Author Topic: WAR NUMBER FOUR. Iran?  (Read 409 times)

Offline Mr Mannn

WAR NUMBER FOUR. Iran?
« on: October 12, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/13/us/iran-sees-terror-plot-accusation-as-diversion-from-wall-street-protests.html?_r=2&hp
From Drudge: Drums of War, Its the headline.

Looks like the Saudis will cooperate with us if we only have the courage to do what is right.

My Opinion: Its been discussed that Obama may launch another war to save his Presidency. And its another way to spend money he doesn't have....money no one will lend to him.

I've no made up my mind on this but I can see both sides. Personally I'm siding with Obama the timid right now...but what do you think? Is this admin capable to wagging the dog?

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
Re: WAR NUMBER FOUR. Iran?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 06:25:24 PM »
The time for that was 1979.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 07:19:06 AM »
i have full faith in whatever the UN thinks is best

:stirpot:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 07:49:39 AM »
i have full faith in whatever the UN thinks is best

:stirpot:

Oooooh, that's gonna leave a mark.  :-)

Seriously, there's no way in hell Obama is going to go to war with Iran. Not now, not ever. It was all he could to do to dodge his mini-war in Libya by dumping the problem in NATO's lap.

Strategically, a ground war against Iran would be very, very difficult and very, very expensive -- both in terms of expense and lives lost. An air-only campaign would be only superficially successful and that right there would be tried in the court of world opinion and the U.S. would lose.

I just don't believe the American people have the will to fight Iran, even as Iran joins the nuke club.

Far more likely, indeed probably has been going on for some time now, clandestine operations against Iran that we'll never hear about, even with Wikileaks going on.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 08:38:48 AM »
In any real legal sense, the Saudis have a casus belli, not us, and they don't seem to want war over it.  We aren't doing shit overtly unless the UN authorizes force, and though Obama may ask for it, after the overreaching Colonialist Cluster**** that Libya became, I don't see the UN General Assembly authorizing use of force with us involved in it for a long time, even assuming he somehow prevented the ChiComs and Russkiis from vetoing it in the Security Council.

So yeah, he'd probably love to do something to get a poll bounce, however he's kind of a prisoner of all his past commitment to the UN and Bush-blaming on previous foreign policy decisions, so I don't think it's gonna happen.

I also don't think anything short of glassing the place would actually accomplish a damned thing, in fact it would invalidate any internal opposition still limping along as 'Tools of the Crusaders.'
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
The hard part is I don't trust Obama any more than I trust Ahmanutjob.  50/50 as to who's lying at any given time.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 12:31:40 PM »
The hard part is I don't trust Obama any more than I trust Ahmanutjob.  50/50 as to who's lying at any given time.

"Both."
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.