Author Topic: My poor kid - what would you say?  (Read 1885 times)

Offline MrsSmith

My poor kid - what would you say?
« on: March 02, 2008, 08:24:13 AM »
So, my kid will turn 11 soon, and we decided to take her on a trip for her birthday.  Mr Smith has a conference in Denver this week, and we flew in last night (her first plane flight).  We're waiting in line at the car rental place and in walks a she-male, dressed for work or party or whatever.  It has huge hair with ribbons in it, long black gloves, short skirt, tight tank-top, tons of bling and black fishnet hose.   ::) 

You should have seen my kid's face.   She was like...  :confused: .  Finally, she whispers, "Mom, I can't tell if that's a boy or girl."  Mr Smith just HAS to say, "It's a guy."  :banghead: 

Well, I guess, Happy Birthday, kiddo...or whatever.  I suppose it could have been worse... 

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline bijou

Re: My poor kid - what would you say?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 12:43:25 PM »
I don't have children so no advice forthcoming here.  Just that someone should set up a business advising trannies how to dress like actual women for public occasions. Men can be relatively unobtrusive in women's clothing if they choose clothes appropriate to their build and colouring.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »
I'm sorry your daughter had to see that, Mrs. Smith.  Some people just don't have any sense.  Last time I saw a tranny that bad, I was in a liquor store picking up some goodies for the holiday.  This six and a half foot tall pale guy with dark, stringy hair is wearing a tank top, leather mini skirt, fishnets, and stiletto heels. 

When I was 11, my family and I were walking along the beach on vacation in Europe and made it to the the 'nekkid' part of the beach.  There were no signs or anything, it just sort of happened.  I wasn't exactly traumatized.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 01:45:01 PM »
All I can say is its better to either tell them the truth or tell them that you;ll talk to them about it someday but ignoring it won't help.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »
I don't have children so no advice forthcoming here.  Just that someone should set up a business advising trannies how to dress like actual women for public occasions. Men can be relatively unobtrusive in women's clothing if they choose clothes appropriate to their build and colouring.
I think he was heading to a party or an, um, job.  Flamboyant doesn't even begin to describe the get-up.  Even the locals at the rental place were all  :o.  

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
All I can say is its better to either tell them the truth or tell them that you;ll talk to them about it someday but ignoring it won't help.
We pretty much left it at, "Some people are weird."   :clueless:  She may be my 5th kid, but I never had this situation come up before.  Of course, my older kids had cable for way too many years...

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 01:49:54 PM »
I'm sorry your daughter had to see that, Mrs. Smith.  Some people just don't have any sense.  Last time I saw a tranny that bad, I was in a liquor store picking up some goodies for the holiday.  This six and a half foot tall pale guy with dark, stringy hair is wearing a tank top, leather mini skirt, fishnets, and stiletto heels. 

When I was 11, my family and I were walking along the beach on vacation in Europe and made it to the the 'nekkid' part of the beach.  There were no signs or anything, it just sort of happened.  I wasn't exactly traumatized.

I'm sure it'll help that no one freaked...but you know, it's pretty cold here.  He could have worn a long coat and been almost completely covered up.  I have to figure he wanted the attention.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »
If I was in your situation and my kid asked me "Was that a guy or a girl?" of course the answer is going to be "It's a guy trying to dress up and look like a girl", and then the inevitable "Why?" At that part, I'd say to my son or daughter, well, that person has problems. He thinks he was born a girl inside a guy's body, but the Lord programs us in a specific way so that we should know. This person obviously has not found God and is confused.

It's a lot better than telling your kid "He's ****ed in the head" (which is the first thing that would come to mind).

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »
Answer in a really loud voice, "I don't know either, lets find out!" Walk up to the person, explain what your childs questions was and have him/her/it answer right there. What's it gonna' do, get mad? It should explain itself and thank you for asking. I did similar things with my kids when they were growing up and they turned out ok, I think.

I mean, it should be proud of itself right? RIGHT?

I laugh and stare at people's stupid tattoos all the time. Especially the morons with tats on their bald heads. Of course it helps that I'm 6 foot and weigh 215 but hey.

They got the right to act stupid, I got the right to laugh!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 05:20:08 PM »
Kids are adaptable and tend to respond in the way they see the adults react.  My little one has seen some incredible sights at work with me with healthcare and because its considered 'normal' to me she doesn't think anything of it.  In our frequent trips to Vegas she gets a bit more exposure to a lifestyle completely different than our small western town and may ask a question or two, which I answer casually and she quickly goes on to other topics.  Of course she is five, so is easily pacified at this point. 

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 05:32:34 PM »
So, my kid will turn 11 soon, and we decided to take her on a trip for her birthday.  Mr Smith has a conference in Denver this week, and we flew in last night (her first plane flight).  We're waiting in line at the car rental place and in walks a she-male, dressed for work or party or whatever.  It has huge hair with ribbons in it, long black gloves, short skirt, tight tank-top, tons of bling and black fishnet hose.   ::) 

You should have seen my kid's face.   She was like...  :confused: .  Finally, she whispers, "Mom, I can't tell if that's a boy or girl."  Mr Smith just HAS to say, "It's a guy."  :banghead: 

Well, I guess, Happy Birthday, kiddo...or whatever.  I suppose it could have been worse... 

Good answer.  And I suspect it is a bigger deal for you than for your kid.  Sadly, kids these days know how weird the world is.

For a follow-up, I would just say, "people like to do strange things to get a reaction -- like blowing boogers (or some similar kid-understandable analogy).  You will always find people who goof off for the reaction."

I think that low-balls it (no pun intended) and is pretty much true.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.