Author Topic: Police: officers shoot woman stabbing her child  (Read 999 times)

Offline CG6468

Police: officers shoot woman stabbing her child
« on: November 29, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »
Police: officers shoot woman stabbing her child

AP ARTICLE
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Police: officers shoot woman stabbing her child
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »
Tragic. Why couldn't they wrestle the woman to the ground or something a little less fatal? This doesn't pass the smell test. I'm sure there's a helluva lot more to the story than what's here so far.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
Tragic. Why couldn't they wrestle the woman to the ground or something a little less fatal? This doesn't pass the smell test. I'm sure there's a helluva lot more to the story than what's here so far.

Agree Eupher, more to the story.   However, the sight of a woman stabbing a child will get to most people, Police no exception.

The sight of her stabbing a child must have been so bad the cops fired 10 times, we have no idea what the cops saw or why they felt the need to fire that many times unless the sight was so God Awful they themselves were killing a monster.

Cops do face the unthinkable every day, how do they go home and not have nightmares every night.???

Were you or I Eupher to enter a scene such as this, and we were armed, facing a crazy lady stabbing a child, would we run from the scene or stop her actions before she could come after us ???

Who would want to try to wrestle a knife welding crazy person that was stabbing their own child to the ground??    The child was dead, the insane woman had nothing to loose, she could have taken out one or two cops with her knife.

No excuses here, the woman may have taken LSD or PCP and believed her children were evil monsters from hell.  She may have believed she was defending herself from demons whatever.   Who really gives a shit what she believed except some liberal court that lets her off and her dead child and injured cops is forgotten in the court system.

Why try to stop a monster of any kind by using humane methods that may get others killed??   I will not try to talk to or to cage a rabid dog.   Only thing to do is to shoot them not inquire how they got that way.  They are as we find them and  human monsters and rabid dogs must be put down.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 02:49:31 PM »
Agree Eupher, more to the story.   However, the sight of a woman stabbing a child will get to most people, Police no exception.

Vesta, put down the crack pipe for just a second, mmm-kay?

With MULTIPLE cops on hand witnessing this violence, I'm not convinced that a gaggle of them couldn't have stopped this woman from doing what she was doing. Was there a risk to the cops? You bet. But discharging multiple firearms toward a target with a child being within stabbing range of the target does not make sense to me.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »
Disgusting piece of shit woman that gave birth. :mad:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 03:10:14 PM »
Disgusting piece of shit woman that gave birth. :mad:

The gene pool is being cleansed.

Offline longview

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »
A bullet vs. running over and wrestling the knife away?  A bullet is quicker.  The next stab of the knife could have been fatal to the child.  They were basically witnessing an attempted murder.

Other than that, I don't know enough about the situation to second-guess the police.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »
A bullet vs. running over and wrestling the knife away?  A bullet is quicker.  The next stab of the knife could have been fatal to the child.  They were basically witnessing an attempted murder.

Other than that, I don't know enough about the situation to second-guess the police.

ATLANTA (AP) -- Police officers shot and killed a woman in an Atlanta home when she didn't comply with orders to stop stabbing her young daughter, who also died, authorities said Monday.

She had also assaulted her son and threw him out a window.  If anything the bullets were to gentle.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 07:35:35 AM »
Who cares?   She doesn't even deserve an afterthought  :mad:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 08:24:32 AM »

Gina, few are the one time aberrations of life, there must be too many to count of woman out there capable of performing the same act.

What ever happend to the woman that cut off her baby's arms and legs, the almost too horrid to think about mothers that stuff infants into the microwave or cook them alive in the oven???

Every day we hear of missing or dead children that the mothers or their boyfriends off in some gruesome way.

These woman do deserve an after thought, why so many in to days life, was it Abortion laws that made them abort living children, Patrial birth abortion, why not 2 months later, or 2 years later????

People do go nuts and off their entire family's, been that way for the beginning of time.   But, But, we do not live in caves today, on the streets perhaps but I have yet to hear, perhaps I will later, of street people murdering their children.

Very disturbing to me how a woman that aborts one child will give value to the children born to her later.

This woman's neighbors KNEW she was at a breaking point, one neighbor tells of her coming to him to report she had dispelled 7 demons from her body.  Is this so common that the neighbors were so use to crazy people they never gave her a thought???

Not much you or I can do when we live next to a family that is into VOODOO , then comes the shock when they sacrifice a child that we know, see at the bus stop for school or plays with our children.

Why we ask did we ignore the dead chickens in their yard, the number of people visiting and the drums and camp fire burning all night. Is it PC my dear that teaches us to respect the faith of others or our ignorance of that faith. 

Few of us ever encounter TRUE Evil, hard to believe in Evil except on the small side.   The big time Evil we close our minds to, cannot and will not believe anyone so much like us can be this monstrous.

To say this woman does not deserve an after thought is to say the death camps should be forgotten and denied in Europe.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 08:33:36 AM »
Gina, few are the one time aberrations of life, there must be too many to count of woman out there capable of performing the same act.

What ever happend to the woman that cut off her baby's arms and legs, the almost too horrid to think about mothers that stuff infants into the microwave or cook them alive in the oven???

Every day we hear of missing or dead children that the mothers or their boyfriends off in some gruesome way.

These woman do deserve an after thought, why so many in to days life, was it Abortion laws that made them abort living children, Patrial birth abortion, why not 2 months later, or 2 years later????

People do go nuts and off their entire family's, been that way for the beginning of time.   But, But, we do not live in caves today, on the streets perhaps but I have yet to hear, perhaps I will later, of street people murdering their children.

Very disturbing to me how a woman that aborts one child will give value to the children born to her later.

This woman's neighbors KNEW she was at a breaking point, one neighbor tells of her coming to him to report she had dispelled 7 demons from her body.  Is this so common that the neighbors were so use to crazy people they never gave her a thought???

Not much you or I can do when we live next to a family that is into VOODOO , then comes the shock when they sacrifice a child that we know, see at the bus stop for school or plays with our children.

Why we ask did we ignore the dead chickens in their yard, the number of people visiting and the drums and camp fire burning all night. Is it PC my dear that teaches us to respect the faith of others or our ignorance of that faith. 

Few of us ever encounter TRUE Evil, hard to believe in Evil except on the small side.   The big time Evil we close our minds to, cannot and will not believe anyone so much like us can be this monstrous.

To say this woman does not deserve an after thought is to say the death camps should be forgotten and denied in Europe.

Sorry, vesta.  I prefer to spend my time thinking about the victims of crimes and their feelings. 

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 08:46:45 AM »
Sorry, vesta.  I prefer to spend my time thinking about the victims of crimes and their feelings. 

Hi 5

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »

About the only thing that the mother deserved was a nine-pellet load of 00 Buck to the head.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 11:18:55 AM »

I agree about not knowing enough about the story. It seems there's more to it than meets the eye right now.

I'd like to think that the cops acted rationally and properly and am willing to give the benefit of the doubt right now, but when we're talking about multiple firearms being used on a single target, I just don't know. There might've been a better way. I'll do what I can to follow this story.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »
Here's an updated link, but the story doesn't offer much more than the OP.

Apparently the daughter was stabbed to death by the mother, who then was shot and killed by the police. No indication whether or not the daughter (who was autistic) was also struck by bullets.

The woman apparently snapped -- the lights had been turned off for nonpayment and related financial issues.

Link

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 11:32:58 AM »
The woman apparently snapped -- the lights had been turned off for nonpayment and related financial issues.

Still no sympathy for her.  She could have just offed herself.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »
Still no sympathy for her.  She could should have just offed herself.

I exercised some editorial license.  :wink:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
Here's an updated link, but the story doesn't offer much more than the OP.

Apparently the daughter was stabbed to death by the mother, who then was shot and killed by the police. No indication whether or not the daughter (who was autistic) was also struck by bullets.

Link

Sorry Eupher, millions of people due to to days Obama plan are living without power and  she was lucky, she had a roof over her head due to a generous person that charged her no rent.  She had access to food stamps, neighbors allowed her to cook dinner for her and the kids in their home and insured there was drinking water at her home.

She was not living in a car in the middle of winter she did not have to hunt wood chucks for dinner.  

With 2 children she had access to not just food stamps but Votures to help pay for electricity, heating oil and town water. Her 8 year old got 2 free meals at school, and she may still have been getting Wick for the youngest.

Clothing for the kids , no problem Churches donate clothing to the poor, winter coats and what ever they need.
If she could not work for some reason SS should have kicked in with a monthly check.

What more can anyone ask for in to days world, if she had money problems then it was her fault.   Her problem was she did not have a man to help her care for her kids.   She could not figure out how to care for these kids by herself.   So she offed one and threw the oldest out of a window, it became the fault of her children that she was in this situation.    Drugs and booze will do this, guilt for spending any money coming in on drugs, when they cannot pay the utility bill do to  their own actions.

This goes on all over America, what to do with the parents that decide to get rid of kids that have needs  that may interfear with the parents needs?????

Someone up stream on another topic told of how the Russians handle people like this, in a way I have to agree, take the person for a walk, point out the birds in the sky, give them a couple shots of Vodka, then put a bullet in their head-----This is humane.  

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 02:05:32 PM »
vesta -

Ready!

Fire!

Aim!

:whatever:

Vesta, no way in hell was I defending that woman. You misinterpreted my point, which was solely that there was an update, but it didn't contain a lot of additional information. The article made the point that the woman was probably stressed out/maxed out financially.

SS kick in a monthly check, eh? Do you often advocate people going on the public dole?

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 03:55:39 PM »
vesta -

Ready!

Fire!

Aim!

:whatever:

Vesta, no way in hell was I defending that woman. You misinterpreted my point, which was solely that there was an update, but it didn't contain a lot of additional information. The article made the point that the woman was probably stressed out/maxed out financially.

SS kick in a monthly check, eh? Do you often advocate people going on the public dole?

Actually, with an autistic child, the child could probably be put on SSI...she would get $$ based on her own income as her minor child. It sounds like any little bit would help. Of course, OH is thankfully very generous with support of autistic individuals and their families in the interest of keeping them in their homes and out of state care especially as children. My family benefits from this. It allows my son to go to camp and have in home care regularly so I can actually work. Without out, I would not be able to work out of the home anymore then part time and we would be more of a burden on social services since I'm a divorced female with 3 children and very little family or friend support. I can sympathize with the difficulty though of raising an autistic child, especially on your own. It's demanding beyond what anyone here can even comprehend and there have been moments I have thoughts of leaving the mortal coil over the things that happen. But my child? Just can't imagine it, no matter how difficult he is. One thought though, if the woman thought she had demons, she obviously tripped the mental stability line at some point. I do tend to wornder how well her child might have been sleeping. Autistic individuals notorioiusly are poor sleepers. This is a strain, even and especially on me now as a single parent. My boyfriend often worries about my health because I don't get enough sleep. Really if not for melatonin to at least get him to sleep, I'd be screwed in that regard, but it doesn't keep him there. My whole point is lack of sleep is not a good thing for mental health when it is prolonged. This is just sad all around. I admit I have a little more sympathy hearing she ended up detached from reality and is caring, seemingly alone, for an autistic person. It will break someone with lesser strength, it really will. I'm sure i'll get bashed for saying that, but you truly can't understand how difficult it is unless you live with it. I can't understand though what put her at the point of 'this' though. I honestly would just sign my child over to his other parent, extended family who might be able to care for him, or the state before I'd hurt him. I can't fathom it, I just can't, but it doesn't sound like she dwelled in the land of reality anymore to be honest..knowing that makes it sad all around.