Author Topic: For those of us who have had an abortion...  (Read 1595 times)

Offline thundley4

For those of us who have had an abortion...
« on: November 08, 2009, 07:45:46 PM »
luvspeas   (675 posts)           Sat Nov-07-09 10:04 PM
Original message
For those of us who have had an abortion...

1) Lots of women have abortions that save their lives and/or abort dead or entirely nonviable fetuses.
2) None of us ever ever ever take it lightly.
3) It's nobody else's business.
4) For many of us, we are making the best decision for our children and ourselves.

You can think what you want. this is what I know.
  http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6955050
Yeah, about that doing it for your children. How did that work out the one(s) you murdered?
EndersDame   (1000+ posts)           Sat Nov-07-09 10:10 PM
Response to Original message
3. I think anyone who wants to put restrictions on access to abortions should volunteer as a handholder

at planned parenthood to really see what it is all about.

I would be happy to do that if they were lying there having a sonogram showing them their baby.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: For those of us who have had an abortion...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 07:48:31 PM »
What are the pro-abortion primitives whining about?

After all, the United States has the most liberal laws regarding abortion in the civilized world.

For example, there's lots and lots of restrictions on abortions in France, in England, in Ireland, in Norway, in Germany.....

So what are the primitives whining about?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 07:58:29 PM »
How is killing you child doing what is best for him or her?   :banghead:

There are thousands of couples in the US alone who would love to adopt an unwanted child.  I'm sure many would love to adopt more than one if it were possible.  So, we are comparing brutally slaughtering an infant in the womb to giving it to a loving family, and somehow slaughter becomes the better choice?  What reality are these people living in.

There are a very small number of cases where pregnancy is physically dangerous for a mother, and they are forced between choosing to end their child's life,  or dying with their child.  My heart goes out to those women, and I'm sure almost all of them wish that they had not needed to abort their pregnancy, but nobody want to ban that sort of abortion, and make up a very minuscule percentage of abortions.  In those cases, every alternate option is discussed, if a C section is possible and the child might be able to live out side the womb, I'm sure that that is attempted.

The majority of abortions in this country have no medical reason, they are strictly for the convenience of the mother, and that is sick. 

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »
I think it should become a mandate that before a woman is given a abortion that she has to one see a ultrasound of her baby and two hear it's heartbeat atleast once.
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 08:43:18 PM »
Yeah, about that doing it for your children. How did that work out the one(s) you murdered?
I would be happy to do that if they were lying there having a sonogram showing them their baby.
I think it should become a mandate that before a woman is given a abortion that she has to one see a ultrasound of her baby and two hear it's heartbeat atleast once.
:werd:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 09:22:16 PM »
1) Lots of women have abortions that save their lives and/or abort dead or entirely nonviable fetuses.
Yes it's called a spontaneous abortion. You nave no control over it and a D&C has saved womens lives.
You primitives always want to lump that into elective abortions. If you are not at least mature enough to use some sort of birth control correctly then you just need to stick to masturbation. It is one thing to have to undergo a legitimate therapeutic abortion but completely another to use it as birth control. And you DUmmies think that you know what is best when you can't even grasp the simple concept of a condom. :whatever:
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 09:29:13 PM »
Abortion is murder. What do we do with murderers?

Yes. I'm a hard ass. About some time someone was. A Nation of pussies we've become.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:32:18 PM by ColonialMarine0431 »
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 09:39:32 PM »
valerief   (1000+ posts)             Sat Nov-07-09 10:19 PM
12. When I was younger, all the women I knew well had had abortions.

It was part of being female.

Gag :puke:

Rozlee   (115 posts)           Sat Nov-07-09 11:01 PM
Response to Reply #12
20. Back in the late 70s, early 80s, when I first entered the military, before the religious wingnuts

cut off federal funding for abortions for women in the military, I knew of several soldiers that had abortions. In no case did I know of anyone having one and going partying afterward. I almost aborted my daughter when I discovered I was pregnant with her as I was getting ready to leave my ex-husband. I'm so very glad I didn't, but I did go ahead and not divorce the creep for another two years. My mother had an abortion in the 1940s. She had tuberculosis, was Hispanic and poor, and all TB patients were kept in isolation at the state run TB hospital in San Antonio, TX. Abortion was practically mandated for pregnant TB patients and a state hospital nurse performed it. I hate the fundies. What business is it of theirs what women do with their bodies? If they'd quit voting against decent housing, wages, jobs bills, safety nets for pregnant out-of-wedlock girls, maybe many wouldn't have abortions. It's like, we love these un-nucleated cluster of cells, they are a child. But, once an actual living child takes it's first breath out of the mother's body into the world, they turn their collective backs on you and tell you that you are on your own, you shameless hussy and your bastard kid.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.  I wonder if her daughter knows?!?

luvspeas   (675 posts)           Sat Nov-07-09 10:22 PM
13. I'm not ashamed and I'll tell anybody...

But I have seen people get very very uncomfortable when I do. It's their problem, not mine. It is legal, it is safe, and it's what I needed to do at the time. I do not suffer any mental illness from it, I did it in a way that made me comfortable with my decision (i.e. I found out early and as soon as possible I had it done so as not to deal with a more developed fetus), and I would do it again under the circumstances. I believe that my decision has allowed me to make life better for others and myself. On a more philosophical level, I believe that that I freed that soul (if there was one) to find it's actual family. Is all this so hard to understand?

Boy they sure do backflips to try to make  themselves feel better about their "choice". 

cynatnite   (1000+ posts)             Sat Nov-07-09 10:25 PM
Response to Reply #13
14. I do know that I wouldn't have the good life I have now had I not made the decision...

I truly believe that. It still wasn't an easy decision and I don't think I'd change it if I had to do it over again because if I did I wouldn't have a great husband that I've been married to for over 20 years, and two more additional kids that we made together.

I don't have any regrets.

The "additional" bothers the shit out of me for some reason. 

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 10:07:24 PM »
luvspeas   (675 posts)           Sat Nov-07-09 10:22 PM

13. I do not suffer any mental illness

Bullshit.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 10:12:23 PM »
I wonder if her daughter knows?!?

I am sure she has been telling her daughter all about it on a weekly basis, the burden.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 10:15:19 PM »
cynatnite   (1000+ posts)             Sat Nov-07-09 10:25 PM
Response to Reply #13
14. I do know that I wouldn't have the good life I have now had I not made the decision...

I truly believe that. It still wasn't an easy decision and I don't think I'd change it if I had to do it over again because if I did I wouldn't have a great husband that I've been married to for over 20 years, and two more additional kids that we made together.

The "additional" bothers the shit out of me for some reason. 

It bothers you because, by her choice of wording, she is unconsciously acknowledging that yes, it really was a child she murdered and not some cancerous lump of cells.

It bothers you, as it would bother any sane human being.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 06:29:39 AM »
luvspeas   (675 posts)           Sat Nov-07-09 10:04 PM
Original message
For those of us whose mother should have had an abortion...

Fixed!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 06:36:15 AM »
I can not understand how any woman is proud of an abortion.

It's funny too how they can stand in judgement of our soldiers calling them 'baby killers' when so many women there(and the men who helped create those children with such trash) actually exemplify that term, yet lack the humility and reflection our own soldiers do over having to take the life over another person even though they are more then justified when that has to happen. The soldier does it out of necessity and the aborter does it out of convenience, but we are to believe the soldier is the more despicable of the two in the liberal world.

DISGUSTING!

Offline Karin

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 07:25:58 AM »
Yes, BEG, that bothered me, too, that choice of words, and DefiantSix hit the nail.  She IS acknowledging that it was, in fact, a kid.   Deep down, they all know this.  When I even look at a photo of my step grandson, it deeply disturbs me that so many people just think of it as a nothing, something to be removed and discarded.  He's a real human being, who laughs and cries, and enjoys classical music. 

Offline bkg

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »
If it's not a life, then why is it considered murder of two people if someone kills a pregnant woman? Never understood the hypocricy in that.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »
The "additional kids" comment made me sick to my stomach.  Sh1t, this whole thread makes me sick to my stomach!  Nothing like a bunch of hypocritical, selfish assh0les gathering together to convince each other what they've done is a-ok.  Heck, it's legal, right? 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 09:28:59 AM »
cynatnite   (1000+ posts)             Sat Nov-07-09 10:25 PM
Response to Reply #13

There is just so much selfish in that statement it is hard to grasp.
Me me me me,that is all she thinks about and then to say it was twice?
Good Lord there are ways that work for birth control that don`t involve abortion but I guess probably her and her partner (s) didn`t get the same good feeling while using them.

Just plain evil.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »
Ya know, after reading this thread, I hope that God has the wisdom to make their hell an eternity of their aborted babies asking why they did it.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 09:44:17 AM »
what valerief meant was:

valerief   (1000+ posts)             Sat Nov-07-09 10:19 PM
12. When I was younger, all the women I knew well had had abortions. See we screwed just about any tom, dick or harry that we met. I probably had more one night stands that comedy central. Hell, all of us had multiple STDs so getting knocked up was just about this same thing.

It was part of working the streets.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 10:04:03 AM »

For a depressingly large number of them, even that would not change their minds.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 10:36:13 AM »
For a depressingly large number of them, even that would not change their minds.

That's the truth...instead of talking themselves out of the abortion, they'd just talk themselves out of the fact it's a real baby...because that suits their lifestyle much better.  (After all, their lives wouldn't be as wonderful if they'd had that troublesome baby, now would they).   

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »
If it's not a life, then why is it considered murder of two people if someone kills a pregnant woman? Never understood the hypocricy in that.

the thinking on this, to me, has seemed to mimic that of communities that commit genocide. Where the worth of life is decided based on the desirability of the individual in question. Think of Germany in the 30's and 40's: Jews and a host of other identifiers were not desirable so their lives had little meaning and killing them or putting them in slave labor was considered acceptable.

The same is true for abortion. There is a similar mindset that sees desirable babies as more worthy of their life and treasured, whereas unwanted babies are considered a non-life and not worthy of consideration or decency even. It's really troubling how the two lines of thought overlay one another and I don't think DUmmies are that advanced in their thinking to even recognize the parallels and the danger in this mode of thinking.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »
There is just so much selfish in that statement it is hard to grasp.
Me me me me,that is all she thinks about and then to say it was twice?
Good Lord there are ways that work for birth control that don`t involve abortion but I guess probably her and her partner (s) didn`t get the same good feeling while using them.

Just plain evil.

actually, I wonder if her pregnancy was the product of an affair given what she said. Why would any decent man leave a woman if the child was either his or she brought a child into the relationship from a previous relationship? Or did this gem of a husband encourage or go with the aborted pregnancy? What a legacy to leave to the younger children that their older sibling was discarded. Actually, I very much doubt all those DU women with children now even mention it to other children: it's one thing to have bravado with all your like-minded 'sistahs' on a message board, it's quite another to admit such a shameful thing to the people in your life who matter, particularly those who by the luck of the draw were able to keep the gift of life because they weren't inconvenient.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 10:50:27 AM »
actually, I wonder if her pregnancy was the product of an affair given what she said. Why would any decent man leave a woman if the child was either his or she brought a child into the relationship from a previous relationship? Or did this gem of a husband encourage or go with the aborted pregnancy? What a legacy to leave to the younger children that their older sibling was discarded. Actually, I very much doubt all those DU women with children now even mention it to other children: it's one thing to have bravado with all your like-minded 'sistahs' on a message board, it's quite another to admit such a shameful thing to the people in your life who matter, particularly those who by the luck of the draw were able to keep the gift of life because they weren't inconvenient.

I'm thinking she means she wouldn't have found a wonderful husband and had two additional (and obviously more important) children, had she had to suffer the horror and stigma of being a single mum.  Really, my heart just aches for the b1tch.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 10:50:41 AM »
the thinking on this, to me, has seemed to mimic that of communities that commit genocide. Where the worth of life is decided based on the desirability of the individual in question. Think of Germany in the 30's and 40's: Jews and a host of other identifiers were not desirable so their lives had little meaning and killing them or putting them in slave labor was considered acceptable.

The same is true for abortion. There is a similar mindset that sees desirable babies as more worthy of their life and treasured, whereas unwanted babies are considered a non-life and not worthy of consideration or decency even. It's really troubling how the two lines of thought overlay one another and I don't think DUmmies are that advanced in their thinking to even recognize the parallels and the danger in this mode of thinking.
It becomes very easy to kill a human being when you take their humanity away! For instance some serial killers will refer to their victims as "it" or "thing". The Nazis referred to Jews as "Rags", Liberals use the same kinds of description when talking about human babies,zygote,fetus,non-viable tissue.....etc.
Call me "Asshole" One more time!