Author Topic: How about a Texas Free State Project?  (Read 1279 times)

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
How about a Texas Free State Project?
« on: April 23, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »
What if those of us who are very conservative wanted to live amongst other "freedomists" decided to concentrate ourselves in some rural county or counties? How many freedomists would it take to dominate a county enough to privatize roads, libraries and whatever?
The counties I was thinking about are Cottle, Baylor, Borden, King, Knox, Motley, Throckmorton, Stonewall and that area. These counties have between less than a thousand residents to around 4,000/5,000.

Thats a big area for such a tiny population. I am sure they have 6-man football teams. I think there are a few weekly papers out there, such as the Paducah Post etc. I think a radio station would probably be a good idea in order to get information out.

Where can we get some detailed information on these counties, as if we were considering launching our own free state or free counties, project?

I signed up for a proboard message forum under the FreedomClub name. Its not being used though, this might be a good use for it, should someone actually decide to do it.

Ideas, suggestions... remember this is purely theoretical.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: How about a Texas Free State Project?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 04:28:18 PM »
I'm sort of confused about this, though.

Wouldn't it be more useful to infiltrate Democrat-, liberal-, and primitive-saturated areas instead, turning a blue area red?
apres moi, le deluge

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 04:30:33 PM »
I'm sort of confused about this, though.

Wouldn't it be more useful to infiltrate Democrat-, liberal-, and primitive-saturated areas instead, turning a blue area red?

This would be more for people who don't want to live anywhere near a Democrat I think. Just a thought exersize.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 04:40:10 PM »
This would be more for people who don't want to live anywhere near a Democrat I think. Just a thought exersize.

Okay, now I get it.

Now that I get it, it sounds like a good idea.

You know, during the late 1930s, Nebraska was called the "white spot" of the nation, because of the near-nonexistence of state taxes.  Advertised in full-page layouts in Time magazine, and somesuch.

During the late 1970s, voters in one state senatorial district elected some kid wonder, some liberal whiz kid, who scoffed at this idea of being a "white spot," and so during his entire legislative and mayorial career, did his best to make us a "black spot."

I know the guy; he's an ass, he's unemployed, and he's wretched and miserable, as he well deserves to be.  Paying child support to his first wife, and alimony to all his three former wives.  Nobody pays attention to him anymore, and his ego's significantly bruised.  Bad body odor too.

Anyway, he always sold the notion that no, or low, taxes meant a state wasn't worth living in; that one had to have high taxes to elevate the standard of life.

Even though a history major in college, he didn't know shit about history.

If he had known anything about history, he would've known that when Nebraska was the "white spot" of the nation (i.e., no, or low, state taxes) during the 1930s, Mississippi was the "black spot" of the nation (i.e., exorbitant state taxes).

If I had my druthers during the late 1930s, I would've sooner lived in Nebraska, than in Mississippi.
apres moi, le deluge

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »

The counties that I refer to have been losing population as people think there are more opportunities in larger cities and to some extent
that is true I guess. But I'd rather be free on $300 a week than a slave at any price. Plus $300 a week would not be so bad if the cost of living is very very low. Like say, rural Texas.

If this were tried though, I think having some small businesses go too would be a requirement where their businesses are not geographically significant. Like small book publishing companies, internet or mail newsletters and magazines and the kind.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 12:02:41 AM »
well,
I thought it was interesting

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »
If Texas were to seceed [sic] from the union, I'll be getting in line wanting to move there.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »
What if those of us who are very conservative wanted to live amongst other "freedomists" decided to concentrate ourselves in some rural county or counties? How many freedomists would it take to dominate a county enough to privatize roads, libraries and whatever?
The counties I was thinking about are Cottle, Baylor, Borden, King, Knox, Motley, Throckmorton, Stonewall and that area. These counties have between less than a thousand residents to around 4,000/5,000.

Thats a big area for such a tiny population. I am sure they have 6-man football teams. I think there are a few weekly papers out there, such as the Paducah Post etc. I think a radio station would probably be a good idea in order to get information out.

Where can we get some detailed information on these counties, as if we were considering launching our own free state or free counties, project?

I signed up for a proboard message forum under the FreedomClub name. Its not being used though, this might be a good use for it, should someone actually decide to do it.

Ideas, suggestions... remember this is purely theoretical.

We pretty much already do it up here in N.Idaho!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »
but but I wanna stay here if I can... maybe if iit gets bad I might go to Wyoming or Idaho

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 04:48:50 PM »
Hmmm. Texas. Conservative, free, oil producing and WARM weather!
The only downside is I would have to live closer to Ron Paul. Still, I would live there. You bet!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
I'd go back in a hot minute!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »
Hmmm. Texas. Conservative, free, oil producing and WARM weather!
The only downside is I would have to live closer to Ron Paul. Still, I would live there. You bet!

We can make Ron Paul Ambassador to Antarctica

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 06:10:52 PM »
We can make Ron Paul Ambassador to Antarctica

What did the penguins ever do to you?  :-)
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 10:31:06 PM »
Don't let the rhetoric fool you. Texas is no better than many other states any more, mainly due to a couple of reasons. 1.) Too many Yankee Liberals have moved here over the last few decades. 2.) Taxes are outrageously high. While we may not have a personal income tax here, property taxes are exhorbitant and sales tax is 8.25% throughout most of the state. The only thing sales tax isn't charged on is some foods from the grocery store. Even Texas' gun laws need some work. Their concealed carry law pales in comparison to MN.  There is very little public land that I can gun hunt on and NONE in my county. Also, my county has the HIGHEST property taxes in the state!! I'm sorry to burst people's bubbles about Texas, BUT......... Texas is no longer the Texas I knew. Hell, I can't even go to the lake without paying a fee.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 10:44:53 PM »
Yep, too many POS snowbirds moving to Texas from places like Minnesota...hmmm.... :-)
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 10:23:06 AM »
 :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

For the record, I AM a Native Texan........  :tongue:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

For the record, I AM a Native Texan........  :tongue:

I would never question your Texan-ism