Author Topic: Bill Maher takedown: Diagnoses the left with "progressophobia"  (Read 743 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Occasionally Bill Maher can be entertaining and rational, so I'll toss up a few stories about his show last night (which I did not watch).

"Real Time" host Bill Maher closed his show Friday night by knocking liberals who refuse to acknowledge the progress on racial and social issues that's been made in America.

Maher began by diagnosing the left with "progressophobia," a term he defined as "a brain disorder that strikes liberals and makes them incapable of recognizing progress."

"If you think America is more racist now than ever, more sexist than before women could vote and more homophobic than when b---j--s were a felony, you have ‘progressophobia’ and should adjust your mask because it's covering your eyes," Maher told his viewers.

"The chant from gay protesters used to be ‘We’re here, we're queer, get used to it.' Well, we did. This is Pride month and it's not even a big deal anymore. Thirty days of parades and festivals celebrating a cause that was once so divisive, Ellen had to pretend to be straight."

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bill-maher-racial-social-progress

On Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” host Bill Maher said that the coronavirus pandemic is “over” and “how we react to coming out of this is looking like a big liability to the Democrats.”

Maher said, “I think how we react to coming out of this is looking like a big liability to the Democrats. I think somehow — sometimes their whole attitude toward this was a liability.”

After citing a Gallup poll that 71% of Democrats believe that people without COVID symptoms and who are otherwise healthy should stay at home as much as possible, Maher added, “I see people on the street walking outside with a mask on. Like you f*cking moron, I just want to shout at them outside the car, you’re a moron. You never could get it outside, really, and you’re alone walking on the street with a mask?”

Maher further stated, “It’s over. Can we just say it’s over? I know it was great fun to have a pandemic and order Grubhub every night.”

He later added that if you’re vaccinated, you shouldn’t be afraid of people who aren’t.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/11/maher-the-pandemic-is-over-and-how-we-handle-emerging-from-it-looking-like-a-big-liability-for-democrats/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Bill Maher takedown: Diagnoses the left with "progressophobia"
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 04:55:04 PM »
Even a busted clock is right twice a day.

Maher is a stinking turd. Always has been, always will be.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 08:59:34 PM »

Except for a VERY few, if you a leftist you need to pretend to take a moderate position so you can say "I am NOT a leftist" and make money going on interview shows.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 09:26:17 AM »

In some ways, absolutely a turd.  However (and I can't believe I'm semi-defending him), Maher can actually be funny at times.  A pale shadow of talent compared to other HBO comedy legends (Carlin, Dennis Miller, Garry Shandling).

At least I'll give Maher some credit when he exposes the hypocrisy of his own party and they can't take it.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 11:40:12 AM »
In some ways, absolutely a turd.  However (and I can't believe I'm semi-defending him), Maher can actually be funny at times.  A pale shadow of talent compared to other HBO comedy legends (Carlin, Dennis Miller, Garry Shandling).

At least I'll give Maher some credit when he exposes the hypocrisy of his own party and they can't take it.

When "Politically Incorrect" first started on Comedy Central, Maher had 2 liberals and 2 conservatives on most of the time, while he played more of a moderate moderator.  It when down hill pretty quickly after moving to ABC and Maher began to take himself too seriously.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 02:21:49 PM »
They won't acknowledge the progress because they are using it to divide our society and create racial strife for fun and profit.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 07:16:45 PM »

Agreed. He is definitely stepping outside his sandbox when he trashes his own party and his own way of thinking. Which causes one to wonder -- why?

I think he causes both left and right to sit up and take notice - whether or not he's right. And thereby makes himself relevant once again in a very polarized and divisive political climate. Ergo, he cashes in.

If nothing else, Maher is smart. Will definitely give him that.

But if you polish a turd, you still get a turd.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 10:39:41 AM »
When "Politically Incorrect" first started on Comedy Central, Maher had 2 liberals and 2 conservatives on most of the time, while he played more of a moderate moderator.  It when down hill pretty quickly after moving to ABC and Maher began to take himself too seriously.

Exactly, was first really introduced to him on Politically Incorrect back when it aired on Comedy Central and later ABC.

Yes, he's a smarmy leftist at heart but at least he can be entertaining.  The Trump Derangement Syndrome (earlier known as BDS or Bush Derangement Syndrome) hit Maher pretty hard.  These younger acolytes such as Kimmel, COL-BERT, and others just were very damaged by these syndromes.  And they each used to be relatively funny in their own ways, especially Kimmel back on "The Man Show" and "Win Ben Stein's Money".

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 04:54:37 PM »
  And they each used to be relatively funny in their own ways, especially Kimmel back on "The Man Show" and "Win Ben Stein's Money".

And why wasn't Kimmel cancelled already for his girl on trampolines?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 05:15:11 PM »
And why wasn't Kimmel cancelled already for his girl on trampolines?

Because now he's full woketard and his past transgressions don't matter anymore.  Penance paid and now operates as a constant fluffer for the left.