Author Topic: Idiot commies can't even sell dope for a profit  (Read 549 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Idiot commies can't even sell dope for a profit
« on: June 15, 2021, 01:25:30 PM »
Many cannabis growers, retailers and manufacturers have struggled to make the transition from a provisional, temporary license to a permanent one renewed on an annual basis — a process that requires a costly, complicated and time-consuming review of the negative environmental effects involved in a business and a plan for reducing those harms.
As a result, about 82% of the state’s cannabis licensees still held provisional licenses as of April, according to the governor’s office.

The funds, including $22 million earmarked for L.A., would help cities hire experts and staff to assist businesses in completing the environmental studies and transitioning the licenses to "help legitimate businesses succeed," Ting said.

The grant program is endorsed by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, who said in a letter to legislators that the money is “essential in supporting a well-regulated, equitable, and sustainable cannabis market."

https://news.yahoo.com/california-offers-100-million-rescue-231502162.html
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Idiot commies can't even sell dope for a profit
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 03:13:17 PM »
slightly off topic but related is a movie on Netflix called "Murder Mountain" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_Mountain_(TV_series) which documents life in Humboldt County and how the weed trade in that area has made for dangerous living. 

There is a segment where they show a former outlaw weed grower who decided to go legit when the state allowed for growers to get a permit in exchange for steep fees along with stringent rules to follow.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 03:47:47 PM »
slightly off topic but related is a movie on Netflix called "Murder Mountain" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_Mountain_(TV_series) which documents life in Humboldt County and how the weed trade in that area has made for dangerous living. 

There is a segment where they show a former outlaw weed grower who decided to go legit when the state allowed for growers to get a permit in exchange for steep fees along with stringent rules to follow.

That's hardly off topic. In fact, it's absolutely on point.

Remember how bent out of shape lefty got over the death of Eric Garner?

It's because they jacked the taxes on cigarettes so high they incentivized criminal activity with people selling bootleg cigarettes. It was tax enforcement that led to his encounter with the police, and subsequently his death.

Make no law you aren't willing to kill a man over.

I see no reason why Garner should have died.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 05:24:42 PM »
What is it about growing weed that endangers the environment such that the bureaucrats insist on an "environmental report" as part of the process for getting a permanent license?

Weed is a plant, right? Needs to be cultivated, right? Chemicals used in the process?  :shrug:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 05:29:19 PM »
What is it about growing weed that endangers the environment such that the bureaucrats insist on an "environmental report" as part of the process for getting a permanent license?

Weed is a plant, right? Needs to be cultivated, right? Chemicals used in the process?  :shrug:

It's the same bullshit they inflict on every other farmer. If they made an exception for pot all the other farmers would have them in court - and those farmers would likely prevail.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 05:33:57 PM »
It's the same bullshit they inflict on every other farmer. If they made an exception for pot all the other farmers would have them in court - and those farmers would likely prevail.

Ah, the law of unintended consequences again.

Then again, regulators gotta regulate. Bureaucracy is their watchword and their mantra. Where would we be without the government running our lives?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 05:39:21 PM »

It's al about the $$$ and growing the goobermint bureaucracy so politicians can dole out high paying do nothing goobermint jobs to friends and family.

It is also about the taxes and making sure the goobermint gets more than it's fair share. With all the restrictions and fees it will wind up fueling the black market where the product will be cheaper.

Since it is a plant if you have a 5 gallon bucket you can grow your own for free.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2021, 07:01:42 PM »
Liberalism and capitalism are simply not congruent.  Egg headed academics who have never had an actual job where one had to work for a living constantly lecture us "rubes" who've actually done something in a capitalist industry and society.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender