Author Topic: primitives get violently crumbling about Tangerine LaBamba  (Read 5224 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives get violently crumbling about Tangerine LaBamba
« on: January 01, 2010, 08:40:01 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7369347

Oh my.

This is such a wonderful textbook example of how the primitives squibble-squabble, and so I feel compelled to bring the whole thing over here.  It's long, and if someone's not into anything long, forget about it.  But it is interesting.

The whole thing, because as the moderators get unstoned and pay attention, they seem to be chipping away at it; we get mentioned some way deep down the campfire.

First up, the tularetom primitive from California, the primitive who prospered mightily during the lousy Bush economy, the worst depression since Moses parted the Red Sea, in real estate, and who has a stable of equines; also either he or his wife is on social security disability, thanks to Ronald Reagan who made it possible.

tularetom  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 09:28 PM
Original message

I've been away so I'm posting my tribute to Tangerine La Bamba now

Her passing has left a pall over the holiday season for me. I was out of town when the news appeared on DU and only able to leave a very brief comment, so please indulge me if this seems somewhat redundant.

I feel like a family member has died. I admired, even loved this woman for her fighting spirit, her inability to suffer fools gladly, her quick wit, and her contempt for chickenshit rules. Although we never met face to face, she made me feel like a lifelong friend.

I'm a cynical old bastard, and not one to indulge in sentiment, but I will miss T La B like I miss my sister who passed away in 1987 at the age of 47.

Rest in peace Tangerine La Bamba. DU will never be the same without you.

villager  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 09:34 PM
Response to Original message

1. Wonder who the anonymous asshole was who unrecc'd this?  

In any case, yes, she will definitely be missed...

One suspects the TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009 did it.

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 10:15 PM
Response to Reply #1

13. Probably one of the people here who think her death is a hoax.

Or someone clumsy enough to click in the wrong spot.

niyad  (1000+ posts)       Thu Dec-31-09 10:33 PM
Response to Reply #1

19. I know of several who did.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...  

burning rain  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 09:35 PM

2. She was wonderful & brilliant.

I miss her, too.

barbtries  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 09:40 PM

3. i've really been away

this is news to me. link?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:41:35 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
DUmmie Violet_Crumble Wants Proof of TLB's Death
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:42:47 AM »
According to VC, no funeral and no official obit means she really has not passed. DUmmie Violet's first comment is downthread several comments and speaks for itself, really.  She wants Skins involved in this one!

Violet_Crumble  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Thu Dec-31-09 09:34 PM
Response to Reply #17
20. You can't bury or cremate someone without a funeral, so it's not possible...

There's other DUers getting sceptical about this one, and it's not just the fact there's no funeral and no trace of any confirmation of her death anywhere. It's because she was tombstoned from here only recently and there were gravedancing threads even more recently. The timing is a bit odd. So as I said, if someone at DU has any confirmation at all that she's dead, I think they should contact Skinner so any confusion is cleared up.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7369347

All Violet_Crumble comments:
I asked for links to an obituary or funeral details and was told there were none...

I've never heard of someone dying and not having a funeral, so I'm starting to think there's something a bit strange going on...I've never known of someone not to have a funeral. Something just feels strange about it, and if anyone can find anything that confirms that she is dead, I think they should get in touch with Skinner, so the confusion is cleared up...

So what happens to the bodies, then?  In the US, people just leave them where they dropped?  I'm not stirring, btw. I noticed that this is the only case of a DUer (tombstoned in this case) dying where there hasn't been links to obits or a family member contacting Skinner with information and details.

And it has to be done officially. Surely they don't just dig a hole and throw dead people in...  I'm pretty sure things aren't that different in the US than here.

If you have something intelligent to add to the discussion, please feel free, but if all you can do is shriek insults, yr better off stepping back now...

I don't rely on abusive trolls to define what's sensible...I asked what was a very reasonable and simple question. While you and the other strange little person have been flapping around screeching abuse, one or two other people attempted to answer what I asked in a very civil and polite manner. Maye you should take some lessons from them and acquaint yrself with the DU rules about civility...

Huh?  Someone farted in the middle of thread and then deposited a comma?  Huh?  Violet_Crumble writes for a living? 
Shouldn't you try to make sure you construct sentences properly first?  That post title was like someone farted right in the middle of it and deposited a comma and a not that shouldn't be there. Don't mind me noticing that as my real life job actually involves being able to write and spell at a level where the bar's set much higher than on some internet discussion forum...

I told you I was blocking yr PMs, which I did. I didn't say anything about anything else. In fact, if you can recall further than a few minutes ago, I told you I was going down to the bottom of my PM and hitting that block correspondense from bit.

While it's now a moot point, what I find a bit cute was that you posted those two abusive sprays at me in this thread while you thought I had you on ignore, and now you realise yr not on ignore, yr bailing. It reminds me of my tiny little dog who barks and acts like she wants to kill anyone who comes to my front door, and then if I let them in she gets so scared she pisses herself and runs off whimpering to hide...

Even more hilarity ensues downthread. 

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: primitives get violently crumbling about Tangerine LaBamba
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 08:50:48 AM »
And now appears the violently crumbling primitive:

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 09:41 PM
Response to Reply #3

5. I asked for links to an obituary or funeral details and was told there were none...

I've never heard of someone dying and not having a funeral, so I'm starting to think there's something a bit strange going on...

Gidney N Cloyd  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 09:44 PM
Response to Reply #5

7. I'd love a link, too.

villager  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 09:55 PM
Response to Reply #7

8. This may be as close as we'll get - a "Last Words" posting on her "real" blog:  

http://www.annetteappollo.com/2009/12/15/last-words/  

Gidney N Cloyd  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 10:01 PM
Response to Reply #8

10. I saw that earlier but since we now know her name it's odd there's no link to a more conventional...obit.

villager  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 10:06 PM
Response to Reply #10

11. ....and not anything in the news, for example...  

Well, it does seem a bit anomalous. Perhaps, like the line out of "A Serious Man," we have to "accept the mystery?"

niyad  (1000+ posts)       Thu Dec-31-09 10:32 PM
Response to Reply #11

18. there were several posters in the long thread who knew her in the physical, and this is no joke, no anomoly, it is real.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 10:36 PM
Response to Reply #18

21. I didn't spot any that knew her in RL, there were some email and phone buddies though

A specter from the past, one of the prominent Andyites during the Scamdal:

bettyellen (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:52 AM
Response to Reply #18

111. i think the closest one was someone who was on the phone w frinds after, still had no details to share or know very much about how and where she lived her life. im sorry that's not knowing someone in real life, getting a content free phonecall from a mutual friend... saying what "she died, see ya?" not buying it.

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 10:14 PM
Response to Reply #10

12. It has been posted here that she wanted neither an obituary or a funeral.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 10:22 PM
Response to Reply #12

16. I know that's what was said to me, but it doesn't make sense...

I've never known of someone not to have a funeral. Something just feels strange about it, and if anyone can find anything that confirms that she is dead, I think they should get in touch with Skinner, so the confusion is cleared up...

niyad  (1000+ posts)       Thu Dec-31-09 10:30 PM
Response to Reply #16

17. I have known a number of people who wanted NO funeral, no remembrance, no obit.

just because you have not known such people does not make it suspicious, no matter what you say.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 10:34 PM
Response to Reply #17

20. You can't bury or cremate someone without a funeral, so it's not possible...

There's other DUers getting sceptical about this one, and it's not just the fact there's no funeral and no trace of any confirmation of her death anywhere. It's because she was tombstoned from here only recently and there were gravedancing threads even more recently. The timing is a bit odd. So as I said, if someone at DU has any confirmation at all that she's dead, I think they should contact Skinner so any confusion is cleared up.

marybourg  (641 posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 10:57 PM
Response to Reply #20

24. "You can't bury or cremate someone without a funeral," ?

Surely you didn't really mean to say that.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:00 PM
Response to Reply #24

29. Yeah, that's what I meant to say. Why?

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:01 AM
#18 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Response to Reply #29

123. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:09 AM
Response to Reply #123

128. Deleted message

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 04:34 AM
Response to Reply #123

180. Deleted message

Not the TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009, because it's obviously denigrating of the Tangerine skeptics.

niyad  (1000+ posts)       Thu Dec-31-09 11:00 PM
Response to Reply #20

30. that is complete BS and you know it. there is no law requiring funerals anywhere, and if you think. there is, please post a link to the relevant laws.

stirring bs is a very unattractive trait, vc.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:09:44 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

Re: DUmmie Violet_Crumble Wants Proof of TLB's Death
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 08:54:29 AM »
Scamdy and the site that shall not be named comes up even further downthread.  Apparently Tangerine LaBamba became friends with Andy's tormentors.............

:cheersmate:

woo me with science  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
132. You are sounding exactly like the ghouls at Scamdy.com. nt

bettyellen (1000+ posts)
Response to Reply #132
142. Funny! TLB acually is "friends" with Andy;s tormentors on another site- so crappy analogy you can't compare the two people. Andy never screwed with people heads, hospital pics were posted and many longtime DUers testified they were with him for doc appointments, surgery etc. the only people claiming to know TLB to any extent are new posters with no profiles and little history here. Plus TLB was a stalker troll who flirts with that piece of shit from Scamdy. Ewwwwww.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 09:03:29 AM »
Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:04 PM
Response to Reply #30

33. So what happens to the bodies, then?

In the US, people just leave them where they dropped?

I'm not stirring, btw. I noticed that this is the only case of a DUer (tombstoned in this case) dying where there hasn't been links to obits or a family member contacting Skinner with information and details.

marybourg  (641 posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:10 PM
Response to Reply #33

42. "What happens to the bodies"? They get buried or cremated. A funeral is a ritual or a service. No one is required to have one. Many people don't.

Right.

The guy who was guidance counselor, an old guy, when franksolich was in high school, a fine outstanding Christian gentleman, an exemplar of rectitude, died a couple of years ago, and had no funeral, no services.

People thought that odd, but didn't know the back-story.

This guy had been an 18-year-old soldier in spring 1945, and one of the first to stumble upon Dachau.  No one knew it was there, or what it was.

After seeing that so many had perished with no commemoration of their lives and deaths, his Christian humility compelled him to wish no such thing for himself either.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:14 PM
Response to Reply #42

46. And it has to be done officially. Surely they don't just dig a hole and throw dead people in...

I'm pretty sure things aren't that different in the US than here.

Hmmm.  The violently crumbling primitive must be a Brit, or Canadian, but more likely a Brit.

marybourg  (641 posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:58 PM
Response to Reply #46

68. Where is "here" where funerals are paperwork?

Name removed (0 posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:59 PM
Response to Reply #46

71. Deleted message

Hmmm, a mystery, what was said, because the violently crumbling primitive responds:

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:02 AM
Response to Reply #71

72. Any chance of you saying something that has anything to do with what yr replying to?

If you have something intelligent to add to the discussion, please feel free, but if all you can do is shriek insults, yr better off stepping back now...

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:12 AM
Response to Reply #72

76. I just did. But I can add stupid and pointless if it helps you out.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:14 AM
Response to Reply #76

78. No, yr acting very abusive and nasty. Nothing intelligent about that

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:19 AM
Response to Reply #78

83. And nothing sensible about what you've posted on this thread. Go home, get a drink, and toast the new year. Get a life.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:23 AM
Response to Reply #83

87. I don't rely on abusive trolls to define what's sensible...

I asked what was a very reasonable and simple question. While you and the other strange little person have been flapping around screeching abuse, one or two other people attempted to answer what I asked in a very civil and polite manner. Maye you should take some lessons from them and acquaint yrself with the DU rules about civility...

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:30 AM
Response to Reply #87

88. Deleted message

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:32 AM
Response to Reply #88

90. You really do have major issues with civility, don't you?

Can you stop foaming at the mouth long enough to go back and read what I said? I've got no idea why yr doing all that knuckledragger stuff when the question I asked that you seem to have taken so much offense to was already answered by another DUer who much like me didn't seem too fond of screaming abuse at other DUers...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:10:07 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 09:08:48 AM »
MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:35 AM
Response to Reply #90

93. Like I said, you have a case of bad taste madam. Mend your skirts and get out.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:42 AM
Response to Reply #93

101. Y'know, yr starting to add sexism to yr repertoire of troll talents...

Mend my skirts? Would you like me to darn yr socks as well?

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:32 AM
Response to Reply #87

89. 'strange little person' WHAT?

violet started drinking early- she thinks she's sherlock****inholmes.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:35 AM
Response to Reply #89

92. Well, you have to admit you are a bit strange...

I'm still not sure why you and the abuse troll have gone into overdrive screaming insults about a reasonable question I asked which was answered with a minimum of fuss by another DUer long ago. I'm just sitting here for the ride to show the abuse troll it can't tell people where they can and can't post...

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:46 AM
Response to Reply #92

104. okay, violet

please allow me to be totally clear here.

annette is gone, and it does not matter whether you have some strange obsession with her death. it is none of your business, as well as not being anyone else's business here.

those of us who knew her are grieving and your constant questions about no funeral, no obit, possibly a hoax, get skinner involved, etc., are taking away the importance of a good life, one to be celebrated.

your 'ignorance' about funerals and death notices are just that, ignorance.

i would suggest you let this drop- you're just showing your ignorance - or whatever it might be- to more and more of us here, plus pulling out the 'troll card', which is ridiculous.

i only wish i had the gift that annette had - and i would be able to shred you to pieces with as few choice words as possible.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:56 AM
Response to Reply #104

116. Okay, la, you still haven't bothered reading what I said...

Asking a very reasonable question about details is NOT obsession at all. You may like to check but I've only asked anything at all twice, not exactly constant. Yr quite free to do whatever you want, but the way you try to scream down a question that was already answered is really bizarre behaviour. You've made a lot of rather dishonest accusations in this thread about me, and while it would be nice to see an apology, I doubt you've got the style to do something like that...

It's yr controlling behaviour that's convinced me that there's no way anyone with questions about anything shouldn't ask them.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 01:12 AM
Response to Reply #116

134. i was annette's friend-

how do you expect me to act?

do i have to put this in caps to be completely clear?

IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

you apparently were not a friend here, on the phone or in RL, as you mentioned. as such, why do you care? that is what is so obsessive about what you're doing.

if the question was answered for you, then why do you need to continue to bark back at me when i ask you to stop with the obsessive behavior on your part, and the constant dragging out of the question.

you have taken this from an honest, caring OP to a nasty, drawn out, foolish quest on your part.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:21 AM
Response to Reply #134

138. That's nice...

I do expect you to act like someone who actually reads before flying into rages just because I asked a question you have major objections to being asked. And you haven't learnt yet that screaming at me that it's not my business is quite stupid. It's none of yr business what thread I post in and what I ask.

Yr really keen on the obsession bit, and yr intent on not noticing that I asked a question which was answered very civilly long ago, and now I'm just here because you and one or two others are being really nasty and rude and you seem to think that screaming at people to go away will do something. No-one's holding you down and forcing you to act so immature and nasty, so I suggest you have a think about yr very controlling behaviour and the abusive way yr behaving...

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 01:42 AM
Response to Reply #138

151. i am NOT being rude and nasty to you

i am asking you why this is your business? is that a difficult question to answer? you didn't know annette, you've already stated that--why continue to drag this out if you don't care about her?

most others are not being nasty or rude to you, either---they are dumbfounded that you continue what you are doing, and chastise you for it. that is not being rude or nasty- that is attempting to straighten your thinking...and reminding you that you've had the question answered and are just here 'because one or two others are being really nasty and rude and you seem to think that screaming at people to go away will do something'

and, i suggest that you stop using yr as your- this is not texting.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:45 AM
Response to Reply #151

155. Yr posts are there to show you have been very rude and nasty...

I don't think yr paying attention here. I asked a question which got answered long ago. Then you and that other abusive one turned up and had massive head explosions and I've been hanging round ever since being entertained by the yelling and screaming and to remind you that you don't get to tell other DUers to leave threads, as it's none of yr ****ing business. Same as it's none of yr ****ing business how I spell 'yr'. Hope that's clear enough for you....

Mira  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 03:04 AM
Response to Reply #155

171. Just when are you going to learn to spell? It beats stalking dead people and their mourners. Hang it up Violet.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:10:28 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Specbid

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »
I've heard she lived in No.Va. or Maryland. If she lived in Maryland, as soon as the autopsy is complete, the family can cremate the body. I've heard of it happening the day after a body was found. Obit didn't come out for a week. No viewing, no service. Body gone, ashes spread.  No conspiracy here.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 09:16:51 AM »
Pretty much, spec.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 09:17:09 AM »
Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 03:11 AM
Response to Reply #171

172. I spell just fine, and unlike you I don't stalk anyone...

You and honesty really are strangers to each other. And you should take the hint you were given earlier and leave me alone...

Mira  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 03:30 AM
Response to Reply #172

176. You neither spell fine, not use grammar properly. You can't construct a sentence well or think through a simple problem or idea.

Along with not being able to put me on ignore, which you told me you did yesterday.

I did not trust it, and this was only a test.

I won't write to you again.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 03:39 AM
Response to Reply #176

177. Shouldn't you try to make sure you construct sentences properly first?

That post title was like someone farted right in the middle of it and deposited a comma and a not that shouldn't be there. Don't mind me noticing that as my real life job actually involves being able to write and spell at a level where the bar's set much higher than on some internet discussion forum...

I told you I was blocking yr PMs, which I did. I didn't say anything about anything else. In fact, if you can recall further than a few minutes ago, I told you I was going down to the bottom of my PM and hitting that block correspondense from bit.

While it's now a moot point, what I find a bit cute was that you posted those two abusive sprays at me in this thread while you thought I had you on ignore, and now you realise yr not on ignore, yr bailing. It reminds me of my tiny little dog who barks and acts like she wants to kill anyone who comes to my front door, and then if I let them in she gets so scared she pisses herself and runs off whimpering to hide..

The nemesis of the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive:

Hannah Bell (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 04:47 AM
Response to Reply #151

182. she's doing it to get a rise out of people. stop feeding her.

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:47 AM
Response to Reply #89

105. No shit. Must be a fuming brew. LOL. Tomorrow's apology post on the Greatest Page.

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:48 AM
Response to Reply #89

106. Self delete

Hmmm.  One wonders what was said there, originally.

Lugnut  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 02:44 AM
Response to Reply #46

168. It's possible to have a private interment.

One can also choose to not have an obituary published here.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Thu Dec-31-09 11:51 PM
Response to Reply #33

63. you're stirring---you did that in the other threads, as well.

i'm sure tangerine/annette would have had something witty and cutting to say to you

prepare for a lightning strike.......

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:59 PM
Response to Reply #63

70. No, you just don't like anyone asking any questions...

I didn't realise it was stiring to ask a simple question about funeral details or an obit, because it's not and that's what I did in the other thread. The person who replied to me was very nice and didn't think it was stirring to ask.....

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 01:14 AM
Response to Reply #70

135. if they answered you nicely, then why was it necessary to bring it up again?

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:21 AM
Response to Reply #135

140. I didn't after it was answered

Huh?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 09:26:04 AM »
Gemini Cat  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:37 AM
Original message

Yes, we leave bodies right where they drop. 

Me personally however, I've ask to be placed in some inconvenient spot for maximum annoyance.

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 07:23 AM
Response to Reply #33

186. Some people leave instructions for their bodies to be used as cadavers or for scientific research. There are several options.

FLDCVADem (789 posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:03 PM
Response to Reply #20

32. You're kidding, right?

You don't need a funeral to bury someone.

WTF is wrong with people that the can't believe a woman is dead simply because she choose to do what they would want done if they died?

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:06 PM
Response to Reply #32

36. No, not kidding. There's got to be some sort of official paperwork involved...

Yr last sentence doesn't make sense. Could you rephrase it?

FLDCVADem (789 posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:10 PM
Response to Reply #36

41. Official paperwork and a funeral are two different things

As for last sentence, I'll try again, and make it simpler...

WTF is wrong with people (you) that they (you) can't believe a woman is dead simply because she didn't choose to do what they (you)would want done if they (you) died? Namely, she didn't want a funeral, so you don't believe she's really dead?

I guess I should have made it even simpler...WTF is wrong with you?

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:18 PM
Response to Reply #41

47. I know WTF is wrong with you. You don't bother reading before blowing a gasket...

All that aggro because I said that I've seen scepticism in threads and given there's no obit or anything at all anywhere, would it be possible for someone who finds something to get in touch with Skinner about it. I'm pretty sure yr not a mindreader and have no clue about what I want done if I die...

I'm really not sure why yr so opposed to the same level of confirmation happening in the case of this death as in any other that's happened to DUers. What skin off yr nose is it to have it confirmed one way or the other?

la la  (1000+ posts)     Thu Dec-31-09 11:52 PM
Response to Reply #47

64. arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh

libertypirate (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 04:53 AM
Response to Reply #20

183. Yeah you can.

My mother was cremated and we had no funeral for her. It is up to the individual, no one else. I still have her ashes.

barbtries  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 08:53 AM
Response to Reply #20

189. of course you can

people are buried and cremated every day without a funeral. you seem to be quite young. my own mother made her own arrangements before she died. we threw a party. it was not legally mandated, we wanted to honor her memory.

hobbit709  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:12 PM
Response to Reply #17

45. Same here.

some people don't want any of that.

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 10:39 PM
Response to Reply #16

22. There will be a death certificate. If this persists I will order a copy. I have her address, I just never had a name to go with it. I addressed all her stuff to "occupant."

I am waiting for someone to report a sighting. If this "Tangerine lives" thing develops into a religion, I want in, there's big money in religion and I have relics-lots of them, that any handwriting expert will authenticate.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 10:43 PM
Response to Reply #22

23. I think you should go ahead and order a copy of it and post it...

That would settle things one way or the other. I don't know why you got so snarky about me saying there are some suspicions that this is a hoax given her recent tombstoning. I really hope that this isn't a hoax as it'd be a very cruel one...

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 10:58 PM
Response to Reply #23

26. Being tombstoned never killed her before. Trust me, she was not the kind of person who would fake her death, an orgasm maybe-I doubt it, but maybe, but not death.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:00 PM
Response to Reply #26

28. Didn't say it did kill her, did I?

Anyway, are you going to order a copy of the death certificate to clear things up once and for all?

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:10 PM
Response to Reply #28

43. I should have put quotes around "killed." A death certificate probably would cost around 15 or 20 bucks. A list of Fairfax County deaths may be posted online by the office that handles them, who does that varies from place to place. Here it is Vital Statistics in Wisconsin it is the Register of Deeds.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:19 PM
Response to Reply #43

48. And I should have put them round 'tombstoned'

Thanks for the info, btw

la la  (1000+ posts)     Thu Dec-31-09 11:54 PM
Response to Reply #26

66. rzemanfl, that was good---annette would have been proud!

FLDCVADem (789 posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:05 PM
Response to Reply #23

35. Good Lord, are you a birther too???

You need to see a copy of a death certificate to be certain she's dead?

JI7  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:08 PM
Response to Reply #35

38. people did it with OMC's wife and proof was provided that she did die

that it was his wife and she did die.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 09:33:37 AM »
Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:09 PM
Response to Reply #35

39. I think you need to settle down and read this thread properly...

I suggested that given there's been some scepticism that I've read in some threads and none of the usual confirmation that happens when other DUers have died, that if someone had some confirmation they should send it to Skinner. Not sure why that's a problem for any of you, as I would have thought it'd be in yr best interests to dispel any confusion.

FLDCVADem (789 posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:11 PM
Response to Reply #39

44. I've read the thread

And I think there is something wrong with you if you can't believe someone is dead without seeing a death certificate.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:21 PM
Response to Reply #44

49. Then you have an inability to comprehend what you read...

Yr proving still that you haven't read or understood what I said, because that's not what I said at all.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:03 AM
Response to Reply #39

73. i've read the thread, as well and i think you're pushing this because you think annette will return here to respond to you---because she couldn't help herself.

she's in a better place right now and she's laughing at you--and thinking that you are a total ass. ( with a few other choice annette-words added!)

this doesn't seem to be anything that skinner would even care to be involved in--what the hell business is it of his? what the hell business is it of yours? has anyone asked you for donations? no? well, then---that should do it for you.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:09 AM
Original message

And you apparently suffer from the same inability to comprehend basic English... 

You haven't been paying attention to a word I posted if that's what you think. I'm not sure why you think I'd give a shit what some tombstoned DUer might or might not think, coz I don't...

I'm pretty sure Skinner may be interested if there's a suspicion that this thing is a hoax as I'm sure he wouldn't want DU used for that...

btw, I've got just as much right as you to post here, so it's time for you to give it a rest and let it go...

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:24 PM
Response to Reply #35

52. Well, I want to hear the Coroner of Munchkinland sing it. If there is an afterlife, Leftie is wetting her pants laughing about this

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:13 AM
Response to Reply #35

77. nope-violet is apparently a 'deather'

good gawd a mitey!

..........as annette would say---'it's none of her doDamned business'

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:17 AM
Response to Reply #77

80. No, I'm someone who asked a simple question that prompted abuse from you...

Yr too busy buzzing around screeching that you didn't notice that someone made a geniune attempt to answer the question I asked and they did it without abuse or acting like a complete twit like you are...

I dunno why, but I'm starting to "picture" the violently crumbling primitive as someone with bad teeth.

Anyway.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:35 AM
Response to Reply #80

91. twit? no--that's not what annette would have said! heh heh

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:37 AM
Response to Reply #91

95. Uh, yes, that's what I said...

Oh, well slap me across the ears for not calling you what some ex-DUer would have called you!

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:50 AM
Response to Reply #95

109. dense, dense, dense-

change a vowel, violet.....

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:10 AM
Response to Reply #109

130. If there were three words to describe you, I'd have gone with something else...

..but if you insist, who am I to argue....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 09:40:54 AM »
hobbit709  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:10 PM
Response to Reply #16

40. I've known several people who died with no funeral afterwards.

That was their wish. No obituary, no funeral.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:22 PM
Response to Reply #40

50. So what happens to the bodies?

hobbit709  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:29 PM
Response to Reply #50

55. In Donna's case, I made arrangements to have her cremated

I then took her ashes and scattered them at her mother's grave.

she wanted no obituary, no funeral.

A funeral is a formal service. you can have the body cremated or buried without one.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:35 PM
Response to Reply #55

58. Thanks for that explanation. 

That makes sense. I was getting the impression from some other replies to me that there's nothing official and no record at all of a burial or cremation...

la la  (1000+ posts)     Thu Dec-31-09 11:48 PM
Response to Reply #16

61. let it go, violet, let it go

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:52 PM
Response to Reply #61

65. Yes, let's not ask any questions

dgibby  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:59 AM
Response to Reply #65

119. Why do you even care?

I read what you posted in another thread, and was appalled by your insensitivity and vitriol. You obviously did not like TLB and have no empathy for those of us who did and are saddened by her death.

If you are so concerned, then I suggest you contact the coroner's office in Alexandria, Va.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:12 AM
Response to Reply #119

133. I didn't care one way or the other for TLB...

And I'm not sure why yr trying to make out anything I said was so terrible. I've got copies of what i actually said if you want to continue lying...

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 01:17 AM
Response to Reply #133

137. if someone didn't care for 'TLB'- then---why would someone continue with their obsessing?

dgibby  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:30 AM
Response to Reply #133

145. Good for you!

Please, I'm begging you,repost them here and we'll see who's doing the lying. I'd do it myself, but IIRC, they were deleted for obvious reasons.

You stay classy, now, bless your heart.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:36 AM
Response to Reply #145

148. I'll PM them to you and wait for yr apology...

I'm not in the habit of reposting already deleted sub-threads as that makes more work for the mods.

On edit: Let me know if you have any problems with yr PMs as I had some major PM meltdown for about an hour where my inbox light was flashing but nothing was there. So if you don't get the PM let me know, okay?

Hmmm.  Maybe my fellow alum Skins is messing with the primitives' personal messages.

dgibby  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:43 AM
Response to Reply #148

153. Don't hold your breath.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:46 AM
Response to Reply #153

156. For what? An apology?

That's kind of sad that you won't apologise for making a false accusation the way you did, but I guess I shouldn't have expected any different...
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »
Gemini Cat  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:39 AM
Response to Reply #16

98. Lots of people don't have funerals.

buzzard (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:05 AM
Response to Reply #16

126. MY dear departed mother in law wanted no funeral or obituary and she seemed to have the same kind of spirit as did TLB or OLL, she was quite a presence but very unconventional. I do not find it hard to believe.

NJCher  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:02 PM
Response to Reply #5

31. I have a story for you--sorry it's long

Over a decade ago, I was on a forum made up of armchair sleuths. We focused on murder crimes and tried to solve them using Internet resources. Even back then, it was astonishing what information could be turned up on the internet. We made significant inroads on some prominent cases and many, many times our findings were pilfered by the news media, who made stories out of them. Two that come to mind were the Washington Post and the TV program "Inside Edition."

I was on this forum for over six years. During that time many of us got to be very good friends. We met for brunch about every 3 months. The brunch spot rotated but wherever it was, people would often drive across several states to make it to the brunch. I'm still in touch with a number of people from this forum.

Anyway, long story short, there was one person who had been on the forum for quite a long time. He was a prolific poster. I wasn't close to this person but many others were. The person, whose name was Jason, died suddenly. The entire forum was in shock. If I remember correctly, the cause of death was left somewhat obscure but because he wasn't shy about admitting his drinking, some surmised it was cirrhosis.

Like I said, it wasn't as if Jason had cancer, uncontrolled diabetes, or some other disease and we were expecting it. No, it was very much out of the blue, although it was announced by another very credible forum member. People were heartbroken. There were lots of threads. Some people even put together "best of" threads, where they compiled dozens of posts by Jason.

Being sleuths, however, a number of people were not satisfied when there was no obituary. They researched this situation very thoroughly and there was no record of Jason's death. The explanation was that he wanted his privacy respected and he didn't want family details listed on a public forum.

Then a few weeks later, a person with his posting style turned up on another sleuth forum. In no time at all, Jason was back, confessing his "joke" death. What was worst of all is that he admitted he did it because he wanted to see what people really thought of him. He thought his "death" would elicit such comments (incorrect assumption, IMO). He went on and on in great detail about all the posts that had been made about it. It was evident he really had had a lot of fun with this experience.

I wasn't even close to this guy and I never got over this. It formed a cynicism in my head about internet relationships that will never change.

The forum was enraged when they learned what he had done. I know for a fact that there are people who, as a result, do not trust anything about an internet relationship.

We later learned that such "deaths" are not all that uncommon on internet forums.

I'm not inferring anything about OLL/TAL, so please don't jump on my case for relating this story.

In my case, based on my past experience, I won't believe anything until I see an obituary and I don't care what the story is for not having one.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 09:51:29 AM »
BuelahWitch  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:07 PM
Response to Reply #31

37. She posted on another forum as late as December 17

I had seen her post there before and was curious after I'd heard she died.

Hmmm.  One wonders what that "another forum" was.

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:10 AM
Response to Reply #37

131. Deleted message

Oh, it must've been us.

Lex  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:21 AM
Response to Reply #131

139. "Methinks folks of all political stripes are being had."

Oh, most definitely.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:29 PM
Response to Reply #31

56. Thanks for posting that. I had a similar experience with someone from DU on another forum...

I'm not going to go into too much detail as I think they're still an active member here, but they told me they only had weeks to live because of a terminal illness. At first I defended them against people who were asking questions about discrepancies in what they were saying, but they were right and I was wrong as that supposedly terminal person who only had weeks to live a few years ago was posting at DU only a few months ago...

KittyWampus  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:45 AM
Response to Reply #31

102. it's called Munchausen Syndrome. Witnessed it myself.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Thu Dec-31-09 11:47 PM
Response to Reply #5

59. no funeral, no obituary---would you expect anything else of 'our' tangerine/annette?

i've 'known' her for 7 plus years and miss her greatly, and i'm somewhat insulted by 'hoax' remarks. if you don't believe it---then just let it go..

she was very important to some of us, and i hope she realized that.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:56 PM
Response to Reply #59

67. I didn't say I didn't believe it. ...

I think it's quite reasonable for people to be a bit concerned when there's absolutely no trace of someone's death to be found.

Lars39  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:41 AM
Response to Reply #67

150. Obituraries cost money....someone has to pay to have them put in the newspaper.

Obituaries aren't mandatory, either.

Mira  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 02:52 AM
Response to Reply #5

169. This is not all that you have not heard of, Violet-Crumble. Just because you are stumped does not mean it is not so.

My X husband, for instance, died about 10 days ago. There is no funeral, now how do you explain that?

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 02:57 AM
Response to Reply #169

170. Someone's already explained it to me elsewhere in the thread...

Now tell me, what else I haven't heard of. I'm all ears

Mira  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 03:16 AM
Response to Reply #170

173. Such as Thoughtfulness, Courtesy, Listening, Reading carefully, and above all putting two and two together with clarity of mind instead of rampant idiotic ways to make yourself a nuisance.

Annette is dead. I wish it were not so, but it is. There is enough evidence in the long thread to prove it should you want to do some careful reading instead of constantly carelessly jumping in and repeating yourself to the infinite boredom of all who have to suffer it.

Let this dead person rest in peace, and crawl away.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 03:24 AM
Response to Reply #173

175. Yr living proof that none of those things exist in you....

There is no evidence in that longarse thread apart from people saying it's so. Why is it that someone I saw who is a good friend of theirs in RL can acknowledge they understand why people would be sceptical, but for you even asking for some confirmation is something to be met with torrents of abuse. You need to drop the abusive attitude and try to learn how to behave like a decent human being if you want to be taken seriously at all...

I don't think me asking what was a reasonable question that had already been answered by a few people who aren't abusive and hatefilled stalkbots is not allowing someone to rest in peace. So knock off the drama queen stuff coz yr not all that good at it...

sprouse27 (26 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 08:46 AM
Response to Reply #169

188. Annette would have loved this tag line

"If long after you're gone your friends still mourn and your enemies still fear, then you've lived your life right". You KNOW she'd have put that on her website.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 09:56:44 AM »
Ms. Ed the unappellated eohippus:

Horse with no Name (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 07:13 AM
#12 TOP PRIMITIVE OF 2009
Response to Reply #5

184. Funerals are optional. They are simply an opportunity for the living to say goodbye

They are not mandatory under any circumstances--any more than a wedding or a Bar Mitzvah.

Obits in some areas are paid services.

Some people opt NOT to pay for one.

I surely don't see the mysteries here.

I hate to be the one to break this to you--but YOU are not owed an explanation or proof by Skinner or by anyone else. Why do you care?

As has been stated previously--she was TS'd here. She isn't a member and even the admins are NOT owed explanations or proof by her family, friends or anyone else since she was not a member here any longer.

malaise  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 07:21 AM
Response to Reply #5

185. Really?

I had two aunts die who left instructions for no funeral and a good friend's mother left the same instructions. More and more people are opting out of funerals.

niyad  (1000+ posts)       Thu Dec-31-09 10:58 PM
Response to Reply #3

25. see the link I posted above

hlthe2b  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 09:41 PM

4. It was a shock for most here... Do we know if she'd been ill?

I hope she had a peaceful passing.

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 10:17 PM
Response to Reply #4

14. She told me she had an autoimmune disorder. She also spent close to a year recovering from a broken hip starting in early 2007.

hlthe2b  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:28 PM
Response to Reply #14

54. what a shame... I'm sure she must have left friends wondering too

But, I'm a big believer in honoring the wishes of those who have left us. Funerals, though, are for the living.

Mira  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 03:17 AM
Response to Reply #4

174. Yes, she was very ill.

Cass  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 09:42 PM

6. She was my favorite poster and I will miss her.

She was funny as hell, sharp as a tack and a hell of a writer.

You're right, it won't be the same around here without her.

Rick Myers  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 10:21 PM

15. Godspeed to her, and all the DUers we've lost along the way...

All good karma...
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 10:07:46 AM »
orion007 (57 posts)     Thu Dec-31-09 10:59 PM
Response to Reply #15

27. "You can't bury or cremate someone without a funeral"??????

So untrue, how did you come to this conclusion?

All that's required for cremation is a signed death certificate by a doctor, and then your off to the crematory...end of story.

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:04 PM
Response to Reply #27

34. In some jurisdictions if you die "unattended" and are not signed up with hospice an autopsy or inquest is required. We don't know where Annette died.

I cannot believe I am having to argue with people that someone I cared about is not faking their own death.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:33 PM
Response to Reply #34

57. I'm not sure why you think yr arguing anything...

I commented on the complete lack of any detail or anything that would confirm her death because there's always been some sort of confirmation when DUers die. I asked if anyone had anything if they could pass it onto Skinner so he could confirm it, and I'm not sure what problem you've got with that.

You know, come to think of it, I don't believe the death of the late red round one was ever actually confirmed on Skins's island.

Of course, the late red round one did in fact die, but it was confirmed on Scamdy, not on Skins's island.

rzemanfl  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:48 PM
Response to Reply #57

60. I am tired, I am sad and it is New Year's Eve. I checked and someone in Virginia would have to get the Certificate. I'm in Florida.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:50 PM
Response to Reply #60

62. I'm sorry yr tired and sad...

Didn't mean to add to that. Thanks for checking into it, and I hope the new year is a good one for you...

The long-ago acolyte of the late red round one, again:

bettyellen (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:42 AM
Response to Reply #60

152. that's not true at all- they can be ordered from out of state.

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:09 AM
Response to Reply #57

74. Deleted message

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:11 AM
Response to Reply #74

75. Yeah, clearly people who don't march in lockstep with you and talk to dead people are problems...

I'm not sure what effect something that reminds of a neutered mosquito telling me they think I'm a fool is supposed to have, but seeing yr going I'll give you a fake *ouch* to puff up yr pride a bit...

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:18 AM
Response to Reply #75

81. what?

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:21 AM
Response to Reply #81

84. I said: 

Yeah, clearly people who don't march in lockstep with you and talk to dead people are problems... I'm not sure what effect something that reminds of a neutered mosquito telling me they think I'm a fool is supposed to have, but seeing yr going I'll give you a fake *ouch* to puff up yr pride a bit...

Hope that helped

WorseBeforeBetter  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:22 AM
Response to Reply #74

141. "you're obviously a fool and apparently f'd up enough as it is......"

Yes, that sounds like T LaB. Even down to the use of "............"

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:15 AM
Response to Reply #57

79. So we're the ****ing Secretary of State for Christ's sake?

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:18 AM
Response to Reply #79

82. Deleted sub-thread

Sub-thread removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

sprouse27 (26 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 08:29 AM
Response to Reply #34

187. Annette would love it. 

rzemanfl, I think you just have to let the folks who want to believe she's pulling some really elaborate hoax believe what they want. It seems to be the folks she most upset on this thing who are so caught up in that, and Annette would love that even from the grave, she's still got them upset and wondering if she'll snag them with some new quip. So be it. My only reason of getting on this thing was to meet some of the people who knew her, and maybe help provide some closure to other people who were upset about her death.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-31-09 11:24 PM
Response to Reply #27

53. Psst. Are you replying to the wrong person?

Gosh, what you said sounds like the way my pet dog was disposed of after it died, except the doggy doctor didn't need to sign any certificate...

oh, welcome to DU btw

Name removed (0 posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 04:45 AM
Response to Reply #15

181. Deleted message

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-31-09 11:58 PM

69. tularetomm, sorry for your loss, Sorrier still for a sting of posts that could have been written by Rush Limbaugh. If or since she's dead TLB can't be offended. If she were living, she'd drink a toast to the New Year.

So here's to the New Year. May we all rest in peace sometime during this decade.

tularetom  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:21 AM
Response to Reply #69

85. Thanks, sometimes I can't believe the shit that goes on around here

Believe me, nobody would be happier than me to wake up tomorrow morning and see a post from T La B here. And you know what? I would not give a crap if she had been faking her death, I'd be so happy to see her back here and raising the overall IQ of this place by several points. I didn't always agree with her but I always knew her opinions would be well thought out and intelligently expressed.

But it ain't gonna happen. This smart and spirited lady has left us and we're all the worse for her leaving.

So I don't care about the negativity of a few assholes. I mourn her loss and consider myself fortunate to have known her.

Happy New Year to you too, MichiganVote.

I'm going out now and check on my horses and look at the stars.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 10:10:47 AM »
My mom has made it very clear she wants nothing official or formal.
Obituaries are written by the family and printed in a paper or papers of choice.
That is at least how it was here when father died in 1995.
If we had chosen to not have a service or obituary there would not have been one.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 10:19:17 AM »
If any of y'all die, be sure to list all your internet alias so we'll have proof you're gone......just dying isn't good enough anymore.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 10:23:22 AM »
MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:38 AM
Response to Reply #85

96. Me too honey. Me too. I liked her also. And stars are our heroes you know.

Sal Minella  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:09 AM
Response to Reply #85

129. "Raising the IQ of this place by several points" indeed. Yes, indeed.

She was logical in thought and her imagination rivaled Terry Gilliam's, and her writing was brilliant.

And some people around here just feel the need to tear down someone who makes them feel dim and small, because they're ticked off that they are dim and small. 

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:16 AM
Response to Reply #129

136. Um, how is asking for some confirmation of her death tearing someone down?

My apologies if that's not what yr referring to, but if you are, what you said makes no sense as I didn't have any exchanges with the ex-DUer in her many incarnations here...

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:22 AM
Response to Reply #69

86. and she would drink a toast to all her friends here--

here's to annette/tangerine/oldlefty etc.

let's meet back here again next year and lift a toast to annette and all our friends who have passed.

kwassa  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:37 AM

94. I'm betting this is a hoax.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:38 AM
Response to Reply #94

97. what--the thread--or violet?

'cause we've already gone over the rest in this thread and others.

Violet_Crumble  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:41 AM
Response to Reply #97

100. And you still haven't explained why yr so hostile and abusive about anyone asking a question...

What I asked was reasonable, and you still haven't explained what prompted yr flurry of outright abuse about it.

BuelahWitch  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:57 AM
Response to Reply #97

117. At least Violet is a long time DUer with a profile

Where's yours?

Oh.  franksolich has a "profile" everywhere he posts, but that doesn't mean excresence.

franksolich can post a "profile" alleging to be Clare Boothe Luce, and who could disprove it?

Whooop-de-do.  The violently crumbling primitive has a profile.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 01:01 AM
Response to Reply #117

125. beulah, beulah--because of people like you......

One rcalls the beulah primitive didn't like the late individual being discussed here.

The acolyte of the late red round one, again:

bettyellen (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:30 AM
Response to Reply #117

144. half of the little wake going on here has no profile.

Lex  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:35 AM
Response to Reply #144

147. Hmmm, interesting, isn't it?

Something is definitely rotten in Denmark.

WorseBeforeBetter  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:43 AM
Response to Reply #144

154. And 12 posts.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 01:47 AM
Response to Reply #144

157. ..and i'll give you the answer--because of posters like yourself....

bettyellen (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:59 AM
ACOLYTE OF THE LATE RED ROUND ONE
Response to Reply #157

159. Annette was the one to stalk and post personal info about other DUers here, so distrust her ok?

she was the troll, and it makes you say hmmmm.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 02:02 AM
Response to Reply #159

162. what did she post about you? 

what did you do to tic her off? something idiotic, i'm sure.

bettyellen (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 02:22 AM
Response to Reply #162

166. i flew under her radar, but she earned her TS more than once here... by insulting people

sounds like you'd like to continue the same low brow conversation....ha ha, no thank you.

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:40 AM
Response to Reply #94

99. Who the **** cares? Seriously. You are not the CIA, child no matter how you want to be.

Lex  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:46 AM
Response to Reply #99

103. this place is full of skeptics, Tangerine was one herself

being a skeptic is not a bad thing

Actually, Skins's island is full of morons.

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:50 AM
Response to Reply #103

110. On a thread where a guy is experssing sorrow? What are you ****ing nuts?

Get a ****ing grip or go drink some more.

Lex  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:56 AM
Response to Reply #110

115. WTF? Channelling your heroine's nastiness?

Personally invested in this somehow? Sure seems so.

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:59 AM
Response to Reply #115

120. Generally that is sometimes true. I'm comfortable with it.

KittyWampus  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:49 AM
Response to Reply #99

108. It could be a hoax for all we really know. Now go ahead and call me a troll. I don't know if she's dead. I don't know if the poster that was repeatedly tombstoned on DU was even a she. Don't care. But it's certainly possible this is a hoax.

Again, I don't know and have absolutely no emotional attachment to anything to do with the subject.

The fact is, reported deaths on the internet more often than not are, in fact, fake.

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:54 AM
Response to Reply #108

113. You could be a hoax too. We're all hoaxes on the net. Who cares?

This isn't a Senate hearing.

KittyWampus  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:56 AM
Response to Reply #113

114. Well, someone is posting on this forum as Kittywampus. But I've never been reportedly dead or sick.

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:58 AM
Response to Reply #114

118. So noted. We'll send you form X5403 that certifies your existence on earth.

KittyWampus  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 12:59 AM
Response to Reply #118

121. Cognito ergo sum

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:01 AM
Response to Reply #121

124. I am thinking so I exist too.

Primitives may exist, but primitives don't think.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
bettyellen (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:49 AM
Response to Reply #94

107. lots of people believe it's a hoax, this i know for sure.

MichiganVote  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 12:52 AM
Response to Reply #107

112. Then post a thread on that. Don't shit on the person who is feeling sorrow.

Bone up and post your proof or shut the **** up.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 12:59 AM
Response to Reply #107

122. and so--why does this matter to you?

you were 'discussing' this on another thread as well---

it isn't a hoax, and it should not matter to posters on any forum,, especially to those who did not know the deceased.

i think we have too many people here with too much time on their hands and they think they're the ex governor of Minnesota, and writing a script for a ***reality/hoax*** series.

seriesly.....

bettyellen (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:05 AM
Response to Reply #122

127. it matters because compulsive lying trolls are fun- i like to watch them get hunted down and TSed ! 

but sometimes it happens in reverse order too. it wouldn;t be a shock, not to many here.

im laughing that "friends" are now saying they wouldn't care if she lied about it. cause, you know lying about this stufff is typical friend behaviour!

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 01:33 AM
Response to Reply #127

146. of whom are you speaking, bettyellen?

WorseBeforeBetter  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:39 AM
Response to Reply #127

149. Hahaha...the plot thickens.

woo me with science  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:12 AM
Response to Reply #107

132. You are sounding exactly like the ghouls at Scamdy.com.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 10:32:32 AM »
Violet is a mean old hag.  Her name should be Violent.

My mother died the Thursday before Good Friday. She was cremated that Saturday. Since Easter Sunday was the next day, no service could be performed on short notice.  The churches were booked.

There was no obituary in the paper because she didn't want it and a service took place graveside a week later.  To this day people are still surprised when I tell them my mother passed away.  No one but family knew.

It was all official.  I had to sign a notorized statement for my family to go ahead with the plans. I lived out of state at the time.

My husband and I want it that way too.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 10:35:53 AM »
And out of the blue, comes this startling revelation:

bettyellen (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 01:28 AM
Response to Reply #132

142. Funny! TLB acually is "friends" with Andy's tormentors on another site- so crappy analogy 

you can't compare the two people. Andy never screwed with people heads, hospital pics were posted and many longtime DUers testified they were with him for doc appointments, surgery etc. the only people claiming to know TLB to any extent are new posters with no profiles and little history here. Plus TLB was a stalker troll who flirts with that piece of shit from Scamdy. Ewwwwww.

One wonders to whom the bettyellen primitive is referring.

Anybody know?

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 02:00 AM
Response to Reply #142

160. wrong

i'm sure, if i checked back, i would find instances of tangerine/annette tearing you a new one, as well.

i'm trying to decide whether annette would have loved this ranting or hated it.

i know she would not have appreciated some of the idiocy that's been posted, and would have called those posters on it- and would have never forgotten it- and they would not have forgotten it either ( as can be seen here in some of the postings!)

what i'm not sure of is whether she would have appreciated the hate---or just let it go. i'm thinking---she'd give a guffaw and say something caustic about them.

life is short, as many of us know, and it's worthless to let some bring others down to their level.

on that note---happy new year, all.

woo me with science  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 02:02 AM
Response to Reply #142

161. No, the analogy stands. 

I hope it is a hoax, because her absence is a great loss to many here. Her posts were incisive and she didn't suffer fools, which are qualities that will always lead someone at DU to respond with the "troll" epithet. As for the posts at the other site, I took a look, and she wrote openly there about her political disagreements with them. Maybe she played on DU and other boards, but many of us enjoyed watching the play of someone with that level of wit and intellect. It doesn't mean she wasn't a genuine and committed Democrat.

Of course you are free to speculate. I am just pointing out that you don't have any real evidence right now. All you have are your suspicions, just like the folks at Scamdy.com did. They chose to run with them publicly, too.

WorseBeforeBetter  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 02:39 AM
Response to Reply #161

167. You hope it is a hoax?

We have hundreds of posts from DUers "bawling," "weeping," and feeling as if they're at some sort of virtual wake.

That's ****ed up.

How would you "trust" anything she says? Again, "trust."

woo me with science  (1000+ posts)      Fri Jan-01-10 04:08 AM
Response to Reply #167

178. Oh please. 

What I have seen are hundreds of posts showing appreciation for the joy, wit, and intellect she brought to the board, and genuine sadness at the loss of such a gifted human being.

As a general rule, it is useful on large internet message boards to reserve "trust" (at least to the level that will cause you to despair or seethe with rage if it were betrayed) for relationships a little closer than most of us probably had with Tangerine LaBamba. Bettyellen, I have genuine affection and admiration for scores of DU-ers I have never met, but I do not confuse them with the several here who are my close friends. That you would reference "hundreds" of weeping, wailing, and trust-broken DU-ers as your trump card here is very interesting to me and perhaps makes your apparent rage at TLB a little more understandable.

I think Tangerine LaBamba was marvelous, and I will miss her presence here. A hoax would not be nearly as sad as a funeral. So...the answer to your question is yes. Yes, I would much rather this gifted human being be alive than dead. I don't consider that "****ed up," and I suspect many other DU-ers feel the same way.

MrMickeysMom  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 01:53 AM

158. Thanks, I took her off my ignore list

I mean no disrespect, but I wasn't too tolerant of some of her comments this year and resorted to that, not something I do normally.

Maybe she was quite sick at that time.

la la  (1000+ posts)     Fri Jan-01-10 02:04 AM
Response to Reply #158

163. she'd been ill for a few years---

Catherine Vincent  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 02:13 AM

164. A hoax?

Two hoaxes in one year.

road2000  (787 posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 02:17 AM

165. I'm not a frequent poster, but...

I have to wonder why we respond to trolls, who *always* have to make the topic about themselves. Jesus H. Christ. Why not tombstone the troll?

A-Schwarzenegger  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 04:11 AM

179. Kick.

For humanity.

elleng  (1000+ posts)        Fri Jan-01-10 09:05 AM

190. For the sillies here who suspect something is amiss, madmax wrote:

'Some of you know her, too. Tangerine LaBamba has passed away. I hadn't heard from her in over a week and received a phone call from a friend.'

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Whew.  The end.

Or perhaps not.

One expects further discombobulations on Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 10:41:02 AM »
Oh my.

I made a mess of this, didn't I, by merging the threads, because they're the same link.

Alas, I can't unmerge them.

Sorry, folks.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 10:59:30 AM »
Frank,I thought somewhere here there was an overview of the relevant facts regarding scamdy.
Was going to bump it for our "guests" to be able to read and become enlightened if they are willing.

Couldn`t find it though so may be searching for it wrong.
Thought it was a time line of events and how beth became mixed up in it. 

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »
Oh my.

I made a mess of this, didn't I, by merging the threads, because they're the same link.

Alas, I can't unmerge them.

Sorry, folks.

I thought some of these posts sounded familiar but then again, I'm blond and sometimes easily confused - especially by DUmmies.  

:blonde: