Author Topic: cboy4 primitive gets needled for lacking balls  (Read 3789 times)

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: cboy4 primitive gets needled for lacking balls
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 07:16:06 PM »
I don't care at all who a person chooses to love as long as it is legal and between two consenting adults (and doesn't involve adultery).  I don't care if they can get some sort of license of togetherness either.  I don't think it should be some sort of constitutional amendment on marriage though.  Too many really screwed up people out there to screw that up.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 01:43:04 AM »
Doesn't anybody else around here think it's kinda sad that people of the same gender, who so happen to fall in love, have to fight so hard for it?  I'm sure I'll get a BS or 2 for this but that's okay, I'm just curious as to everyone's opinions.  Taking all partisan issues and biblical references out of the mix.  Love is love!  It shouldn't be defined by genitalia.  I do think it's kind of sad that groups are resorting to these kinds of tactics to get attention for their cause, when it really shouldn't be an issue at all.

(awaiting hateful responses)  lol  :)

No one doubts that people of the same gender can love each other. They just shouldn't have sex with each other. And they shouldn't get married to each other.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 02:42:36 AM »
What rights don't they have that everyone else does?

What equality are the missing out on?

I'm curious about this also. What rights don't they have?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 05:10:55 AM »
I'm curious about this also. What rights don't they have?

I think I can help here. The pro-gay marriage folks are saying they do not have the right to marry, but that heterosexuals do have that same right.

Here's the way to look at it:

Both gays and heterosexuals have the right to marry. They both just need to marry members of the opposite sex. Neither gays nor heterosexuals have the right to marry someone of the same sex.

Voila! Everyone has the same rights.

Offline djones520

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 05:46:49 AM »
I thought that was pretty obvious ;) 

Don't bother trying Dee.  Marriage isn't a right to them.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 06:18:26 AM »
I don't care at all who a person chooses to love as long as it is legal and between two consenting adults (and doesn't involve adultery).  I don't care if they can get some sort of license of togetherness either.  I don't think it should be some sort of constitutional amendment on marriage though.  Too many really screwed up people out there to screw that up.

What goes on behind between consenting adults behind closed doors is no concern of mine.

Personally I consider homosexuality sickening and refuse to accept it as "normal" behavior. But, like I said, consenting adults , closed doors no business of mine.

Let em "marry" provided there is no provision to force any entity that doesn't approve of the practice to perform the service. Call it a "civil union" or whatever title is available if "marriage" is offensive.

Much more important things to be concerned about than this.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 06:42:11 AM »
Let em "marry" provided there is no provision to force any entity that doesn't approve of the practice to perform the service. Call it a "civil union" or whatever title is available if "marriage" is offensive.

That's always, sort of, been my attitude.

There is such a thing as "partnerships" in the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) Code, and course partnerships enjoy certain monetary advantages not available to two single individuals.

Let them form partnerships, and go from there.

Nothing wrong with that.

HOWEVER, it's my impression it's not so much about "marriage" as it is the destruction of people and institutions offensive to gays.

That's where I'm always coming from, in this argument; it's not so much about "marriage" as it is the destruction of people and institutions offensive to gays.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 06:51:35 AM »

HOWEVER, it's my impression it's not so much about "marriage" as it is the destruction of people and institutions offensive to gays.

That's where I'm always coming from, in this argument; it's not so much about "marriage" as it is the destruction of people and institutions offensive to gays.

I think you are exactly correct on this point.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »
Taking all partisan issues and biblical references out of the mix.

Taking all morality out of the mix, there's all sorts of things that "shouldn't be an issue at all."  Unfortuantely when you ignore the lessons of history when civilizations tossed morality (biblical references) to the wind, then you're doomed to repeat them.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline djones520

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 08:13:53 AM »
Taking all morality out of the mix, there's all sorts of things that "shouldn't be an issue at all."  Unfortuantely when you ignore the lessons of history when civilizations tossed morality (biblical references) to the wind, then you're doomed to repeat them.

Morals existed long before the bible was written.  Quite frankly I'm getting tired of people saying you can't be moral without "biblical influence".
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 08:26:30 AM »
Morals existed long before the bible was written.  Quite frankly I'm getting tired of people saying you can't be moral without "biblical influence".

It has nothing to do with when the Bible was written, but from whom morality originated, which was from God.  Morals existed in that which was spoken of God as passed down through the patriarchs before it was given in  written form.  I distinguish "morality" from being "good."  I know a lot of "good" people who aren't "moral," but I don't know any "moral" people who aren't "good."

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »

I feel the same way jones!  :)  Enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on this issue!  Very interesting indeed! 

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 05:27:47 PM »
I think I can help here. The pro-gay marriage folks are saying they do not have the right to marry, but that heterosexuals do have that same right.

Here's the way to look at it:

Both gays and heterosexuals have the right to marry. They both just need to marry members of the opposite sex. Neither gays nor heterosexuals have the right to marry someone of the same sex.

Voila! Everyone has the same rights.
Is marriage a right at all?  People confuse rights and privileges all the time.  And I wouldn't be surprised if most folks foncuse rights and rites.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2008, 06:21:49 PM »
Speaking of "equal rights", what if a group of straight people decided to have a "straight pride" parade where they danced through the streets half naked (to fully naked) while making out, performing all manner of simulated (and real) sex acts on each other and shouting "STRAIGHT IS GREAT"? How fast would that group of straight people be taken straight to jail house?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2008, 06:44:48 PM »
Speaking of "equal rights", what if a group of straight people decided to have a "straight pride" parade where they danced through the streets half naked (to fully naked) while making out, performing all manner of simulated (and real) sex acts on each other and shouting "STRAIGHT IS GREAT"? How fast would that group of straight people be taken straight to jail house?
I was wondering about the right to run a brothel.  Straight women are always being arrested and harassed while Bawny Fwank still has his seat of power.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2008, 09:17:51 PM »
The concerted efforts of the radical homosexuals are all about destroying normality.  Nothing more and nothing less. 

Decent people who are homosexual accept their lot in life and understand that they are the "exception to the rule".  They have no burning desire to put an end to normality just because they do not fall into the category.  They live with what they are. 

With all the talk and focus on same-sexed people wanting to be told they are "married", the fact that homosexual "marriage" makes about as much sense as mandatory life preservers for dolphins is never discussed.  The idea has no merit or benefit.

Homosexuality is a psychological handicap.  Homosexuals must live with that handicap and leave the rest of us the hell alone.  Appeasing radical homosexuals is a lot more complicated and intrusive than providing a ramp at every curb.  No matter what is done in their favor, it will never be enough.  That's because in the end, abnormal will never be normal no matter how many lies are told.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:16:35 PM by Lord Undies »

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2008, 10:07:50 PM »
I am taking notes on this thread to see exactly who here is going straight to hell. :old:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:26 PM »
I am taking notes on this thread to see exactly who here is going straight to hell. :old:
I'm posting from hell right now!
I'm selling tickets too...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Sam Adams

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2008, 02:51:53 AM »
Is marriage a right at all?  People confuse rights and privileges all the time.  And I wouldn't be surprised if most folks foncuse rights and rites.

I tend to think marriage is a right, not a privilege. God instituted marriage in Genesis 2.

I know some conservatives claim it is a privilege, sort of like getting a driver's license. But I tend to think of it as something more like gun ownership, even though marriage is not in the Bill of Rights. The government recognizes our right to marry, like our right to own a gun, but it does not give us those rights. We would have them anyway, even if there was no government.

Of course, the right to marry, like our rights to life and liberty, is not unlimited, and the government has no obligation to recognize marriage between a man and a goat, a woman and her son, a brother to his three sisters, nor a marriage between a man and a man.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2008, 01:24:18 PM »
I tend to think marriage is a right, not a privilege. God instituted marriage in Genesis 2.

I know some conservatives claim it is a privilege, sort of like getting a driver's license. But I tend to think of it as something more like gun ownership, even though marriage is not in the Bill of Rights. The government recognizes our right to marry, like our right to own a gun, but it does not give us those rights. We would have them anyway, even if there was no government.

Of course, the right to marry, like our rights to life and liberty, is not unlimited, and the government has no obligation to recognize marriage between a man and a goat, a woman and her son, a brother to his three sisters, nor a marriage between a man and a man.

Well why not?  I mean, couldn't they just do it anyway even if there was no government?  Telling one group of people it's okay to get hitched, while denying others, I mean that's just wrong.  Homos (or goats) getting married isn't hurting anyone.  *shrug*  :)

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2008, 10:40:44 AM »
I was reading the early exchange on this.  I don't think they realize that employers really don't like folks with attendance issues.  You could fellate a goat and the company won't care. Just don't do it on company time.  You come in five minutes late three times, you are on attendance warning to get fired, no matter what excuse.   

Gays get employment chops because they don't have child care issues.   Ear infections are the bane of employers everywhere.

So if you want to do something really good for your cause, get them to do perfect attendance for gay rights.  That would be more effective.

Last two years in a row I had elder care issues, and I had to miss several days and I was on "verbal warning" twice.  This year I am back to perfect attendance again.  I have perfect attendance most years, which is why I am still with the company for what is going to be 12 years February 1st
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline Zeus

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2008, 11:29:45 AM »
I was reading the early exchange on this.  I don't think they realize that employers really don't like folks with attendance issues.  You could fellate a goat and the company won't care. Just don't do it on company time.  You come in five minutes late three times, you are on attendance warning to get fired, no matter what excuse.   

Gays get employment chops because they don't have child care issues.   Ear infections are the bane of employers everywhere.

So if you want to do something really good for your cause, get them to do perfect attendance for gay rights.  That would be more effective.

Last two years in a row I had elder care issues, and I had to miss several days and I was on "verbal warning" twice.  This year I am back to perfect attendance again.  I have perfect attendance most years, which is why I am still with the company for what is going to be 12 years February 1st

FMLA
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline MarshallLaw

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »
I was wondering about the right to run a brothel.  Straight women are always being arrested and harassed while Bawny Fwank still has his seat of power.

Must.......resist..........obvious........comment.......