Author Topic: Tav wonders if he should have his head and tells of his cousin's DUI  (Read 311 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Two separate threads - the head one: link and the "my cousin is in jail" thread: here

I think he should start wearing hats, JMO:

Taverner  (1000+ posts)         Wed Nov-16-11 01:04 PM
Original message
Should I shave my head and do the "Breaking Bad" do?
 Edited on Wed Nov-16-11 01:05 PM by Taverner

Complete with goatee?

I tried growing the hair longer, to cover up said bald spots. But it ends up clumping together, accentuating my baldness.

Refresh | 0 Recommendations

I don't believe this btw - not for a first offense at least:

Taverner  (1000+ posts)         Sun Nov-13-11 09:23 PM
Original message
My cousin is in jail
 ****all, she got a DUI. Working full time, of course she can't do the community service and pay the fine.

Hence, a warrant, and she is in jail.

This is not what it is supposed to do.

Lindsay Lohan gets 3 hours for her repeated violations, yet my cousin gets months for her mistake - first time.

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
Re: Tav wonders if he should have his head and tells of his cousin's DUI
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 02:18:59 PM »
Lindsay Lohan gets 3 hours for her repeated violations, yet my cousin gets months for her mistake - first time.

That's the kind of common sense "fairness" you get with liberal judges.  Own it, moron.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 08:39:48 PM »
Taverner  (1000+ posts)         Sun Nov-13-11 09:23 PM
Original message
My cousin is in jail
 ****all, she got a DUI. Working full time, of course she can't do the community service and pay the fine.

Hence, a warrant, and she is in jail.

This is not what it is supposed to do.

First of all, I don't believe it. I bet she blew off the hearing. Some states, like WV, require a mandatory 24 hours, but they usually want the DUI's out of the jail as soon as possible. Now as to the fine... DUI is nothing more than a money racket. They want the offender, usually the first time offenders, to have to pay out the nose so they do not do it again. The 5,6,7, time etc DUI's, they treat a little differently since they usually have no money and they usually lock them up for a month or so.

Now let us look at what he said... "Hence a warrant and she is in jail". What kind of warrant? Probably a bench warrant which is usually issued when you do not show up for the hearing. Now, let us say that she did show up for the hearing... if she can't pay or has a job, I bet they would work with her... unless she refused to cooperate. Something tells me that there is waaaay more details missing.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:50:47 AM »
First of all, I don't believe it. I bet she blew off the hearing. Some states, like WV, require a mandatory 24 hours, but they usually want the DUI's out of the jail as soon as possible. Now as to the fine... DUI is nothing more than a money racket. They want the offender, usually the first time offenders, to have to pay out the nose so they do not do it again. The 5,6,7, time etc DUI's, they treat a little differently since they usually have no money and they usually lock them up for a month or so.

Now let us look at what he said... "Hence a warrant and she is in jail". What kind of warrant? Probably a bench warrant which is usually issued when you do not show up for the hearing. Now, let us say that she did show up for the hearing... if she can't pay or has a job, I bet they would work with her... unless she refused to cooperate.Something tells me that there is waaaay more details missing.

You KNOW there is. 

The only DUI's that get any coverage here in VA are the ones that involve current or retired judges, LEO's, and political appointees.  That's news!

The rest, not so much.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.