Author Topic: Palin Deserved to have Trig Picked On  (Read 6086 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Palin Deserved to have Trig Picked On
« on: February 17, 2010, 06:15:08 AM »
Drunken Irishman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-17-10 02:54 AM
Original message
You know, if you parade Twig, Twit, Tweed, Twerp or whatever Palin named him around...

You've got to expect someone is going to slam you for it. I think that's what Seth was doing with Family Guy. Was it a crass way of doing it? Sure. But the fact is, she uses her down syndrome son as a tool to further her agenda. She has no right to complain when someone calls her on it.

It's unfortunate she doesn't see the double-standard here.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7730512

When was the last time Trig was seen in the media?

MadBadger (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 03:25 AM
Response to Original message
1. Was this the Cable du jour tuesday?

Drunken Irishman Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 03:51 AM
Response to Reply #1
3. Yup. Dominating the discussion. Poor wittle Palin's Trig was picked on.

But in reality, he really wasn't.

Rhiannon12866 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 03:34 AM
2. K&R. Of course. The poor little kid is a prop...

And yet Palin cut funding for children like her own. :thumbsdown:

Actually you ****ing spoonfed veal calf: there was a request to increase spending by $500,000 over the previous year's spending but Palin authorized an increase of $250,000...but it was still an increase.

And it was for the Special Olympics! not an educational program!!!

Drunken Irishman Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 03:52 AM
Response to Reply #2
4. Her kid will get all the benefits money can buy.

It's the real kids out there - the ones not born to rich and famous parents - who suffer.
3 posts in 4 replies + the OP

Monkey shit here is really beating this drum.

Hekate Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 03:56 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. I thought the State of Alaska was still waiting for his birth certificate.

Whatever.

Rhiannon12866 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 05:11 AM
Response to Reply #4
6. Exactly.

But with kids like him (I can't remember his name :eyes:), early education is paramount. Downs Syndrome kids are now going to college, something unheard of a generation ago. But they need an early start, one that begins in infancy. I worked at a school for disabled kids and many started there as babies. Being carried around, no matter where it is, is no substitution... :-(

That's one reason Palin's cutting funding for average kids with disabilities just like hers has is so sad. Not only doesn't she care at all about them, she just doesn't get it. She uses him as a talking point, while understanding nothing. x(

It was for the Special Olympics--which you are too stupid to qualify for--and they still got an increase.

HughBeaumont Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 05:16 AM
Response to Reply #4
7. Precisely why I got snipped.

I love my one stepson, but let's face it: Kids cost money. Especially ones in need of massive amounts of health care. This ain't Europe we live in, unfortunately, and the Big Insurance Mafia couldn't care LESS about your issues.
Your dad should have been snipped.

marshall (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 06:56 AM
8. Parents used to keep kids like that at home so nobody would see them

If they weren't seen in public they weren't made fun of, and they didn't embarass the family. When they get a little older most were encouraged to find some kind of "home" to send them to.
Yeah! Keep that little monster in the attic where he belongs!!!

TexasObserver Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 07:01 AM
9. Unrecommend. Are you trying to make us look bad?

Too late. You should have said something 9 years ago.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Palin Deserved to have Trig Picked On
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 06:40:53 AM »
Proving once again that these people (for lack of a better word) are just a waste of ammo.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 06:44:01 AM »
No Cut for "Special Needs" Kids

It's not true, as widely reported in mass e-mails, Web postings and at least one mainstream news source, that Palin slashed the special education budget in Alaska by 62 percent. CNN's Soledad O'Brien made the claim on Sept. 4 in an interview with Nicolle Wallace, a senior adviser to the McCain campaign:

O'Brien, Sept. 4: One are that has gotten certainly people sending to me a lot of e-mails is the question about as governor what she did with the special needs budget, which I'm sure you're aware, she cut significantly, 62 percent I think is the number from when she came into office. As a woman who is now a mother to a special needs child, and I think she actually has a nephew which is autistic as well. How much of a problem is this going to be as she tries to navigate both sides of that issue?

Such a move might have made Palin look heartless or hypocritical in view of her convention-speech pledge to be an advocate for special needs children and their families. But in fact, she increased special needs funding so dramatically that a representative of local school boards described the jump as "historic."

According to an April 2008 article in Education Week, Palin signed legislation in March 2008 that would increase public school funding considerably, including special needs funding. In particular, it would increase spending for certain special needs students that Alaska calls "intensive needs" (students with high-cost special requirements) from $26,900 per student in 2008 to $73,840 per student in 2011. That almost triples the per-student spending in three fiscal years. Palin's original proposal, according to the Anchorage Daily News, would have increased funds slightly more, giving intensive needs students a $77,740 allotment by 2011.

Education Week: A second part of the measure raises spending for students with special needs [the intensive needs group] to $73,840 in fiscal 2011, from the current $26,900 per student in fiscal 2008, according to the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development.

Unlike many other states, Alaska has relatively flush budget coffers, thanks to a rise in oil and gas revenues. Funding for schools will remain fairly level next year, however. Overall per-pupil funding across the state will rise by $100, to $5,480, in fiscal 2009. ...

Carl Rose, the executive director of the Association of Alaska School Boards, praised the changes in funding for rural schools and students with special needs as a "historic event," and said the finance overhaul would bring more stability to district budgets.

According to Eddy Jeans at the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development, funding for special needs and intensive needs students has increased every year since Palin entered office, from a total of $203 million in 2006 to a projected $276 million in 2009.

Those who claim that Palin cut special needs funding by 62 percent are looking in the wrong place and misinterpreting what they find there. They point to an apparent drop in the Department of Education and Early Development budget for special schools. But the special schools budget, despite the similar name, isn't the special needs budget. "I don’t even consider the special schools component [part of] our special needs funding," Jeans told FactCheck.org. "The special needs funding is provided through our public school funding formula. The special schools is simply a budget component where we have funding set aside for special projects," such as the Alaska School for the Deaf and the Alaska Military Youth Academy. A different budget component, the Foundation Program, governs special needs programs in the public school system.

And in any case, the decrease in funding for special schools is illusory. Palin moved the Alaska Military Youth Academy's ChalleNGe program, a residential military school program that teaches job and life skills to students under 20, out of the budget line for "special schools" and into its own line. This resulted in an apparent drop of more than $5 million in the special schools budget with no actual decrease in funding for the programs.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 06:50:19 AM »
Drunken Irishman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-17-10 02:54 AM
Original message
You know, if you parade Twig, Twit, Tweed, Twerp or whatever Palin named him around...

You've got to expect someone is going to slam you for it. I think that's what Seth was doing with Family Guy. Was it a crass way of doing it? Sure. But the fact is, she uses her down syndrome son as a tool to further her agenda. She has no right to complain when someone calls her on it.

It's unfortunate she doesn't see the double-standard here.

Had the child been typical would the "parading around" commentary been made?   

The mindset of these halfwits is something that is just so inconsistent it is difficult to even study.    In one breath they claim sympathy to a child with down's, in the next they make the statements that if you expose your child with down's to the public, then expect the pot shots.   WTF is wrong with these people?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 06:55:58 AM »
Had the child been typical would the "parading around" commentary been made? 

Yes. So apparently it's OK to make fun of Obama's kids.

And you wouldn't even be a racist.

Offline Specbid

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 07:22:31 AM »
Drunken Irishman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Feb-17-10 02:54 AM
Original message

This DUmmie's name should be "stupid a$$hole Irishman." If I wasn't such a nice guy, it might be "broken nose Irishman."  :bird:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 07:33:54 AM »
This DUmmie's name should be "stupid a$$hole Irishman." If I wasn't such a nice guy, it might be "broken nose Irishman."  :bird:

I like "Toothless, Broken-Jawed Irishman" better.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Specbid

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 07:38:30 AM »
I like "Toothless, Broken-Jawed Irishman" better.

If he said this crap in front of Todd or the eldest boy, he'd probably be "ski-pole up the a$$ irishman."

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 08:00:17 AM »
DUmmies hate Trig because he represents what they hate: the mother choosing life for her developmentally disabled child.  I've heard that upwards of 90% of Down's Syndrome children are aborted.  How obscene!

Offline Specbid

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 08:06:11 AM »
DUmmies hate Trig because he represents what they hate: the mother choosing life for her developmentally disabled child.  I've heard that upwards of 90% of Down's Syndrome children are aborted.  How obscene!

"How obscene" is right. I have a cousin with Down. He was the coolest kid and has grown into a cooler adult. (And he loves horseracing.  :-) )

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 08:24:53 AM »
Didn't Michelle bring the Obamabrats onto Oprah? Like giant parade balloons??

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 08:29:10 AM »
"How obscene" is right. I have a cousin with Down. He was the coolest kid and has grown into a cooler adult. (And he loves horseracing.  :-) )

My neighbor's son had down syndrome.  He was in his 30's when we moved in, and he was incredibly sweet.  We gave him my brother's bicycle when he outgrew it, and it was the first bicycle he had ever ridden.  Very sweet guy, but his mom was getting too old to really care for him, so he moved to live with his older sister, and his mom moved into retirement housing. 

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 09:06:15 AM »
Looks like good ol' Name Removed brought up the Kennedys' treatment of one of their own...

The DUmp hates truth.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »
So is it safe to make fun of Chelsea Clinton yet?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 09:23:50 AM »
Looks like good ol' Name Removed brought up the Kennedys' treatment of one of their own...

The DUmp hates truth.

Yeah, it's obvious what was said there; filling in the blanks is easy.

Name removed (0 posts)      Wed Feb-17-10 08:07 AM

14. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

peacefreak  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-17-10 08:25 AM
Response to Reply #14

17. Joe Kennedy's treatment of his daughter was horrifying, but his children took the lead in the care of the mentally disabled in the 60's through reform & heightened visibility with the Special Olympics.

Name removed (0 posts)      Wed Feb-17-10 08:29 AM
Response to Reply #17

18. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

The primitives obviously aren't up to date on their history, either.

Rosemary Kennedy, the third child and oldest daughter of Joe, was not mentally retarded, although it was convenient for the Kennedys to keep that facade for some decades.

She was apparently a tad little bit too high-strung, and not the competitive sort of personality, which displeased her father.  There's lots of stuff (heretofore repressed) she wrote as a child and then a teenager, that reveals above average intelligence.

Because she displeased her father, he had her lobotomized.

It's no wonder all the other Kennedy siblings were terrified of Papa Joe, and did their best to try and please him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline terry

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 09:52:16 AM »
Rhiannon12866 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Wed Feb-17-10 05:11 AM
Response to Reply #4
6. Exactly.

But with kids like him (I can't remember his name :eyes:), early education is paramount. Downs Syndrome kids are now going to college, something unheard of a generation ago. But they need an early start, one that begins in infancy. I worked at a school for disabled kids and many started there as babies. Being carried around, no matter where it is, is no substitution... :-(

Because it's always better for a baby to be in a school/institution than to be cared for and educated by his loving mother and family.  That loving mother can't possibly teach that child at home the things Rhiannon can teach him in the institution.

:whatever:

I have a little guy who was diagnosed with developmental delay (actually autism) at age 3, his issues were all social not cognitive. The school district wanted me to enroll him in a preschool where he would put in almost as many hours as his typical grade school brothers.

I believe that some mature, typical kids are socially ready for preschool, a few hours a week.  But I think many really do better if they are home with someone who can focus just on them and their needs.  At the time I thought, he has social issues, he's behind socially how is throwing him into a classroom with a bunch of other kids who may or may not be socially ready going to help him.   

If the choice is between putting a very young developmentally delayed child in a classroom with a teacher and maybe 3 or 4 other very young developmentally delayed children or keeping the child home with a parent and sending someone into the home to work with the parent and the child, I'd pick the latter every time.   That is a choice that Sarah Palin can afford and probably does.

If the choice is between putting the very young child in a special school and putting the child in daycare or parking the child in front of the TV then the special school is probably the better choice.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
Absolutely not! But I think you can make a run at Amy Carter.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 11:46:29 AM »
If I cussed like a longshoreman I wouldn't be able to express the level of disgust I have for these people. And the thing is, they have so little class and compassion that they say exactly what every leftist thinks.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »
No, but her orthodontist is fair game.

Offline Karin

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 12:39:20 PM »
I'm with you, Cindie.  This thread has put a black cloud right over my head.  I'm glad we captured it here, though, in case some Mod thinks it makes democrats look bad.  Look at how they blacked out the Rose comment. 
I may share this thread with others on the webz, if that's OK. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 01:56:13 PM »
Just noticed something about the Welsh witch primitive.

Rhiannon12866

Hey, Carl--does this look familiar?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »
If he said this crap in front of Todd or the eldest boy, he'd probably be "ski-pole up the a$$ irishman."

:rotf: For sure.
Caught somewhere in time

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 04:29:47 PM »
twisted....

:censored:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 05:07:40 PM »
The party of "love and diversity" quite naturally hates anyone different...even babies.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »
The party of "love and diversity" quite naturally hates anyone different...even babies.

Whatever they say, they mean the exact opposite. Orwellianism, not just for breakfast anymore.
Caught somewhere in time