Author Topic: CDC guide to variants of the Chinese Wuhan Red Death virus  (Read 401 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
CDC guide to variants of the Chinese Wuhan Red Death virus
« on: June 29, 2021, 01:26:30 PM »
Because it apparently it was insensitive to name things after the part of the world or country where something derives, the CDC has started using the Greek alphabet designations to describe differing variants of the Wuhan.  And isn't that offensive to Greeks?

But, here we go with the Greek letters and their origin:

The CDC has listed six as "variants of concern (VOC)"

Alpha: The Alpha variant, which is also referred to as the B.1.1.7 variant and was initially detected in the U.K., was identified in the U.S. in December 2020. It’s classified as a Variant of Concern (VOC) by the CDC, and is estimated to be about 50% more transmissible than the original SARS-CoV-2 strain detected in the U.S., and has the potential for increased severity but has minimal impact on vaccine efficacy.

Beta: The Beta variant, which is also referred to as the B.1.351 variant and was initially detected in South Africa, was first identified in the U.S. at the end of January 2021. It’s classified as a VOC by the CDC, and is estimated to be about 50% more transmissible than the original SARS-CoV-2 strain detected in the U.S. Health officials said it significantly reduces impact of certain monoclonal antibody treatments, but remains susceptible to others. It may reduce vaccine efficacy.

Delta: The Delta variant, which is also referred to as the B.1.617.2 variant and was initially detected in India, was identified in the U.S. in March 2021. It’s classified as a VOC by the CDC, and has shown increased transmissibility and the potential to reduce efficacy of monoclonal antibody treatments and vaccines.

Gamma: The Gamma variant, also referred to as the P.1 variant, was initially detected in Brazil and first identified in the U.S. in January 2021. It’s classified as a VOC by the CDC, and significantly reduces the impact of certain monoclonal antibody treatments, but remains susceptible to others. It also may reduce vaccine efficacy.

Epsilon: The Epsilon variants, also referred to as B.1.427 and B.1.429 variants, were first identified in California in February 2021. The variants are labeled VOC by the CDC, and are associated with about a 20% increase in transmissibility, and reduce efficacy of some monoclonal antibody therapies. They are also associated with reduced vaccine efficacy.

The CDC has made note of several others, currently classified as Variants of Interest (VOI), but notes there is limited prevalence or expansion in the U.S. or other countries. The Eta, Iota, Kappa and Zeta variants all fall within the VOI category.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid-19-variants-circulating-us
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: CDC guide to variants of the Chinese Wuhan Red Death virus
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 01:53:54 PM »
Couldn't care less what the CDC says.  :stoner:

They've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're a political organization. They call themselves "scientists" and a few of the dog's bodies just might be, but the upper echelon - just like the FBI, CIA, and the rest of the fed government alphabet soup - is just a collection of political hacks.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 03:26:30 PM »
Beta and epsilon were discovered in the U.S. after xiden started living in the White house.  He did absolutely nothing to stop it from entering our Country and is responsible for any deaths caused by it.

If Delta jumps the ocean and enters the U.S. then same as above.  All xiden's fault!!!
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 04:08:24 PM »
I think this virus is something the left will never let go of because of the power and control it has given them. It will ultimately be the destruction of our constitutional rights.  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 05:27:26 PM »
Couldn't care less what the CDC says.  :stoner:

They've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're a political organization. They call themselves "scientists" and a few of the dog's bodies just might be, but the upper echelon - just like the FBI, CIA, and the rest of the fed government alphabet soup - is just a collection of political hacks.

Agreed.  Only posted this because of the absurdity of political correctness that the CDC/WHO keeps marching in lockstep with.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 05:29:19 PM »
I think this virus is something the left will never let go of because of the power and control it has given them. It will ultimately be the destruction of our constitutional rights.  :thatsright:

Thank you Captain Obvious! :-)

Just joking with you of course, but we all know liberals crave power.  And locking down by means of panic and fear is their favorite play.  Other than blaming anything and everything on white supremacy/racism/structural oppression (you know the drill).