Author Topic: Obama, Calderon cite cooperation, challenges in talks  (Read 1780 times)

Offline cavegal

Obama, Calderon cite cooperation, challenges in talks
« on: March 03, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/03/03/us.mexico.visit/index.html?hpt=T1

Washington (CNN) -- Mexican President Felipe Calderon and U.S. President Barack Obama on Thursday praised each other for increased cooperation on border security and commerce issues after talks at the White House that covered drug cartels, immigration, and other topics.

The two leaders said they had found a solution to an ongoing cross-border trucking dispute between their countries, and Obama added that he hopes to conclude an agreement with Mexico by the end of the year on developing new sources of energy in the Gulf of Mexico.

They also cited steps to combat drug cartels in Mexico and reduce the flow of weapons and drugs across the shared border.
Emphasis mine.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline thundley4

Re: Obama, Calderon cite cooperation, challenges in talks
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 05:03:08 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/03/03/us.mexico.visit/index.html?hpt=T1
 Emphasis mine.

Yep, we'll subsidize Mexico to drill in the GOM, and then pay premium prices to buy the oil.  I caught a little bit of Obumbler talking about guns, and I'm thinking this is a prelude to his push for more restrictive laws.  Stooooopid Obumbler. He should have tried that when he had larger majorities in both chambers of congress.  My guess is that he will try to implement restrictions through agency regulations instead of by law.

Offline true_blood

Re: Obama, Calderon cite cooperation, challenges in talks
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:05:47 PM »
Washington (CNN) -- Mexican President Felipe Calderon and U.S. President Barack Obama on Thursday praised each other for increased cooperation on border security and commerce issues after talks at the White House that covered drug cartels, immigration, and other topics.  (In other words, how can we get more illegal aliens from Mexico into America safely.)

The two leaders said they had found a solution to an ongoing cross-border trucking dispute between their countries, and Obama added that he hopes to conclude an agreement with Mexico by the end of the year on developing new sources of energy in the Gulf of Mexico.  (In other words, more "redistribution of wealth" for other countries.)

They also cited steps to combat drug cartels in Mexico and reduce the flow of weapons and drugs across the shared border.    (In other words, they won't do a damn thing about it.)