Author Topic: Alec Baldwin goes on shooting spree - shoots 2, murders 1  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Muddling 2

Re: Alec Baldwin goes on shooting spree - shoots 2, murders 1
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2021, 07:27:05 PM »
Baldwin stands a chance of getting zero meaningful consequences, on the criminal side. The armorer may, and she was negligent, criminally, IMO. But her pockets are shallow, and Baldwin’s are DEEP. So his consequences will be from the civil lawsuits side - $$ and time responding.

It's amazing how the hoplophobia suffering Left, who seek to blame law-abiding gun owners for the actions of criminals using firearms will close ranks to try to shield Baldwin from responsibility for his homicidal actions.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2021, 07:35:27 PM »
Baldwin stands a chance of getting zero meaningful consequences, on the criminal side. The armorer may, and she was negligent, criminally, IMO. But her pockets are shallow, and Baldwin’s are DEEP. So his consequences will be from the civil lawsuits side - $$ and time responding.

Santa Fe County DA is a Dem who ran unopposed in 2020.  AB is a liberal elite. Worst case he gets to plea to some slap on the wrist misdemeanor.

I suspect he'll settle out of court on civil suits with NDAs to keep this out of the press as much as possible. (But that's just guessing on my part.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 07:47:37 PM by DUmpDiver »

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2021, 07:45:32 PM »

But he is professionally ****ed, which will have to do. Hope he enjoys the late night circuit for as long as he can milk it.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2021, 09:59:47 AM »

But he is professionally ****ed, which will have to do. Hope he enjoys the late night circuit for as long as he can milk it.

Maybe he and Kathy the Griffin could do twosome "comedy" shows. :rimshot:  :bolt:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2021, 10:16:16 AM »
Maybe he and Kathy the Griffin could do twosome "comedy" shows. :rimshot:  :bolt:

Whatever. As long as he's in court for the rest of his life. All good with me.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2021, 10:58:37 AM »
Response to Javaman (Reply #25)Fri Oct 22, 2021, 02:27 PM
Star Member TexasBushwhacker (17,381 posts)
33. They used a non-Union propmaster n/t

Stories I have read and heard on the radio indicate that the  union stage hands (IATSE local 44) walked off the set hours prior to the accident citing previous unsafe incidents on the movie set and were replaced with non-union labor. 

Is it possible that a member of the union was upset at being replaced by non union workers and a live round was loaded into the prop gun to sabotage the credibility of the non union workers?  Not with the intent of actually harming someone, but more of something along the lines of when the live round was fired, the union could say "see, that's what happens when you hire non union amateurs..."

Another source briefed on the situation told The Post that a crew of workers had walked off the film’s set at the Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe, NM, Thursday morning over what they alleged were poor safety protocols, before Baldwin, 63, fired the gun later that day.

The union for the workers who walked off the set claimed the prop gun had a live round in it when it discharged and killed director of photography Halyna Hutchins, 42, and injured director Joel Souza, 48.

The prop gun also misfired twice on Saturday and once during the previous week, the Los Angeles Times reported, citing a knowledgeable crew member who told the paper that “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”
https://nypost.com/2021/10/22/replacement-non-union-worker-was-in-charge-of-alec-baldwins-deadly-prop-gun/
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2021, 11:11:59 AM »
Apparently, the gun was not kept in locked storage, but was used by the crew for "target practice" (which probably means that live ammo was also not in locked storage). It may be that the near-novice armorer was similarly "thorough" in loading and checking the gun before handing it to actors for use in scenes.

Right now I'm more persuaded that it was a whole lot of stupidity rather than some sort of union conspiracy or resentment by Baldwin against the crew member he killed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2021, 11:28:14 AM »
Right now I'm more persuaded that it was a whole lot of stupidity rather than some sort of union conspiracy or resentment by Baldwin against the crew member he killed.

Raw stupidity, absolutely.
If I had to guess based on what I've heard so far, a bunch of honyocks were bringing ammo from home and using the guns "off the clock" for fun time. Some dolt left ammo in at least one of them. Then, carelessness and disregard for all protocol on the part of just about everyone involved led to this.
i don't see anything with malicious intent, but I do see crimes of negligence in their futures. No one will do jail time, and I'm skeptical there will even be any official charges based on where they are, but the tort factor is going to probably bury Baldwin once and for all.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2021, 01:11:58 PM »
I hadn't heard any of the stories about the crew using prop guns for target practice but if true this is industrial strength stupidity which puts a huge liability on the production company for allowing this to happen.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2021, 05:04:15 PM »
I hadn't heard any of the stories about the crew using prop guns for target practice but if true this is industrial strength stupidity which puts a huge liability on the production company for allowing this to happen.

This Hot Air blogpost by Allahpundit summarizes and puts together a lot of what is "known" and analyzes its meaning. Allahpundit is my least favorite Hot Air writer, because (s)he is Never-Trump to an over-the-top degree, and on some issues (s)he is less than well-informed and/or makes things less than clear. BUT in this piece (s)he really puts a lot together and is clear about the implications.

Among other things, (s)he explains why, in the normal course of how things are done, it would have been very unusual for Baldwin to check the gun personally. On the other hand it is very clear the as the producer responsible for hiring capable, safety-conscious (not just gun safety) people, Baldwin failed horribly. And Baldwin failed to take steps to rectify obvious, dangerous, safety issues.

At this point, then, it looks like the Armorer and First Assistant Director may be on the hook criminally, while Baldwin should get clobbered in civil court for his choices and failures to act as producer.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2021, 06:33:12 PM »
Report: Halyna Hutchins Was Shot in Chest When Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/10/24/report-halyna-hutchins-was-shot-in-chest-when-alec-baldwin-fired-prop-gun/

The New York Post reports that Halyna Hutchins, the 42-year-old cinematographer who Alec Baldwin shot and killed on the Rust movie set Thursday, was shot in the chest.

Breitbart News noted Thursday that New Mexico’s Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office was investigating Hutchins’ death after actor Alec Baldwin discharged a prop gun. A second individual, 48-year-old Joel Souza, was also wounded in the shooting.

On Sunday, the Post observed that Baldwin “unknowingly fired a live round, hitting 42-year-old Hutchins in the chest and killing her. Director Joel Souza, 48, who was standing behind her, was also injured.”

Script supervisor Mamie Mitchell called 911 after the shooting occurred.

Mitchell told the dispatcher, “We had two people accidentally shot on a movie set by a prop gun, we need help immediately. We were rehearsing and it went off, and I ran out, we all ran out.”

Hollywood weapons expert Bryan Carpenter talked to the Post and stressed that the No. 1 rule for prop firearms is: “Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being.”

Alec Baldwin did not following first rule.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2021, 07:15:19 PM »
Report: Halyna Hutchins Was Shot in Chest When Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/10/24/report-halyna-hutchins-was-shot-in-chest-when-alec-baldwin-fired-prop-gun/

Alec Baldwin did not following first rule.

My 2 cents from being taught by an NRA instructor on rule #1, on   how to use my gun was ...

Always presume that it is LOADED. 

IMHO ... This most likely-low-priced-production company,  :-) ...

Should have hired an actual NRA official of some type to advise them on the safety precautions necessary while filming with an actual firearm!

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:20:08 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline Delmar

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2021, 09:21:21 PM »
Response to jeffreyi (Reply #1)Thu Oct 21, 2021, 10:57 PM
Star Member NJCher (27,684 posts)
2. story at link tells how

Baldwin was in tears, but the press could not speak to him (obviously).

Something like this is enough to ruin your life for a long, long time

He should join some kind of support group of high profile people who have gone through the same kind of ordeal.  Guys like OJ Simpson, Robert Blake, Robert Wagner, Ted Kennedy, and Fatty Arbuckle.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden