Author Topic: primitive gets picked up by cops  (Read 1647 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive gets picked up by cops
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:22:06 PM »
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7847150

Oh my.

Clintonista2 (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-04-10 11:58 PM
Original message

I was put in the back of a police car and humiliated for walking down the road

So I'm not usually one to complain about the police, but I've just experienced firsthand what many on DU have attested to.

I finished work at 10:30 PM and took my usual bus home. I have to get off and transfer busses at one point, however, tonight I was distracted texting my friend and missed my stop. I realized my mistake about 2 minutes later and rang the bell to get off. The bus travelled about 1 mile down a deserted road with no lights, trees on both sides, etc before stopping at the next stop. So I get off and start walking the 1m back.

At this point, I notice flashing lights and a siren beeps, as a police car pulls up beside me. An officer gets out, and his very first sentence is "hello sir do you have any weapons on you?" I'm 22 years old, have never dealt with the police in my life, and all that was going through my mind at this point were the various DU videos I've watched of police tasering/assaulting people for no reason, so I'm scared shitless. I tell him no, and then he asks me to spread my arms and legs out so he can frisk me. After determining that I have no weapons on me, he asks to see my ID, and I give him my student card. He asks for my address and birthday, and then talks in his radio to get a check on my info, while asking me if I've ever been convicted of a criminal charge, which I haven't.

So he asks me to get get in the back of his car, and then shuts the door and stands outside of the car talking in his radio and reading my ID. Once he determines that I have no criminal history he drives me back to the bus station. On the way, he lets me know that he's only letting me off with "a warning"... "this time." Apparently the road I was walking on was for "buses only" (even though it had a sidewalk with a curb), and somehow I was supposed to know that. He then stops the car right in front of the bus stop, where a crowd of people are watching, and comes around to let me out. I had to wait with those people for 20 minutes afterwards while waiting for the bus... it was the 20 most humiliating minutes of my life.

Anyways, that was my day DU, how was yours?

Vastly enormous massive campfire.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Re: primitive gets picked up by cops
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 08:25:20 PM »
Sounds like the primitive is living vicariously through John Rambo.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Specbid

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 08:29:50 PM »
Clintonista2  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Fri Mar-05-10 12:02 AM
Response to Reply #1
4. yes actually, it actually made me feel better when I phoned my best friend afterwards

shaking and almost in tears to tell him what happened... and his response was to burst out laughing LOL.

LOL.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 08:36:15 PM »
Dozens of messages "removed by a moderator" on there, but, this one holds steadfast...

hatesthegop  (56 posts)      Fri Mar-05-10 02:14 PM
Response to Original message
227. All cops are worthless scum
 They are nothing but the shit stain on society and we have let them get that way because of the glorification put out by assholes like fox news and others...COPS comes to mind, they show these arrogant pieces of crap treating SUSPECTS with extreme disrepsect. That gets popular amongst the sheep and soon enough it becomes standard practice in all police departments.

Telling that...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 08:38:21 PM »
So some 22 year old moron with the name "Clintonista2" who never knew who the hell the first fornicator was was picked up walking around a drug area. <My best guess.  :thatsright:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »
Why are they always enemies of the state ?

Here is my story about riding in a police car

One night while driving home from work, my car's alternator died under an overpass at a busy intersection. Two officers in a cruiser came up behind me, and asked me what the problem was - I explained my car had died, I was about a dozen blocks away from my destination, and from home I could call for a tow.

The officers, without giving it a second thought got out of the cruiser, and pushed my car to the side of the road as I worked the wheel. They then dropped me off at home, where I made a call for a tow, and the missus drove me back to where the car died.

The car was on a flatbed off to the garage I use no more than 30 minutes later. The End.

edit: changed my to me

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:44:18 PM by miskie »

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 08:43:26 PM »
I had to ride in the back of a police car once.  It wasn't comfortable.

I never did that again.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 08:44:05 PM »
Number one issue always on the mind of a liberal.....

tularetom   (1000+ posts)             Fri Mar-05-10 12:04 AM
6. Not trying to be nosy

Are you African American?

Clintonista2 (1000+ posts)           Fri Mar-05-10 12:06 AM
Response to Reply #6
11. no, white

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »
I had to ride in the back of a police car once.  It wasn't comfortable.

I never did that again.

No, it wasn't - I actually commented on the lumpy plastic seat and learned they are that way to keep the passenger reasonably restrained if necessary, and the seat can be hosed off easily. Learning the second part made my ride even less comfortable. Thankfully it was short.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 08:51:35 PM »
The seat didn't really bother me.  It was the zero legroom because of the cage separating the drivers from the passengers.  Ouch... my knees hurt just thinking about it.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »
The seat didn't really bother me.  It was the zero legroom because of the cage separating the drivers from the passengers.  Ouch... my knees hurt just thinking about it.

I don't specifically remember the cage beyond knowing it was there - but then again, this was back in '97, so I'm certain there are details that have faded over time.

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 08:54:49 PM »
Interesting.  vadawg is apparently a cop.

He really sets off the DUmmies with "profiling"

vadawg (1000+ posts)           Fri Mar-05-10 12:32 AM
33. you did the right thing you let him do his job, he was suspicious of you

you complied and didnt do anything dumb, he checked you out and then did the nice thing by giving you a lift to where you could get transport you were going to.

Name removed (0 posts)           Fri Mar-05-10 12:41 AM
Response to Reply #33
38. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

vadawg (1000+ posts)           Fri Mar-05-10 12:46 AM
Response to Reply #38
41. lol no his ****ing job is if he sees someone on a darkened road in the middle of nowhere as per the

op and that person appears suspicious is to stop that person and find out what they are about, you do realise that this is a part of the job, you know stopping suspicious vehicles and people and doing terry stops....

Subdivisions   (1000+ posts)             Fri Mar-05-10 12:47 AM
Response to Reply #41
43. I bet you profile people too, don't you? n/t

vadawg (1000+ posts)           Fri Mar-05-10 12:50 AM
Response to Reply #43
45. yeah of course i do, if i see you wearing gang colors and carrying a machete then i profile you as a

banger, if i see you in a ski mask with a shotgun running out of a bank then your pretty much profiled as a bank robber, if your lying in a ditch with a needle in your arm then your an addict, if im driving along a quiet road and i see a suspicious pedestrian who seems out of place then im going to stop them to find out whats up.

Name removed (0 posts)           Fri Mar-05-10 12:53 AM
Response to Reply #45
48. Deleted message

Name removed (0 posts)           Fri Mar-05-10 01:00 AM
Response to Reply #45
55. Deleted message

Name removed (0 posts)           Fri Mar-05-10 01:05 AM
Response to Reply #45
56. Deleted message

Wish I could have seen em....

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »
If the road is buses only... what was a squad car doing there?

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 08:57:18 PM »
vadawg will be shunned by the primitives, now that he is obviously 'Da Man'

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »
I think these particular Names Removed were being rude. Just a hunch.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 09:06:19 PM »
vadawg will be shunned by the primitives, now that he is obviously 'Da Man'

As mentioned, the campfire's really big.

But if one takes the time to read it, one can discern which primitives have criminal records, or relatives with criminal records, from their comments.

I'm surprised the Joanne98 primitive didn't see it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 09:06:50 PM »
What an oozing *****. 22 years old and scared shitless from a ride to a bus stop. No wonder his friend LOL'd when he found out what a quaking 4 year old his buddy is.

I need to start a poll. This has made me wonder something.

Offline Reality vs DU

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »
I think these particular Names Removed were being rude. Just a hunch.

Liberal sensibilities simply will not allow a concept like "profiling" even though it has probably saved numerous lives and they do it as much if not more than any conservative but will not admit it.

Offline terry

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
Why are they always enemies of the state ?

Here is my story about riding in a police car

One night while driving home from work, my car's alternator died under an overpass at a busy intersection. Two officers in a cruiser came up behind me, and asked me what the problem was - I explained my car had died, I was about a dozen blocks away from my destination, and from home I could call for a tow.

The officers, without giving it a second thought got out of the cruiser, and pushed my car to the side of the road as I worked the wheel. They then dropped me off at home, where I made a call for a tow, and the missus drove me back to where the car died.

The car was on a flatbed off to the garage I use no more than 30 minutes later. The End.

edit: changed my to me

I had a similar experience, my car died on an interstate.  This was before cell phones were common and I didn't have one.   A state trooper in a marked car stopped with 5 minutes, gave me a lift to the next exit where I was able to call my husband.

My dad had a funny experience.  This happened in the late 70's.  It was during a huge blizzard like snow storm.   He went to pick up my sister from who was a teenager working at the mall.  He took the dog (a collie mix) with him because he liked the company and the dog liked to ride in the car.   He got my sister ok but on the way back, the car got stuck in the snow.   A local cop stopped and loaded dad, sis and Trouble into the patrol car.  We lived in a different municipality than where they got stuck.  He called ahead to the municipality that we lived in, a cop from that town met them at the border and transferred dad, sis and Trouble to the hometown cop's car, who drove them all home.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 09:28:30 PM »
My only experience riding in a cop car was when I had a problem, and was standing by the side of the highway.  A sheriff's deputy came by, inquired of the problem, and offered to take me to town.

I don't think cops should be taxi-drivers and chauffeurs, so I said thanks, but no, I'd wait for a civilian to come by.

But the sheriff's deputy insisted upon taking me, as it was dark (circa 1:00 a.m.), cold (circa 10 degrees), windy (circa 30 mph), and snowing.

The leg-room in the back seat was like, maybe, four inches.

"Town" was 37 miles away, and considerably out of his way (and his county, too).

I dunno why primitives have so many problems with cops.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 09:32:01 PM »
Probably the same reason they have probelms with their families, their employers, the military, their parole officers, etc etc.

Carlos Miller is a prime example of a DUmmy.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 09:36:19 PM »
 A local cop stopped and loaded dad, sis and Trouble into the patrol car.  We lived in a different municipality than where they got stuck.  He called ahead to the municipality that we lived in, a cop from that town met them at the border and transferred dad, sis and Trouble to the hometown cop's car, who drove them all home.

Yes, they can be helpful. As long as your not the suspicious DUmmie type

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 11:21:48 PM »
I've never been in a police car but I have been in a sheriff's car.  We had a neighbor that used to ride us around in the neighborhood with lights and siren on when we were young.  Very nice man.  I can't remember his name but I recall his face.

The car had a pee smell.   :lmao:

My son has been stopped twice in my neighborhood and we've only been here a year and a half.  They profile.  He's white.  So what.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »
I had the opportunity to be inside of a police car only one time.  It was 4th of July, sometime around 2001 or 2002.  I had just merged onto a two lane highway where the speed limit was 60.  There was a new silver Impala (civilian) who I noticed was coming up very fast on my rear view mirror. The driver was obviously miffed because he thought I had pulled out in front of him, and decided to show me how fast he could go to get around me. 

Well, it wasn't going to happen, as I was in my 240z that had been hopped up with all sorts of go fast goodies, and mostly stripped of everything inside (read, weighed nothing).  I watched as the Impala kept getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror, and only had time to train my eyes to the car in the opposing lane flip on his lights, and proceed to do the fastest direction change I have seen yet.  He flew past the silver Impala, and pulled up next to me on the curb (I knew I had been had, and didn't want to be in even worse trouble). 

I had just turned 20, skinny, and obviously not any sort of physical threat.  The state trooper had me sit in the front seat of his cruiser while he ran my information to see if my I had any warrants or anything of the like.  He clocked me going over 110MPH.  I explained to him that I was trying to outrun the Impala he had passed before pulling me over.  After we had a long conversation about speeding, about his riot shotgun he had tucked in the holster on the transmission tunnel, and my Datsun, he let me go with a warning.

I realize now he could have written me a much-deserved ticket that would have resulted in the possibility of me losing my license, and/or possible jail time.  Being that I was young and stupid, the state trooper made quite the impression on me that I still hold today. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 12:51:17 PM »
I got busted doing 85 in a 55 on my motorcycle.  Anything 25mph over the speed limit can be charged as a felony in TN.

That was my last speeding ticket -- I didn't get another traffic ticket for nearly 15 years.