Author Topic: cboy4 primitive gets needled for lacking balls  (Read 3772 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
cboy4 primitive gets needled for lacking balls
« on: December 11, 2008, 03:59:15 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4632033

Oh my.

Ghost in the Machine  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 03:52 PM
Original message

Day to `call in gay' finds few willing to strike
Published: 12/11/08, 10:05 AM EDT
By LISA LEFF

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A daylong work stoppage during which employees were encouraged to "call in gay" to express support for same-sex marriage drew spotty participation.....blahblahblahblahblah.....

NeedleCast  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-11-08 03:53 PM
Response to Original message

1. Probably due to it being a really f'ing stupid idea...

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 03:56 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Says the straight guy with all of his civil rights.

Bluebear  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 04:04 PM
Response to Reply #2

8. Hush, now! Ask permission for what's a good idea.

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 04:06 PM
Response to Reply #8

12. I can't hear you under the bus Bluebear!!11!

Too much

NeedleCast  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-11-08 04:04 PM
Response to Reply #2

9. And that has what to do with this being a stupid idea?

Yeah, in a failing economy with employers looking for any excuse to fire people in the name of keeping themselves afloat, "calling in gay" is a great idea.

Hey boss, I can't come in today, I'm gay.

You'll have to explain to me how someone not going to work, risking their job, or at best losing money shows support for gay rights. Without trying very hard, I can think of a dozen better ways to support gay rights/causes then this. The absurdity behind not going to work to support gay rights makes my brain bleed.

If you think a bunch of random folk calling their employers and telling them they're not coming to work today to support gay rights is going to help your agenda, you're a dishit.

nykym (249 posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 04:07 PM
Response to Reply #9

13. So

your on the soapbox stop winning and start with the dozens or so ideas flowing.

NeedleCast  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-11-08 04:14 PM
Response to Reply #13

17. How about

National stick a fork in an electrical outlet for gay rights day?

You go first...

nykym (249 posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 04:36 PM
Response to Reply #17

25. Your the one with all the ideas. But all I keep hearing is negativity, maybe you need to get out of the post it does not sound like you have anything productive to say.

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 04:08 PM
Response to Reply #9

14. You're right....gay people should just stick to begging on their hands and knees for civil rights.

Ha straight guy with all of his rights and protections?

NeedleCast  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-11-08 04:13 PM
Response to Reply #14

16. Again, explain to me how this is a good idea

How does calling in gay to your employer show support for this cause? When there are a variety of other ways to support civil rights for GLBT, why ask people to risk their livlyhoood and then criticis them for not doing it....ESPECIALLY when you said down thread you wouldn't have had the stones to do it yourself.

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 04:19 PM
Response to Reply #16

19. Because I don't think you should feel so comfortable preaching to a minority group about whether you think an certain action is a f'ing stupid idea.

That's why.

Let us take care of our business.

I can tell by your tone you couldn't give a **** whether anything we do succeeds or not. You simply wanted to knock something that doesn't concern you.

NeedleCast  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-11-08 04:33 PM
Response to Reply #19

23. No, I just get easily annoyed by stupidity

it's a character flaw...I admit it.

You can't possibly have thought this was a good idea for supporting gay right. My tone has nothing to do with equal rights and everything to do with calling foul on a stupid idea.

Yesterday, walking to Barnes and Nobles to pick up some books, a person stopped me on the corner and asked me if I had a minute to talk about gay rights. I had a 20 minute conversation with her, dontate 10 bucks and went on my way. That girl on the coner...she's doing something for gay rights. She admited she gets crapped on pretty regularly by fundies while standing outside on a misty, cold day in D.C. That's someone doing something for the cause, Cboy. Calling in Gay is a dog and pony show that does what for equal rights for GLBT? Honestly, do you expect people to take shit like that seriously? It's not a matter of the issue, it's a matter of it being a stupid idea regardless of the issue.

More than that though, you're decrying the actions of people who didn't do something YOU ADMITED DOWN THREAD YOU WOULDN'T DO! Why the hell should anyone put their livelyhood on the line for you if you're not willing to do it?

And don't even presume to judge me on what I do and don't give a **** about. I've given both finacially and in time volonteered to support equal rights for GLBT. As a person brought up in "the gay capitol of the South," Austin, TX, I've got more than my share of gay and lesbian friends who I care very deeply about.

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 04:03 PM
Response to Original message

7. We don't even have a federal Employment Non-Descrimination Act in place.

We can be fired in many work places on any day of the week.

It's completely understandable why people didn't want to risk their jobs.

Yesterday fell on my regular day off, but there was no way I could risk calling in gay.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: cboy4 primitive gets needled for lacking balls
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »
I like this one:

NeedleCast  (1000+ posts)      Thu Dec-11-08 04:14 PM
Response to Reply #13

17. How about

National stick a fork in an electrical outlet for gay rights day?

You go first...

Such a powerful and enlightening idea! :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:14:14 PM »
It was destined to fail, just like all those dumb "Not one Damn Dime Days."
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 04:20:25 PM »
:fuelfire:

I'm starting to doubt the wisdom of my having some time ago promoted the cboy4 primitive to second-tier primitivity; trust me, that was quite an elevation.

This is the same primitive who so courageously stood up to the mockery, the ridicule, the scorn, the Hate, the harassment, of the 0bamaite grazing primitive, the rich kid jgraz primitive.....but now the cboy4 primitive frankly admits that if it hadn't been his day off, he wouldn't have had the guts to call in.

I'll let this one pass--we're all fallible--but if the cboy4 primitive shows another lack of spunk, the trapdoor underneath him will probably spring, and down the cboy4 primitive will go, down into the sewer with the unterprimitiven, the faceless lynch mob, the amorphous blob, that is 99% of the inhabitants of Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Zeus

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »
I don't get it. Is the point being gay makes one to lazy to go to work or what ?

Incidently Austin isn't the gay capital of the South,they are just a bunch of freaks n geeks. Houston is supposedly the gay friendliest city in the US of A.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 04:25:40 PM by Zeus »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »
I don't get it. Is the point being gay makes one to lazy to go to work or what ?

The cboy4 primitive always wanted to be a fireman, over there in northern California.

Maybe he's become one by now, and can't get away with that, or maybe he's afraid to tarnish his current employment record, which might or might not hurt his chances of becoming a fireman.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 04:27:18 PM »
Doesn't anybody else around here think it's kinda sad that people of the same gender, who so happen to fall in love, have to fight so hard for it?  I'm sure I'll get a BS or 2 for this but that's okay, I'm just curious as to everyone's opinions.  Taking all partisan issues and biblical references out of the mix.  Love is love!  It shouldn't be defined by genitalia.  I do think it's kind of sad that groups are resorting to these kinds of tactics to get attention for their cause, when it really shouldn't be an issue at all.

(awaiting hateful responses)  lol  :)

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »

Sorry, sir; I missed the point of your comment.

One of the cats here was trying to get into the typewriter here, and I got distracted.

This "Calling in Gay Day" was some silly notion that if all gays in America didn't show up for work, the rest of us would miss them, and hence understand how important their labor is.

One suspects it would've had about the same effect if all deaf people had called in deaf.  In other words, hardly any effect at all.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »
Doesn't anybody else around here think it's kinda sad that people of the same gender, who so happen to fall in love, have to fight so hard for it?  I'm sure I'll get a BS or 2 for this but that's okay, I'm just curious as to everyone's opinions.  Taking all partisan issues and biblical references out of the mix.  Love is love!  It shouldn't be defined by genitalia.  I do think it's kind of sad that groups are resorting to these kinds of tactics to get attention for their cause, when it really shouldn't be an issue at all.

Oh, but madam, we're not the ones responsible for this.

It's all these gays, prancing around hollering "LOOK AT ME!  LOOK AT ME!  LOOK AT ME!" who bring this grief down upon themselves.

I look.  I yawn.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 04:32:05 PM »

Incidently Austin isn't the gay capital of the South,they are just a bunch of freaks n geeks. Houston is supposedly the gay friendliest city in the US of A.

My husband tells me that Austin is considered little San Francisco, or at least little silicon valley.  

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 04:32:23 PM »
Oh, but madam, we're not the ones responsible for this.

It's all these gays, prancing around hollering "LOOK AT ME!  LOOK AT ME!  LOOK AT ME!" who bring this grief down upon themselves.

I look.  I yawn.

Yeah :)  I kinda feel bad for 'em sometimes!!  Prancing.....   :lmao:  so wrong.  lol  

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 04:33:26 PM »

Fight so hard for it? Explain how they have to fight so hard for love?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »
Fight so hard for it? Explain how they have to fight so hard for love?

Well not for that per se!  I just meant, the same rights as everyone else!!  Sorry for being so vague :)  Maybe equality's just a myth after all!  Like chupacabra  :)  lol

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 04:52:47 PM »
Yeah :)  I kinda feel bad for 'em sometimes!!  Prancing.....   :lmao:  so wrong.  lol

I've told this story before--and so if anybody's read it, ignore its repetition--but since you're new here, madam, maybe you never read it.

Back in 2000, the gay-marriage thing was on the ballot here in Nebraska.

Nobody paid much attention to it; we have gays in Nebraska, and most gays in Nebraska are just like other Nebraskans, modest, hard-working, humble, gracious, unassuming, reticent.

In 2000, Nebraska must've been the only state to have such a referendum, because it immediately attracted the attention of professional gays in New York and San Francisco.

These non-Nebraskans decided to "teach" we Nebraskans.

If they'd stayed away, the measure wouldn't have lost by the landslide it did, or perhaps it might've even narrowly won.

But no.

Much to our startled surprise, Nebraska was invaded by hordes of professional gays from New York City and San Francisco.  It was odd, because such people had never paid attention to Nebraska before, and now it seemed all gay eyes were upon us.

So they came here, hordes of them, dancing and frolicking and tiptoeing and prancing and sash-shaying and wiggling and jiggling and bouncing and bumping and humping.

We've seen odd sights here in Nebraska before, so it didn't bother us.

However.

Because of their Christmas-tree-ornament-sized earrings, their flopping nose-rings, their pointy chin-rings, their bobbling navel-rings, their tinkling bracelets, all their flashy fluorescent colors, sparkling and glittering and clinking and jingling and jangling, they created noise and color and movement unfamiliar to the cattle here.

Even the Nebraskans who've lived in Omaha all their lives know you don't spook the cattle.  And Nebraska politicians respect that, too; to spook the cattle is to lose an election.

Spooked cattle are a terrible sight to see, running amok panick-stricken and bawling and crying and tromping all in their way; people get hurt, even killed, trying to reassure spooked cattle, trying to get them calmed back down.

Well, that's what happened with all these professional gays from New York City and San Francisco, running around Nebraska shimmering and glittering and flouncing and flashing; they spooked the cattle.

Better for them had they stayed home and minded their own business, while we minded ours.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Zeus

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »

My husband tells me that Austin is considered little San Francisco, or at least little silicon valley.  

Austin is known as  "Moscow on the prairie" Their main newspaper The Austin American Stateman is referred to as "Pravda on the Prairie". Austin is also called the  "Silicon Prairie" because of all the puter companies & Chipmakers there.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 04:55:46 PM »
I've told this story before--and so if anybody's read it, ignore its repetition--but since you're new here, madam, maybe you never read it.

Back in 2000, the gay-marriage thing was on the ballot here in Nebraska.

Nobody paid much attention to it; we have gays in Nebraska, and most gays in Nebraska are just like other Nebraskans, modest, hard-working, humble, gracious, unassuming, reticent.

In 2000, Nebraska must've been the only state to have such a referendum, because it immediately attracted the attention of professional gays in New York and San Francisco.
These non-Nebraskans decided to "teach" we Nebraskans.

If they'd stayed away, the measure wouldn't have lost by the landslide it did, or perhaps it might've even narrowly won.

But no.

Much to our startled surprise, Nebraska was invaded by hordes of professional gays from New York City and San Francisco.  It was odd, because such people had never paid attention to Nebraska before, and now it seemed all gay eyes were upon us.

So they came here, hordes of them, dancing and frolicking and tiptoeing and prancing and sash-shaying and wiggling and jiggling and bouncing and bumping and humping.

We've seen odd sights here in Nebraska before, so it didn't bother us.

However.

Because of their Christmas-tree-ornament-sized earrings, their flopping nose-rings, their pointy chin-rings, their bobbling navel-rings, their tinkling bracelets, all their flashy fluorescent colors, sparkling and glittering and clinking and jingling and jangling, they created noise and color and movement unfamiliar to the cattle here.

Even the Nebraskans who've lived in Omaha all their lives know you don't spook the cattle.  And Nebraska politicians respect that, too; to spook the cattle is to lose an election.

Spooked cattle are a terrible sight to see, running amok panick-stricken and bawling and crying and tromping all in their way; people get hurt, even killed, trying to reassure spooked cattle, trying to get them calmed back down.

Well, that's what happened with all these professional gays from New York City and San Francisco, running around Nebraska shimmering and glittering and flouncing and flashing; they spooked the cattle.

Better for them had they stayed home and minded their own business, while we minded ours.

dancing and frolicking and tiptoeing and prancing and sash-shaying and wiggling and jiggling and bouncing and bumping and humping.    :lmao:   oh man :)

This story is amazing!!  Thanks for sharing with me.  Totally makes sense, and really sucks for those who were minding their own business to begin with.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 04:59:25 PM »
Well not for that per se!  I just meant, the same rights as everyone else!!  Sorry for being so vague :)  Maybe equality's just a myth after all!  Like chupacabra  :)  lol

What rights don't they have that everyone else does?

What equality are the missing out on?

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Sweet Dee

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 05:00:05 PM »
What rights don't they have that everyone else does?

What equality are the missing out on?

I thought that was pretty obvious ;) 

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
I thought that was pretty obvious ;) 

No I really have no idea what rights I have that they don't have
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 05:03:55 PM »
dancing and frolicking and tiptoeing and prancing and sash-shaying and wiggling and jiggling and bouncing and bumping and humping.    :lmao:   oh man :)

This story is amazing!!  Thanks for sharing with me.  Totally makes sense, and really sucks for those who were minding their own business to begin with.

I have never been a gay advocate just a you leave me alone & I'll leave you alone type a person.  The Actions & attitudes of far to many of the gay folks have got me thinking. If this is the way they act when they want something and claim they aren't out to change aythinhg how they going to act when they do get their actions & attitudes condoned by the state seal of approval.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 05:06:51 PM »
They have the same rights as everyone else.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:08:43 PM by freedumb2003 »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 05:08:13 PM »
cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 04:08 PM
Response to Reply #9

14. You're right....gay people should just stick to begging on their hands and knees for civil rights.

The jokes just write themselves...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 05:40:41 PM »
I had a cold yesterday, I was going to call in sick, until I realized it was "Gay Day".

I took 4 Dayquils, drank 16 oz's of orange juice and drug my sick ass into work.

No freakin' WAY I was calling in on "Gay Day".

It's amazing what you can do, given the proper motivation . . .  :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »

I don't really care.  These are people who went out after Prop 8 and harassed Catholics and Mormons but left the black churches alone.  They have absolutely no interest in anything but feeding their egos and "feeling special."  I think instead of "gay" or lgbxytz43lxy's or whatever they call themselves they should be called "full-grown adult spoilt brats."  I don't really see any love in what they do other than narcissism.

I have two "uncles" who have lived together for years and years without once ever prancing about or crashing a Mass or other religious service so I don't buy the whole "love" argument.  People in love will find a way.  And a way was offered but was rejected because it's all about them, not marriage or civil unions or anything else but getting attention.

I have often thought that people with real pride don't need special parades to show it off.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 06:15:29 PM »
You'll have to explain to me how someone not going to work, risking their job, or at best losing money shows support for gay rights. Without trying very hard, I can think of a dozen better ways to support gay rights/causes then this.

Judy Garland Day at Dodger Stadium?? :hyper:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.