Author Topic: NURSE 'FORCED' TO HELP ABORT FAITH OBJECTOR SUES MT. SINAI  (Read 2029 times)

Offline thundley4

NURSE 'FORCED' TO HELP ABORT FAITH OBJECTOR SUES MT. SINAI
« on: July 26, 2009, 08:34:25 PM »
A Brooklyn nurse claims she was forced to choose between her religious convictions and her job when Mount Sinai Hospital ordered her to assist in a late-term abortion against her will.
The hospital even exaggerated the patient's condition and claimed the woman could die if the nurse, a devout Catholic, did not follow orders, the nurse alleges in a lawsuit.

"It felt like a horror film unfolding," said Catherina Cenzon-DeCarlo, 35, who claims she has had gruesome nightmares and hasn't been able to sleep since the May 24 incident
NYPost

A little more about this and about 0Bama possibly changing the conscience clause.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: NURSE 'FORCED' TO HELP ABORT FAITH OBJECTOR SUES MT. SINAI
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 02:41:14 AM »
Mount Sinai Hospital, how ironic that they name the hospital after the place where God specifically told Moses that murder is wrong. :thatsright:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 02:58:58 AM »
You know when I first read about this it was reported this patient had developed pre-eclampsia, which is very life threatening for which the only cure if delivery.    Then I read another article on this in which the nurse here advised that the patient was never placed on mag sulfate (which honestly, you can't go on it for that long -- this is a brutal drug), and the patient was never deemed to be critical. 

I have a feeling this was a patient that some OB was doing a favor for to get passed the lateness of the abortion request by dx'ing her with pre-eclampsia.    If the patient wasn't critical then the nurse should have been excused.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 07:15:00 AM »
You know when I first read about this it was reported this patient had developed pre-eclampsia, which is very life threatening for which the only cure if delivery.    Then I read another article on this in which the nurse here advised that the patient was never placed on mag sulfate (which honestly, you can't go on it for that long -- this is a brutal drug), and the patient was never deemed to be critical. 

I have a feeling this was a patient that some OB was doing a favor for to get passed the lateness of the abortion request by dx'ing her with pre-eclampsia.    If the patient wasn't critical then the nurse should have been excused.

This is one of those cases when people are placed into a mind set that what they are doing is for the benefit of the patient.  In order to work in that field they have to work on the assumption that what their supervisors are telling them is proper and just.

Just like the Military, one follows orders from their supervisors----not much room for back talk.

If you find it easy  to believe that a nurse will  back a doctor into a corner as she feels the doctor is out of line, and not ask  how that nurse will ever get another job anywhere else.
You just don't know the health care business.

This Nurse was asked to help in a procedure to an UN -known patient, no background information and now jumps in after the fact with her views.

Strange how life bites everyone in the butt sometimes

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:26:31 AM »
This is one of those cases when people are placed into a mind set that what they are doing is for the benefit of the patient.  In order to work in that field they have to work on the assumption that what their supervisors are telling them is proper and just.

Just like the Military, one follows orders from their supervisors----not much room for back talk.

If you find it easy  to believe that a nurse will  back a doctor into a corner as she feels the doctor is out of line, and not ask  how that nurse will ever get another job anywhere else.
You just don't know the health care business.

This Nurse was asked to help in a procedure to an UN -known patient, no background information and now jumps in after the fact with her views.

Strange how life bites everyone in the butt sometimes

The nurse may have known after the fact,but the hospital and the scheduling physician sure knew ahead of time that it was not a life and death situation. Read the article, that is what the lawsuit is about, and the nurse could also tell from the current patient charts as to the emergency.

Not to worry though, under 0Bama the "conscience clause" will become a thing a thing of the past.  The right to kill an unborn baby is the most important thing to a liberal.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 07:40:36 AM »
The nurse may have known after the fact,but the hospital and the scheduling physician sure knew ahead of time that it was not a life and death situation. Read the article, that is what the lawsuit is about, and the nurse could also tell from the current patient charts as to the emergency.

Not to worry though, under 0Bama the "conscience clause" will become a thing a thing of the past.  The right to kill an unborn baby is the most important thing to a liberal.

Ironic, isn't it, that the one right held most sacred is infringed upon more and more everyday in the name of imagined rights(gay marriage, abortion, etc).

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 06:39:39 AM »
Ironic, isn't it, that the one right held most sacred is infringed upon more and more everyday in the name of imagined rights(gay marriage, abortion, etc).

So how can a business owner possibly hire anyone with all those rights people demand ?

Say you own a mom and pop neighborhood gas and some grocery items drinks and beer and wine.

In comes an applicant with 30 years experience managing these operations. They are semiretired and willing to work for $10.00 PH.

You are all happy until your new manager refuses to bag or touch any beer or wine items, will not bag any cold cuts or Bacon, or pork rinds or sell pork hot dogs----

You arrive at a big city airport looking for a cab, it takes you 20 minutes to find a driver that will transport you because you have a bottle of champagne visible in your bags.

A worker has a handicap- they have a medical condition called Torte's Syndrum.  The worker will suddenly begin to curse, bark like a dog, use insults against the customers.

You have a cleaning service and none of your workers will clean the stoves or refrigerator as someone may have cooked  pork or  have it in the fridge, none of your workers will enter a home that has an inside dog for a pet they fear dog hair etc.  It won't be long before cleaning Co, will jack up their price if the home owners are smokers.

You manage a chain restaurant. one of those that has birthday party's.  2 of your staff of 8 are Jehovah Witnesses and refuse to wait on the party or sing Happy Birthday.

All and many more have happend in the last 10 years, and law suits came out of all of them.

Interesting how all this may get really strange in the future.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 06:46:18 AM »
Those are mostly irrelevant to the given story.  The hospital hired her with the understanding that she would not to assist during abortions.  It's different if a person takes a job knowing full well that they will have to do things against their religion and then they complain and file suit about it. I noticed that most of your examples are about the Religion of PeaceTM.  Curiously enough, one of the terrorist standard tactics in each country they infiltrate is to use the legal system against the very country they are living in.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 06:52:05 AM »
So how can a business owner possibly hire anyone with all those rights people demand ?

Say you own a mom and pop neighborhood gas and some grocery items drinks and beer and wine.

In comes an applicant with 30 years experience managing these operations. They are semiretired and willing to work for $10.00 PH.

You are all happy until your new manager refuses to bag or touch any beer or wine items, will not bag any cold cuts or Bacon, or pork rinds or sell pork hot dogs----

You arrive at a big city airport looking for a cab, it takes you 20 minutes to find a driver that will transport you because you have a bottle of champagne visible in your bags.

A worker has a handicap- they have a medical condition called Torte's Syndrum.  The worker will suddenly begin to curse, bark like a dog, use insults against the customers.

You have a cleaning service and none of your workers will clean the stoves or refrigerator as someone may have cooked  pork or  have it in the fridge, none of your workers will enter a home that has an inside dog for a pet they fear dog hair etc.  It won't be long before cleaning Co, will jack up their price if the home owners are smokers.

You manage a chain restaurant. one of those that has birthday party's.  2 of your staff of 8 are Jehovah Witnesses and refuse to wait on the party or sing Happy Birthday.

All and many more have happend in the last 10 years, and law suits came out of all of them.

You are being deliberately obtuse.

So you advocate, given there are millions of other nurses, many of which who are Christian even, who would have assisted in this with infringing on the CONSTITUTIONAL FROM ESTABLISHMENT RIGHT to what has basically turned into religious protection at this point in a hostile society of ONE woman who objected to it? Something tells me if this was just a Philosophical objection to say the death penalty with no religious overtones, the guard would likely have been dismissed from working that area when the death penalty is implemented. No, I think what you miss vesta is we are living in a time where there is a favoritism given to who may practice their deeply held beliefs or object to certain work issues over others. Since  nurses job is so broad, I don't see why one nurse with an objection to ONE procedure should have to scrap a whole career do you? It's not the same as if a Muslim takes a  career where they will be in daily contact with the remnants of a pig. Obviously, that should be objectionable to them as a career, however if they were to take a job in a supermarket and objected to working in the deli counter, I don't think that's a reason for them not to work in that store, do you? Their job would be so broad in scope or so detailed, they shouldn't have reason to be over there anyway. Same applies to the nurse, I would expect her job is so broad in scope that she should be able to be excused from ONE procedure which I should hope happens infrequently anyway. Sounds like someone in management or a doctor had an ax to grind with her over her beliefs(perhaps she was very open about them and we see how moonbats object to religious displays where Christ is involved).

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 07:21:31 PM »

And this somehow equals being forced to assist with murder??    :whatever:  IF the mother's life was truly in immediate danger, there would have been no objection to assisting with saving her life...but that wasn't the case, as she was not given the emergency medications.  The nurse was conned and threatened into taking an innocent human life.

If the conscience clause is destroyed, it will do immense damage to whatever remains of our healthcare system.  A huge percentage of healthcare workers are pro-life...and a substantial percentage of hospitals are owned by pro-life churches and religious organizations.  If all healthcare workers are put in a position where we must assist with murder in order to retain jobs, many will retrain and leave the industry.  Many organizations will shut down their hospitals...or sell them to groups that will expect much higher "profits."  Destroying our ability to say NO to murder will probably cause more damage than Obama's "reforms."

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 06:01:18 AM »
And this somehow equals being forced to assist with murder??    :whatever:  IF the mother's life was truly in immediate danger, there would have been no objection to assisting with saving her life...but that wasn't the case, as she was not given the emergency medications.  The nurse was conned and threatened into taking an innocent human life.

If the conscience clause is destroyed, it will do immense damage to whatever remains of our healthcare system.  A huge percentage of healthcare workers are pro-life...and a substantial percentage of hospitals are owned by pro-life churches and religious organizations.  If all healthcare workers are put in a position where we must assist with murder in order to retain jobs, many will retrain and leave the industry.  Many organizations will shut down their hospitals...or sell them to groups that will expect much higher "profits."  Destroying our ability to say NO to murder will probably cause more damage than Obama's "reforms."

Mrs. Smith, didn't we have this discussed before in the news when Pharmacy's owned by Christians began to refuse to fill prescriptions for birth controll pills.

I have been out of the loop for a while about the issue and I have no idea if the morning after pill is now avable to Americans----

This raises the question of how a woman who lives way out of the city can do if the closest pharmacy to her decides they will not sell her any prescription drug for any reason.

Horror to me if pharmacy's were under the controll of Muslim owners that refused to stock medication containing pork products----like Insulin for instance.

Offline Bill

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »
I noticed that most of your examples are about the Religion of PeaceTM.

Funny I though a lot of those were about Judaism, well the ones about pork anyway. Funny how people see things differently.

The nurse was conned and threatened into taking an innocent human life.

I'd like to hear an independent (outside the hospital) Doctors opinion about her medical condition, and why she wasn't given some meds. There's a world of difference between Doctors and Nurses, maybe the Doc knew something she didn't?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 02:28:45 PM by Bill »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 02:28:57 PM »
Funny I though a lot of those were about Judaism, well the ones about pork anyway. Funny how people see things differently.

Yeah, liberals live in a fantasy world and see things through a skewed perspective of drugs and stupidity.

Offline Bill

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 02:32:42 PM »
Yeah, liberals live in a fantasy world and see things through a skewed perspective of drugs and stupidity.

Excuse me, but it is NOT kosher to eat pork or handle pork. Maybe you should educate your self before you post such stupidity.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 02:53:52 PM »
Excuse me, but it is NOT kosher to eat pork or handle pork. Maybe you should educate your self before you post such stupidity.

But the examples having to do with alcohol are Muslim related.  No comment as to you looking through the haze of drugs and stupidity?  Pity you can't control your temper. The left always has a problem with that.

Offline Bill

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 03:15:57 PM »
But the examples having to do with alcohol are Muslim related.  No comment as to you looking through the haze of drugs and stupidity?  Pity you can't control your temper. The left always has a problem with that.

Oh excuse me I though you had read my original post, let me highlight for you.

Funny that you missed that, and immediately would assume anything intolerant stems from Islam; and the alcohol parts could just as easily be related to Mormonism as Islam.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 04:09:19 PM »
Mrs. Smith, didn't we have this discussed before in the news when Pharmacy's owned by Christians began to refuse to fill prescriptions for birth controll pills.

I have been out of the loop for a while about the issue and I have no idea if the morning after pill is now avable to Americans----

This raises the question of how a woman who lives way out of the city can do if the closest pharmacy to her decides they will not sell her any prescription drug for any reason.

Horror to me if pharmacy's were under the controll of Muslim owners that refused to stock medication containing pork products----like Insulin for instance.
The morning after pills ARE the issue, not birth control pills, no matter how the media skews the story.  Believe it or not, many pro-life pharmacists have been safely doing their jobs for decades without being forced to help murder children...and they demand the right to continue to do the job without murdering children. 

How many jobs do you know that require you to assist with murder?

If it became a new policy for YOUR current job, would you keep it?

Any woman who really, really wants to kill her child has many options besides the closest pharmacist.   ::) 

If insulin had always been made in a kosher way, or a way that does not offend Muslims, and the formula suddenly changed, as in the case of new murder-drugs, then the pharmacy should have the right to demand insulin made in a non-offensive way.  If their patients don't like it, they can simply transfer their scrips to some other pharmacy.

AND, having grown up 30 miles from the closest pharmacy, I can attest to the fact that they sometimes didn't have what we needed.  We would then check with the hospital, and, if they didn't have it, drive another 30 miles to the next town.  Big whoop-di-do.  We'd drive there for cheaper groceries, better selection on school clothes...we could drive there for meds, too. 

Anyone who insists that they should have the right to force people to commit murder can take their offensive belief and shove it up their backside instead of down my throat.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 08:27:43 PM »
I'd like to hear an independent (outside the hospital) Doctors opinion about her medical condition, and why she wasn't given some meds. There's a world of difference between Doctors and Nurses, maybe the Doc knew something she didn't?

Actually we shouldn't have heard anything about this woman's condition.   

That said, the critical status of a patient is not something that can be kept secret by a doctor or staff.   If this patient was critical her chart would have reflected same, and she would have certainly been on mag sulfate to prevent her from coding out (stroke, etc.). 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 08:29:53 PM »
Oh excuse me I though you had read my original post, let me highlight for you.

Funny that you missed that, and immediately would assume anything intolerant stems from Islam; and the alcohol parts could just as easily be related to Mormonism as Islam.

Uh -- all this from the "religion of peace" comment?    :whatever: