perfect example of how many women vote ( they are th "he's so dreamy,has great hair, just get all tingly voters").  And they say men do most of their thinking with their little head. :thatsright:

Camelot, wasn't that the district in Illinois where the dead rose up to vote for JFK in the 1960 election? 

I thought it was the "Kennedy Compound"...

Oh, wait!  That was Came a lot...