Author Topic: Baby Miraculously Survives Abortion, Expected to Live 'Normal' Life  (Read 1083 times)

Offline guest

Baby Miraculously Survives Abortion, Expected to Live 'Normal' Life

Thursday, June 05, 2008

News.com.au

A mother who decided to abort her son because he may have inherited a life-threatening kidney condition is overjoyed that he survived the procedure.

Jodie Percival of Nottinghamshire, England, said she and her fiancee made the decision to abort baby Finley when she was eight weeks pregnant.

Percival's first son Thane died of multicystic dysplastic kidneys — which causes cysts to grow on the kidneys of an unborn baby — and her second child Lewis was born with serious kidney damage and currently has just one kidney, the Daily Mail reported.

Link

How amazing is that?

I hope the child survives fully healthy and the mother learns to have a little more faith. 

I can understand the worries about her previous pregnancies, though.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 04:56:58 PM by ACrazyConservative »

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Baby Miraculously Survives Abortion, Expected to Live 'Normal' Life
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 04:59:33 PM »
I guess that the liberal Aussies don't comprehend "birth control". One son died of kidney problems, another lost a kidney due to the same problem. I think I would have chosen NOT to have more children. Vasectomy, birth control pills, or a hysterectomy would have "fixed" all that.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 05:04:16 PM »
I guess that the liberal Aussies don't comprehend "birth control". One son died of kidney problems, another lost a kidney due to the same problem. I think I would have chosen NOT to have more children. Vasectomy, birth control pills, or a hysterectomy would have "fixed" all that.
A better fix than killing the child, for sure.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline bijou

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 05:05:20 PM »
To be fair to the mother, she was using birth control pills when she got pregnant. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 05:09:50 PM »
How amazing is that?

I hope the child survives fully healthy and the mother learns to have a little more faith. 

I can understand the worries about her previous pregnancies, though.

I just hope this child never finds out that his mother tried to have him aborted.  Talk about a self esteem killer...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 05:14:18 PM »

I just hope this child never finds out that his mother tried to have him aborted.  Talk about a self esteem killer...

Exactly.     :(   

And I also hope this situation changes their views on abortion.   The baby might have minor kidney damage, but hey, humans are more than capable of surviving with one kidney. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline guest

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »
I started researching Multicystic Dysplastic kidneys, just out of curiosity.   It appears that Thane had a rare version of it which affects both kidneys, and thus, is an immediate threat to life. :(

I can definitely understand the parents' concern about it appearing again in other children.   But, with the birth control pills having failed to work, I wonder if God has plans for Finley.

A multicystic dysplastic kidney is the result of abnormal fetal development of the kidney. The kidney is replaced by multiple cysts which vary in size. There is little or no normal function to this kidney. Historically, it was one of the most common causes of abdominal mass as discovered by physical examination. Currently with the use of prenatal ultrasound, most of these are discovered prior to birth. The incidence is approximately 1 in 4300 live births.

The vast majority of multicystic kidneys occur on one side (left side). Occasionally it may occur on both sides but this is incompatible with life, primarily because the kidney is responsible for producing the amniotic fluid which is vital to lung development. In most cases this condition isn't cause for alarm, since one properly functioning kidney is sufficient to provide the normal amount of amniotic fluid. The incidence between males and females is approximately equal. This condition is most common in the Caucasian population.

So, if that's what caused the damage to Finley's kidney, he'll be alright, but he'll probably need to be monitored.

Link

Link 2 

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 05:44:56 PM by ACrazyConservative »