Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss State Workers, And Accidentally Attack Obamacare  (Read 1724 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: DUmmies Discuss State Workers, And Accidentally Attack Obamacare
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 05:08:30 AM »
I've actually worked and submitted those bids! Yet you fail to answer the last question I brought forth! I did it for 30 years! You don't have a clue! Glad to see you can manipulate Doggy Doors! (I can put an 8 dog door and handle together with my eyes closed) I can build the Space Shuttle with a good set of plans! You're nothing more than a rookie trying to play with the big boys!

You need to find a different topic to be an "expert" at!

edited for emphasis

We have different prospectives on this issue, You are the engineer, I am just the worker that does your bidding.

I does not matter if a worker knows all the ins and out of theory and just why they are doing a job, what matters is the worker has to do the job given them, few questions asked.

With Union work one needs an electrician to hook up an electrical panel, it is not the job of the welder to do more then wait for the job to be finished then continue on with their job.  If the engineers missed something and the two jobs conflict, everything goes sky high, the problem is blamed on the workers not the designers.

You see All, I come from the neck of the woods that built the Thresher.  Half my family worked on that boat and when on sea trials it went down due to what they believe were some sea water valves put in backwards.   [It was a long time ago but I still remember the family and intire comunity going into shock]]

No only was all but one of the crew lost, he the lucky man had a family emergency so did not sail, but a large number of civilians who were in charge of the building and inspection lost at sea.

Everyone who worked on that boat was grilled from the Marine Guards to the people who ordered supplies to build the boat.  The Pipe fitters got the worse of it, they were given a job, did the job and moved on to another part of the boat to work.  The inspectors that came after them saw nothing wrong, the designers saw nothing wrong, even Rickover had no problem's bless his heart he had to depend on others to give him the thumbs up.

So that magnificent piece of human engineering went to sea-----BTW the ships motto was,
" Dive deeper stay longer "  ----

To this day people wonder if the fault lay in the workers or the actual design that instructed them to install the valves improperly.

You see we all have a boss that inspects our work be it digging a hole for a fence post or working in a brokerage house.  All people be it Government workers or civilian will at times question the bosses orders, Question orders when something just don't sound right, however those of us who wish to keep our job learn early on that the boss is allways right and we are free to seek work elsewhere if we disagree.

This is where you, All, have placed me and everyone else in a bind, you are the expert, yet when that pesky kid comes along and shouts that the Emperor has no clothes, we are expected to doubt our own eyes and experience , as the Emperor and Expert can do no wrong.

So if you are hired to build a space shuttle get the plans but a few things give you question, be it questionable material, say O Rings to perhaps the grade of outer insulation for the craft, are you about to abandon a 30 year carear for what you perceive as problems?  When Your bosses who are more expert then you tell you they have it under controll, do you believe them or take a hike ???