Author Topic: Nina Simone's grandaughter says Kamala Harris 'bullied' her mother to the point  (Read 485 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Nina Simone's grandaughter says Kamala Harris 'bullied' her mother to the point she 'almost killed herself'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nina-simone-kamala-harris-granddaughter-estate-california

Legendary singer Nina Simone’s granddaughter accused Vice President Kamala Harris of causing the family to lose control of Simone's estate while Harris was California attorney general.

"Nina’s granddaughter here," ReAnna Simone Kelly wrote on Twitter on Saturday. "My family doesn’t run her estate anymore. It was taken away from us [and] given to white people. Our family name was DRAGGED in the media. We get NO royalties, nothing. Wanna hold someone accountable? Ask Kamala Harris why she came for my family."

"As I said before, Ask her why she separated my family," she continued. "Ask her why my grandmothers estate is in SHAMBLES now. Ask her why we as her family no longer own the rights to anything. Ask her why she bullied my mother in court and my mom almost killed herself from the depression."

A 2016 settlement regarding the Nina Simone Charitable Trust refers to Harris multiple times for her "primary responsibility for supervising charitable trusts in California" as state attorney general.

ReAnna Simone states that Kamala Harris took away control of Nina Simone's estate.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Never heard of "legendary singer Nina Simone".

Kamala-toe is fundamentally incompetent when there's time to build something, or to solve problems. She's apparently very good at destroying things and people.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Never heard of "legendary singer Nina Simone".

Kamala-toe is fundamentally incompetent when there's time to build something, or to solve problems. She's apparently very good at destroying things and people.

She popularized the concept:  I'm black and I'm beautiful... in the early 70's.  She was one of those entertainers from the 60's who was huge in Europe and didn't really return to America that much. 

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
She popularized the concept:  I'm black and I'm beautiful... in the early 70's.  She was one of those entertainers from the 60's who was huge in Europe and didn't really return to America that much.

Yeah, I read her Wiki page. She was apparently pretty quick on the "racist" trigger, but back in the 50s and 60s, she probably had more reason to bitch about it than the cretins from today.

Lots of musicians fled the U.S. back then. Most of 'em were jazzers - Chet Baker, Stan Getz, Cat Anderson (also settled in France), Dexter Gordon (though he later returned).
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.