Author Topic: Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining  (Read 12697 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade

In 18-1 vote, Wis. Senate approves bill to strip public employees of collective bargaining rights according to Twitter Breaking News via FR.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:19:11 PM by Jaro »
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline olde north church

• Don't strive to be liked, strive to be admired.
2 FN Cool

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_8747fa04-4a74-11e0-8e6b-001cc4c03286.html

Collective bargaining bill appears to be on its way to passage

In a surprise move late Wednesday, Senate Republicans voted to move forward with the governor's controversial budget repair bill, sending the measure to a Senate-Assembly conference committee, which quickly adopted a version of the bill that both houses will vote on.

It was unclear how the Senate, which has been deadlocked after the body's 14 Democrats fled the state last month denying it the quorum needed to vote on a fiscal bill, was able to advance the legislation to this point.

-Continued at the link-

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
Can't tell anyone how happy I am about this. But...I'm stuck in a house where lefties frequently drop in. Going to have to figure a way to harness that happiness at times. :p

Anyway, this is GREAT for WI, but according to certain things I'm already seeing, this blow to the far out leftists may actually bring violence. The question is this: If violence DOES break out in the Mad City, will the police do their JOBS??
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:41:20 PM by TVDOC »

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Can't tell anyone how happy I am about this. But...I'm stuck in a house where lefties frequently drop in. Going to have to figure a way to harness that happiness at times. :p

Anyway, this is GREAT for WI, but accroding to certain things I'm already seeing, this blow to the far out leftists may actually bring violence. The question is this: If violence DOES break out in the Mad City, will the police do their JOBS??
I wonder the same thing.

Called Sen. Miller's office this morning asking for another Senator since he wasn't representing me.  Called whoever my assemblyman is too and even though he is a lib, I thanked him for at least being there.

I was very angry this morning when I heard they sent the runaways their checks and rescinded the fines so I called Scott Fitzgerald's office too, who is the majority leader.

I am glad they finally did something.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
If violence happens it'll be much worse for the unions, you think Americans are going to just sit by and let the unions run the show? no way!

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
That's why it's so exciting. I don't wish it upon anyone, but if it happens, that will be the straw that broke the camel's back. The nail in the coffin. The Unions, and maybe the "Progressive" movement will be DONE! At least here in WI.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Great news  :hyper:

Read it and weep, DUmmies and other regressives  :tongue:  :yahoo: :bird:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline cavegal

Wisconsin Senate GOP Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining Rights

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/09/wisconsin-republicans-plan-pass-budget-democrats-sources-say/

part AP story link only

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oh, it sucks when those EVIL Republicans win shit by playing by the rules, doesn't it, bitches?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline longview

So happy for Wisconsin.

When this all started, I thought, "What's the big deal?  Let the public workers keep their collective bargaining rights.  But for now... no money equals no money.  They have to accept cutbacks or extensive layoffs."  I had no idea how the unions had used bargaining to deplete the resources of a state or the ridiculous deals that were given to union workers: wage stacking, pay to do union work, etc.

Offline true_blood

Very good to hear. Hopefully this is the first to come of many more. :cheersmate:

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
BTW, the protesters were supposed to stay on the 1st floor but the police let them up to the 2nd floor to protest! Something has to be done with cops siding with unions instead of protecting citizens.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
I would encourage...URGE you fellow cavers to watch BG's WiscEye link. Things are blowing up inside, and outside of the Chambers. As well as outside of the Capitol.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline Chris_

For the DUmmies out there... at least Republicans in Wisconsin are smarter than the Democrats in Washington, DC:
Senators approved an amended version of Gov. Scott Walker's bill, which would strip most collective bargaining rights from public employees. The new bill removes all fiscal elements of the proposal but still curbs collective bargaining and increases employee payments in pension and health benefits.

Wisconsin State Journal
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Boudicca

Oh, it sucks when those EVIL Republicans win shit by playing by the rules, doesn't it, bitches?
Can Armageddon and starving union children be far behind? :sarcasm:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Good. Even if the Dems were there, it likely would passed. Talk about cut and run.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

Too bad they didn't pass some other laws this way. Say some abortion restrictions, laxer gun laws, etc.

Offline James Cessna

• Probationary (Probie)
News Flash! Wisconsin Senate Votes to Strip State Workers of Collective Bargaining Rights.

Bypassing Democrats hiding out in Illinois, Wisconsin Senate Republicans voted Wednesday night to strip state workers of their collective bargaining rights.

Republicans voted 18-1 to pass the stripped-down budget bill in a hastily arranged meeting. None of the Senate Democrats were present.

The state Assembly is expected to vote on the bill Thursday.

All 14 Senate Democrats fled to Illinois nearly three weeks ago, preventing the chamber from having enough members present to consider Gov. Scott Walker's so-called "budget repair bill" -- a proposal introduced to plug a $137 million budget shortfall..
Fox News
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:58:48 PM by Chris »

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
Mayor of Madison Dave Cieslewicz among protesters currently occupying the Capitol
http://twitter.com/#search?q=%40MikeElk

Isn't it comforting to know that our mayor is by and for THE PEOPLE? :sarcasm:

Offline Chris_

Eyewitness reports are saying that the protestors have locked and barred the doors at the Capitol building from the inside.

Gateway Pundit

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
Eyewitness reports are saying that the protestors have locked and barred the doors at the Capitol building from the inside.

Gateway Pundit

I guess they are too far removed from Kent State...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi