Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Happiness  (Read 1455 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Happiness
« on: January 26, 2010, 12:51:30 AM »
DUmmy Husb2Sparkly, sitting on the basement toilet by the litter box, is never, ever, a happy man. Even though he brags to the DUmp about his affluence nearly as much as Pam Dawson, he has a sour outlook on everything. Now he's even worried about Sparkly's co-worker down at the strip club, who slipped off a slippery pole and sprained her ankle. So he's not happy, and no one else should be, either:
Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-25-10 11:34 PM
Original message
Do you know anybody who's happy?
Really happy? Not deluded or in need of meds. But honestly happy.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7571169

Skittles  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-25-10 11:34 PM
Response to Original message
1. only clueless ****s
Several DUmmies on this thread confess to being happy, but they are only the nameless, faceless, useless neophyte DUmmies, and no one really cares how they feel. True Stalinist democrats are never, ever happy, and make sure everyone knows it.

DUmmy undeterred is embarrassed by his dog's apparent happiness:
undeterred  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-25-10 11:35 PM
2. My dog is happy 
but he misses a lot.

DUmmy Electric Monk is worthless, a member of the faceless, namless mob, but he's trying hard to get the approval of his superiors, so maybe he can someday be promoted:
Electric Monk  (694 posts)        Mon Jan-25-10 11:36 PM
5. Yes, but he's four, and when he grows up he wants to be a fire truck

DUmmy vadawg, who I believe claims to be a cop, pisses on a thread nearly every time he makes a comment:
vadawg  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-25-10 11:37 PM
6. rofl theres tonnes of happy people out there, if you dont know any you need to expand your circle
not everyone thinks the grass is greener or cares about politics, many people just get by day to day and are as happy as crap, personally i dont think ive ever had a day where i would say i was unhappy for all the hours in it...

Troll.

DUmmy Husb2Sparkly has no patience with people who claim happiness. There are injured strippers out there:
Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-25-10 11:47 PM
Response to Reply #6
16. Thanks for lecturing me about shit I never said about myself.
Sometimes a question is just a topic thrown out there.

Now ..... had I said "I'm not happy. Are you?" your post would have made sense.
Similarly, had I asked the question and then said "I don't", your post would have made sense.
Instead, it is just you, rolling on the floor laughing about something that exists only your mind. And for that, I sure HOPE you're happy.

DUmmy scarletwoman apologizes for enjoying herself:
scarletwoman  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-25-10 11:54 PM
Response to Reply #14
22. I'm having my own private Ingmar Bergman film festival in my own living room.
I got a Netflix subscription for a Christmas present, so I'm going hog wild on all the old foreign films I ever wanted to see -- or see again.
It's a blast!

Er... But I'm not happy, of course. 

Another nameless, faceless DUmmy disrespecting his betters:
frazzled  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-25-10 11:48 PM
17. I guess there's a reason they call you Stinky
I'm beginning to realize the problems on this board are less political in nature than psychological.

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-25-10 11:52 PM
Response to Reply #17
21. Can you elaborate?
Or do you just enjoy throwing shit at people?

DUmmy havocmom is a legitimate democrat:
havocmom  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-25-10 11:56 PM
24. Not in several years. Saw the glimmer of happy after Nov 08
but it's all over now

DUmmy grasswire confesses to happiness, but just for one day. Last month.
grasswire  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-25-10 11:59 PM
25. I was happy for a day last month.
It was the day of the annual family get-together of many cousins at the retirement home where my mother's two remaining sisters live. To be with all my cousins and my brother was the happiest of times. I am extremely happy when with family.

Another troll:
Kaleva  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-26-10 01:02 AM
33. I'm happy.
Hate and anger just consume people.

One DUmmy, named after unicorn shit, explains why a real democrat should never be happy:
Skittles  (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-26-10 01:05 AM
Response to Reply #33
34. it's not just hate and anger that precludes happiness
just giving a shit about other people can do it

Offline kenth

Re: DUmmies Discuss Happiness
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 01:15:24 AM »
Every leftist I've known is miserable to be around. They can't let politics go for even a minute, and they're constantly pissed off about something. They do nothing but bring the room down.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 01:23:17 AM »
grasswire  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-25-10 11:59 PM
25. I was happy for a day last month.
It was the day of the annual family get-together of many cousins at the retirement home where my mother's two remaining sisters live. To be with all my cousins and my brother was the happiest of times. I am extremely happy when with family.

A DUmmie that actually likes their family?  That's a new one.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 06:13:56 AM »
I wonder if Stinky listens to Don Imus, whose motto is: "I'm not happy until you're not happy."..?

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 07:35:26 AM »
Every in-law (even the young adults of the family) I have is unhappy, a liberal, in therapy and on psychotropic drugs for depression. 

It has nothing to do with 'giving a shit about other people' as the Primitives would have one believe.  It has to do with a hunger for recognition to validate their own worth.  They volunteer, donate and are quasi active in their 'progressive' endeavors, but remain sullen because they receive no payback or praise for their efforts.

For all their much (self) vaunted compassion they are some of the worst people to be around in a time of trouble or crisis. 

Probably, there are liberals who aren't like my in laws, but I've yet to meet any.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 07:40:48 AM »
Quote from:
Skittles

34. it's not just hate and anger that precludes happiness

just giving a shit about other people can do it

If that were true, the primitives would be the happiest people on the planet because they only care about themselves.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 08:31:28 AM »
I don't think these people can get through a single thread without squabbling.  Someone says something slightly snarky, and someone else feels deep offense and outrage over it, and duels ensue.  Stinky is the worst of them.  A most unpleasant person.  If I had the misfortune to be married to him, I'd be experimenting with my chemistry set, too. 

Whiffleball, I feel terrible for you with your in-laws.  I like my inlaws a lot.  My mother in law informed me recently that, as a lifelong Republican, she had voted for Obama.  "How do you feel about that now?"  I asked.  She was a little lost for words.  My husband said zero would be a one-termer.  "You really think so?  Why?"  I told her that many people felt we now had a Commie inhabiting the White House.  "Really?!"  Bless her heart, she's in 80's and maybe not as with it. 

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
You couldn't pay me enough to me a DUmmie.  I'm not happy 24/7, but I'm happy most of the time.  Sure, I get upset about things, I get sad when I watch the news, etc., but overall, I have a happy life.  It must suck to be so unhappy about everything all the time.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 08:42:05 AM »
It has nothing to do with 'giving a shit about other people' as the Primitives would have one believe.  It has to do with a hunger for recognition to validate their own worth.  They volunteer, donate and are quasi active in their 'progressive' endeavors, but remain sullen because they receive no payback or praise for their efforts.

Yep. They want to be seen as caring about other people, even though they don't, has anyone ever seen evidence of that in the DUmp?

Offline kenth

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 08:59:44 AM »
Yep. They want to be seen as caring about other people, even though they don't, has anyone ever seen evidence of that in the DUmp?
They always try to find an angle to their "caring" so that they get something out of it. They either benefit directly, or they run to the dump and post to get their praise.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 09:21:24 AM »
They always try to find an angle to their "caring" so that they get something out of it. They either benefit directly, or they run to the dump and post to get their praise.

Exactly. They do not understand that altruism means you get nothing in return except a feeling that you did a good thing.

Offline kenth

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 09:31:07 AM »
Heh, one of the best dump threads was one that the OP asked for stories about helping other people.
One of them told how he opened a door for an older lady, and get this, he didn't even know her! So of course he got all kinds of praise about what a great guy he was. That was pretty much the level of their "goodness." It was ridiculous. I think this was around the time that Kerry brought up the "good deeds" line in his campaign.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 09:36:28 AM »

Whiffleball, I feel terrible for you with your in-laws.  I like my inlaws a lot.  My mother in law informed me recently that, as a lifelong Republican, she had voted for Obama.  "How do you feel about that now?"  I asked.  She was a little lost for words.  My husband said zero would be a one-termer.  "You really think so?  Why?"  I told her that many people felt we now had a Commie inhabiting the White House.  "Really?!"  Bless her heart, she's in 80's and maybe not as with it. 

Their unhappiness isn't hurting me and I've learned to just smile and keep my opinions to myself during get togethers.  I don't truly dislike them; I suppose I pity them more than anything else.  They're all very well off financially and blessed with good health, but are perennially unhappy.

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
RE kenth's post.  That sounds like that would be a good thread.  Couldn't a mole go over and start one?  Seems innocuous enough. 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 09:46:52 AM »
You couldn't pay me enough to me a DUmmie.  I'm not happy 24/7, but I'm happy most of the time.  Sure, I get upset about things, I get sad when I watch the news, etc., but overall, I have a happy life.  It must suck to be so unhappy about everything all the time.

That is the thing,by the op they define happiness as an artificial euphoria rather then the acceptence of life as it is,the good with the bad.

They can`t ever do that because their lives are based on a childish envy and bitterness that something is unfair or someone else has something they want.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 09:55:16 AM »

Bobbolink.  As long as that individual is there posting as being homeless and living in a car, that's all the evidence one needs to prove it's all words and never any action.  They've had years and endless opportunities to help her, but have done nothing.  Nothing.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »
Bobbolink.  As long as that individual is there posting as being homeless and living in a car, that's all the evidence one needs to prove it's all words and never any action.  They've had years and endless opportunities to help her, but have done nothing.  Nothing.

Bobbolink is homeless?

Seriously though....good point.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline jukin

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »
BLIND SQUIRREL ALERT!!!

frazzled  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-25-10 11:48 PM
17. I guess there's a reason they call you Stinky
I'm beginning to realize the problems on this board are less political in nature than psychological.

That just maybe a new tagline.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 10:33:08 AM »
Yeah, frazzled was having a classic lucid moment there!

:lmao:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »
Heh, one of the best dump threads was one that the OP asked for stories about helping other people.
One of them told how he opened a door for an older lady, and get this, he didn't even know her! So of course he got all kinds of praise about what a great guy he was. That was pretty much the level of their "goodness." It was ridiculous. I think this was around the time that Kerry brought up the "good deeds" line in his campaign.

I remember making around $5 bucks an hour at a grocery store and a woman dropped a $100 bill (I think it was) and I very quickly picked it up and called her attention to it. It never crossed my mind to keep the money. (because of something that happened as a kid that stuck with me)

Offline Specbid

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-25-10 11:34 PM
Original message
Do you know anybody who's happy?
Really happy? Not deluded or in need of meds. But honestly happy.

If one is always unhappy and depressed, why would one log in to a website where everyone is unhappy and depressed.
Defies logic...I need a drink. Is it 4:00 yet?

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 11:18:02 AM »
Screw all this shit!
The more unhappy, crying, bawling, full of angst, and just plain 'sadly ripped to shit' a DUmmy is, the better the world will be.
These dysfunctional ****-twits deserve all of their self-imposed sadness.

Remember: liberalism is a mental disorder and liberals are clinically insane.
The tragedies that are their lives is by design.
We should at lease acknowledge their standing in the Karma driven slot at the bottom of the gene pool. As a matter of fact, we should celebrate it.
When the tools of Satan are unhappy, the human race is better off for it.

<insert happy dance smiley here>
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »
One wonders if the primitives ever contemplate on the fact that they deserve to be unhappy, given that they're primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline terry

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
Matariki  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jan-26-10 11:04 AM
66. Yes.

they don't read DU, they enjoy the work they do, they teach and help others, have a good relationship and a strong spiritual life. the person I'm thinking of is even tempered and happy.

I'm pretty happy generally too.

That would be the key, wouldn't it.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »
One wonders if the primitives ever contemplate on the fact that they deserve to be unhappy, given that they're primitives.

No but I have little doubt they contemplate that the world doesn't deserve to be happy unless they are, and they can't ever be.