Author Topic: Man threatened with arrest at Heathrow for wearing Transformers T-shirt  (Read 815 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Man threatened with arrest at Heathrow for wearing Transformers T-shirt

An airline passenger claimed that a security guard threatened to arrest him because he was wearing a T-shirt showing a cartoon robot with a gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, from London, said he was stopped from passing through security at Heathrow's Terminal 5 after his Transformers T-shirt was deemed 'offensive.'

The IT consultant was set to fly off on a business trip to Dusseldorf in Germany when he was pulled to one side.

LINKY DINK W/ PIC GOODNESS

Libs are offensive.  They should never be allowed on a plane.   :uhsure:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
A spokesman for Heathrow operator BAA said: 'If a T-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it, for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it.

'We are investigating what happened to see if it came under this category.

'If it's offensive, we don't want other passengers upset.' :whatever:

He said there was no record of the incident and the passenger 'certainly didn't make a formal complaint at the time.'

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline jtyangel

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Zaf is not going to be happy.  :-)
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jendf

He said there was no record of the incident and the passenger 'certainly didn't make a formal complaint at the time.'

I'm guessing the formal complaint will come in the form of a lawsuit.

Offline jinxmchue

I think this guard was absolutely right to confront the passenger.  Those Transformers shirts are more than meets the eye.

:innocent:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
I think this guard was absolutely right to confront the passenger.  Those Transformers shirts are more than meets the eye.

:innocent:

"Pardon me while I whip this out!"
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.