Author Topic: “Professor Schpinkee’s Greenhouse Calculator - find out when you should die!”  (Read 1263 times)

Offline megimoo

ABC (Australia) Game Calculates When You Should Die For Using Up Your "Fair Share" of Earth's Resources

The second game is called :
“Professor Schpinkee’s Greenhouse Calculator - find out when you should die!”

The game intended for children, "Planet Slayer," is on the Australian Broadcasting Corp. website. It's not actually much of a game; it's just PC propaganda software. Users are supposed to answer questions about their lifestyle and the game calculates how much of a "greenhouse pig" they are. It then compares the user to "the Average Aussie greenhouse pig" and to "an environmentally-sustainable 'green' pig."

For added fun, click on the skull and bones to have it calculate the age at which you should die so as not to use more than your fair share of the Earth's resources.

http://minx.cc/?post=265578
TV Network Tells Kids How Long Their Carbon Footprint Should Allow Them to Live
Hat tip to CallonJim who writes:

This “kids” games at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tell’s kids depending on their magical “carbon footprint” how long they should live?

The actual title is “Professor Schpinkee’s Greenhouse Calculator - find out when you should die!”
snip
The thing I find amazing is the average foot print is 24.6 tonnes of CO2, which calculates out to 9.3 years old! Where it tells the child “YOU SHOULD DIE AT THE AGE 9.3!” Guess what age this kids games is marketed to? That’s right, 9 year olds.

What is most disgusting about this is that ABC ignores their own published code of practice !

http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com/2008/05/31/tv-network-tells-kids-when-their-carbon-footprint-says-they-should-die/

Offline Lord Undies

How are the ratings?

Offline MrsSmith

Ah, the wonders of junk science...   ::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Ahh , the A B C .. our own home grown version of the BBC. Taxpayer funded too.

Kinda like the TV station you'd get if  Al-jizeara and pravda merged with ELF.

Run by a bunch of hysterical screaming leftards, for an audience of hysterical screaming leftards, on the taxpayers dime.

They'd be investigating the career opportunities in fast food service if it were up to me.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
It says I should ahve died at age 3.4.

The author of this should have died at age 2, then.

It mostly dinged me for spending money.  We can see their agenda -- control people's spending and you control people.

These tree huggers can go to hell.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Flame

It mostly dinged me for spending money.  We can see their agenda -- control people's spending and you control people.

woohoo!  I outlived you by 1.2 years!

And the questions were retarded...not objective at all.  And the money one was the worst.  How much money did you spend....well, I spent a lot of money, on my family of 5.

Offline MrsSmith

woohoo!  I outlived you by 1.2 years!

And the questions were retarded...not objective at all.  And the money one was the worst.  How much money did you spend....well, I spent a lot of money, on my family of 5.
AH HA!!! You have children!!  How DARE you reproduce!!

::)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.