Author Topic: Wanna See Something Really Frightening?  (Read 267 times)

Offline mrclose

Wanna See Something Really Frightening?
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:56:15 AM »
Ran across an article from a Law Enforcement site this evening which asks the question:

"Will You Do It?"

The article is asking leo's .. if ordered, would they confiscate the weapons from law abiding citizens.

The article and majority of responses aren't all that frightening .. it is one of the responses that makes me cringe! 

Here's the response from a reader (and presumed law enforcement officer) which got me to thinking ...

Omar Little says: June 13, 2012 at 2:56 am

Absolutely I would and for several reasons.

1st. my job is on the line. I may not like it, but I will follow orders. If I don’t and someone is killed because of my inaction to follow orders, I may be left high and dry by my dept.

2nd. I have a gun. I will get to keep my gun. Nobody will take my gun home because I am the law. I will take your gun. See #1 above.

3rd. I believe in the Constitution, but it is a living document. With the way gangs and illegals are today, I want all the guns off the street. Only law enforcement should own guns. You don’t have the ability or desire to train and be profecient with a weapon. A single shot shotgun is about all you need for home defense and I’m really pushing my comfort zone to accept that.

4th. I will confiscate any weapon I find. You have a gun? You have a permit? Your gun is mine. I’ll let you spend a few thousand dollars with the judge to get your gun back if you really want it that bad. It doesn’t cost me a thing to confiscate your weapon, but it will cost you lots of time and lots of money to get it back. If need to depending on the weapon I may add charges even if I have to make them up to keep you away from the gun.

5th. I am sick of the .gov is coming after us. I know barrel jerkers like so many gun nuts are hoarding guns and ammo. Keep it up, because when we do come for them, I already know your neighbors won’t support you. Why? Because I am the law. You are guilty till the judge tells me you are not.

http://www.americancopmagazine.com/will-you-do-it/

My only answer to someone like this?
Bring It!
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Wanna See Something Really Frightening?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »
Did you see the responses to that persons post? this are just a few of them:

You are an idiot. You have no moral compass: “I was just following orders”

“I was just following orders” Hmm seems I’ve heard that one before… Oh I know the Nazi’s running the death camps, I remember they said the same thing, just following orders.
The fact is I really don’t think he’s telling how he really feels, doubt it in the extreme

Omar Little you have quite a big head eh? You are the law? No, you are not. You are there to protect those that are not within the law. And it will be idiots like you that end up on a slab due to your trying to violate the Constitution. And no one is guilty until a judge says different. People like you should never even be allowed to wear a badge.

sir, you are a tyrant. You are what we other civil servants fear the most….a rogue who has been bullied too much as a kid and wants to take out their revenge on society. I pray for the lives, freedom and rights of the people you hopefully don’t serve in your community. You should be ashamed of yourself, and do something else. You came into public safety for the wrong reasons. You are nothing but a bully to the public who will affect us all when you finally get caught up in your dirty illegal activity. You are gonna make us ALL look bad. You are the reason law abiding gun owners fear us (as well as eveyone else). I only hope your not in some major agency…maybe a small rural area where you can only affect a small amount of people. Half of what you say is crap anyway…youd be fired and/or jailed. maybe you have been doing alot of this stuff for awhile and have gotten away with it….guys like you do…but you will be caught. until then god help us from the likes of you!

“I was just following orders” didn’t fly at the Nuremberg trials and it won’t fly when the citizen trials of traitors take place, either formally, in a courtroom, or informally, on the street.

“You don’t have the ability or desire to train and be profecient with a weapon.”

I have never been a LEO, however I am a sponsored shooter who shoots thousands of rounds a year. I will be happy to shoot a match with you anytime and show you my ability!

“You have a permit? Your gun is mine. I’ll let you spend a few thousand dollars with the judge to get your gun back if you really want it that bad. It doesn’t cost me a thing to confiscate your weapon, but it will cost you lots of time and lots of money to get it back. If need to depending on the weapon I may add charges even if I have to make them up to keep you away from the gun.”

You are a black eye on all the LEO’s in this country! You can try this with me, I have a CCW, my attorney will have your dept paying me and I will do everything to have your job ended!

@ OmarLittle
1. Tyranny cannot exist without a guy like you. You are the teeth of the beast the Bill of Rights and the Constitution were supposed to help prevent. The “living” constitution only exists in the minds of those who hate individual liberty.

2. As far as gun grabbing–how would you like it to happen to you, or how bout your kids 15 years from now? You’ll have helped set the precedent. “Legal” doesn’t equal “moral” or “right” or “order” (as in law and order).

3. I hope you personally come to get my guns, buddy. The possibility that someone like you might come one day to get them from me or my neighbors is the only reason I’ve got them…

–An Oath Keeper

Omar is a troll….

Bring it on, the world will be a better place, people like you will be worm food, all the good cops will still be around to serve their communities, and any future cops who want to stray down the same path as you will have a precedent to remind them what happens when you go too far.

"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »
If it ever comes to the extreme of confiscation, the Omars of this land and some of the more reactive gunowners are all going to have a really, really bad day.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:31:09 AM »
Did you see the responses to that persons post? this are just a few of them:

During primary season each of our LE candidates (Sheriff, Chief of Police & Constable) were asked that question. Each of the winners stated to the effect that an order to collect arms would be unlawful IAW the Constitution.  There is a group called The Oathkeepers made up of LE and ostensibly non active duty military who refuse to obey such an order.