Author Topic: Cigarette bandit wore beer carton as disguise  (Read 927 times)

Offline gcruse

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Smells like ... I dunno. Ham.
Cigarette bandit wore beer carton as disguise
« on: May 26, 2009, 11:03:46 AM »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nation/46091222.html
Associated Press
05/26/09 11:47 AM EDT

LINCOLN, NEB. — Police in Nebraska are looking a man who stole cigarettes while disguising himself with a beer carton on his head.

Lincoln police Capt. Bob Kawamoto says the man walked into a Kwik Shop convenience store before dawn Monday wearing an empty Bud Light box on his head as a mask.

Police said the bandit left with nine packs of smokes valued at nearly $50.

Close, but no cigarettes.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Cigarette bandit wore beer carton as disguise
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:09:52 AM »
Police said the bandit left with nine packs of smokes valued at nearly $50.

Does anybody else remember a time when we - as kids - used to be able to buy a pack of cigarettes with our LUNCH MONEY?!?!

Damn this government needs to be rolled the hell back.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline gcruse

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »
Does anybody else remember a time when we - as kids - used to be able to buy a pack of cigarettes with our LUNCH MONEY?!?!

Damn this government needs to be rolled the hell back.
I quit smoking permanently in 1980 when a carton (ten packs) of smokes hit ten dollars.
Too much, I says, and that was that.  The craving was gone in three months, but it took five years to stop dreaming about smoking.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 11:23:05 AM »
I quit smoking permanently in 1980 when a carton (ten packs) of smokes hit ten dollars.
Too much, I says, and that was that.  The craving was gone in three months, but it took five years to stop dreaming about smoking.

I was lucky:  I quit smoking shortly after taking it up, when my mom caught me smoking while I was waiting for a ride home from an after school event.  She made me walk home.  And then, when I GOT home, I was REALLY in trouble.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 11:26:02 AM »
I was lucky:  I quit smoking shortly after taking it up, when my mom caught me smoking while I was waiting for a ride home from an after school event.  She made me walk home.  And then, when I GOT home, I was REALLY in trouble.
...and today, that kind of response makes the newspapers and gets a visit from Child Protective Services and the ACLU.   :banghead:  "How dare a parent caregiver damage that child's self esteem or limit his self expression".   :whatever:  :banghead:

Offline gcruse

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 02:52:29 PM »
Heh.