Author Topic: Rain is wet and Liberals are liars.....  (Read 970 times)

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Rain is wet and Liberals are liars.....
« on: June 02, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »
Commentary - Peter Schweizer: Conservatives more honest than liberals?
WASHINGTON (Map, News) -

The headline may seem like a trick question — even a dangerous one — to ask during an election year. And notice, please, that I didn’t ask whether certain politicians are more honest than others. (Politicians are a different species altogether.) Yet there is a striking gap between the manner in which liberals and conservatives address the issue of honesty.

Consider these results:

Is it OK to cheat on your taxes?  A total of 57 percent of those who described themselves as “very liberal” said yes in response to the World Values Survey, compared with only 20 percent of those who are “very conservative.” When Pew Research asked whether it was “morally wrong” to cheat Uncle Sam, 86 percent of conservatives agreed, compared with only 68 percent of liberals.

Ponder this scenario, offered by the National Cultural Values Survey: “You lose your job. Your friend’s company is looking for someone to do temporary work. They are willing to pay the person in cash to avoid taxes and allow the person to still collect unemployment. What would you do?”

When the World Values Survey asked a similar question, the results were largely the same: Those who were very liberal were much more likely to say it was all right to get welfare benefits you didn’t deserve.

The World Values Survey found that those on the left were also much more likely to say it is OK to buy goods that you know are stolen. Studies have also found that those on the left were more likely to say it was OK to drink a can of soda in a store without paying for it and to avoid the truth while negotiating the price of a car.

Another survey by Barna Research found that political liberals were two and a half times more likely to say that they illegally download or trade music for free on the Internet.
(more at link) 
http://www.examiner.com/a-1419425~Peter_Schweizer__Conservatives_more_honest_than_liberals_.html

SHOCKING I KNOW!!!!!!!! :whatever:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline jinxmchue

Re: Rain is wet and Liberals are liars.....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 12:32:34 PM »

I know I'm at a loss for words.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »
Hmmm should I send this to my moonbat neighbor?  This may make her finally get mad at me if I do.  I do kinda like her so I don't think I will.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 12:36:02 PM »

I know I'm at a loss for words.

I am SHOCKED! SHOCKED, I tell you!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 12:37:28 PM »
Anyone willing to ruin a good mole at the DUmp by posting this over there?   :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 12:42:05 PM »
If I had one I would post it in a heartbeat. 
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:10 PM »
Anyone willing to ruin a good mole at the DUmp by posting this over there?   :-)

Does the DUmp read over here? They'll get the message.
 :tongue:

I was visiting another board last evening and a very liberal liberal actually said that George Wallace was a Republican. I'm still  :rotf: at that one. These people are idiots!

Offline Georgia Bulldog

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 08:39:22 AM »

I was visiting another board last evening and a very liberal liberal actually said that George Wallace was a Republican. I'm still  :rotf: at that one. These people are idiots!

That's a kind of stupid that has to hurt something fierce!
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -- hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
1874-1965, British Statesman, Prime Minister

The Democrats say that the United States has had its days in the sun, that our nation has passed its zenith. My fellow citizens, I utterly reject that view.

Ronald Reagan
40th US President, 1911-2004

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 11:27:51 AM »

I was visiting another board last evening and a very liberal liberal actually said that George Wallace was a Republican. I'm still  :rotf: at that one. These people are idiots!

That's a kind of stupid that has to hurt something fierce!
That's why DUmmies like drugs.