Author Topic: Let the lawsuits begin.  (Read 825 times)

Offline Old n Grumpy

Let the lawsuits begin.
« on: May 25, 2021, 06:25:32 AM »
I am wondering with this vaccine mania going on and hearing about deaths and adverse side effects, how long will it be until the $$ hungry attorneys start advertising on TV for victims?
If a company requires you to get vaccinated to keep your job and you have adverse effects it seems to me there is liability there and any good ambulance chaser should get you a good payday.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Re: Let the lawsuits begin.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 08:29:04 AM »
Wasn't there something in the emergency/rapid approval process that protects the pharmaceutical companies from such lawsuits?  Not saying some ambulance chaser might try to sue a company that required vaccination, but i think the manufacturers are safe. 

Could be wrong, it's hard to keep up with legalese. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline old dog 2

• pork eating infidel
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 08:36:08 AM »
Wasn't there something in the emergency/rapid approval process that protects the pharmaceutical companies from such lawsuits?  Not saying some ambulance chaser might try to sue a company that required vaccination, but i think the manufacturers are safe. 

Could be wrong, it's hard to keep up with legalese.

Yeah the pharmaceutical companies have immunity. 
Truly, whoever can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  - Voltaire

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 09:56:06 AM »
A lawsuit would have to be filed 'years from now', or a good length of time from now...  Which the average family is not going to have the resources to bring forward. 

'Why did such-n-such company fall for Government covid-19 guidelines'... ? 

That's a toughie.  Citizens will have to unite under a Class Action umbrella somehow.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 11:59:31 AM »
There's a risk with any vaccine, even the kind that takes decades to formulate and put through the approval process.

This kind of tort crap is why the aliens won't have anything to do with us. Yeah, the ambulance chasers will be all over this in some way -- we have a shit ton of lawyers in this country and they all have to eat.

:whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 03:12:39 PM »
we have a shit ton of lawyers in this country and they all have to eat.

Do they? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I wasn't thinking of the pharmacutical companies, I meant companies that required employees to get vaccinated in order to keep their job.
Can an employer make you take a vaccination that may be harmful to you with no repercussions?
That is the question.

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 05:37:23 PM »
I think lots of companies will end up like Walmart, Target and others: "If you're fully vaccinated, you are no longer required to wear a mask."  But they are not asking for proof of vaccination.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 05:02:03 AM »
Do they? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I wasn't thinking of the pharmacutical companies, I meant companies that required employees to get vaccinated in order to keep their job.
Can an employer make you take a vaccination that may be harmful to you with no repercussions?
That is the question.

The short answer is yes. Happened to me. I work part-time (pretty much when I feel like it) as an EHS coordinator for a drug compounding company. You could think of it as a mini-pharmaceutical company. Rather than actually manufacture drugs, the company takes already-prepared drugs and compounds them under sterile conditions for health care facilities. Put them into syringes, bags, and other ready-to-go containers.

The interesting thing is, before Covid hit, the company made getting a simple flu shot a condition of employment. I refused to get that shot and told my boss. Also told him I have no medical reason why I refuse to get the flu shot and asked him if he wanted my resignation. He said, nope, you're part-time and work from home about 99% of the time. Yep, that's true, I said.

Sure enough, the HR Manager asked me for proof that I'd gotten the shot. I told her I had not and had talked to my boss about that. The whole matter was dropped. I don't know if anyone was let go as a result of refusing that flu shot -- might've been an empty threat, but they did make it.

The reason I refused to get the flu shot was I was NOT going to allow an employer to tell me what I have to put in my body. I've gotten flu shots before, but it was always my choice - not a requirement.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer. That same employer OFFERED the Covid vaccine (Pfizer) and I took that offer. Was not a requirement. I'm still employed.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 05:07:12 AM »
I think lots of companies will end up like Walmart, Target and others: "If you're fully vaccinated, you are no longer required to wear a mask."  But they are not asking for proof of vaccination.

That's the new policy at Little Rock AFB. At least for patrons of the base exchange, shoppette, medical facilities, commissary. Don't know about employees.

I was entering the shoppette about a week ago when I saw a guy walk out without a mask. I asked him if they had stopped the mask requirement and he chuckled and said, "Yep - if you're fully vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask. And the best part is, they're not allowed to ask you to prove it."

Works for me. Wear the mask if that makes you happy. I will not and if it's still a requirement, I will not frequent that establishment and spend money there.

Offline NJCardFan

• Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2021, 04:00:08 AM »
Couple of things here. #1, I can't see how any employer can mandate anyone get an experimental vaccine and #2, last I looked HIPPA is still a thing and we still have a 4th amendment. I no more have to show anyone proof of a vaccine than I do proof of my last prostate exam. Also, I recently got an antibodies test and it came back positive so why should I have to get a vaccine for something I already have antibodies for?
Leftism Is A Bottomless Pit Of Absurdity

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2021, 10:58:36 AM »
Couple of things here. #1, I can't see how any employer can mandate anyone get an experimental vaccine and #2, last I looked HIPPA is still a thing and we still have a 4th amendment. I no more have to show anyone proof of a vaccine than I do proof of my last prostate exam. Also, I recently got an antibodies test and it came back positive so why should I have to get a vaccine for something I already have antibodies for?

It seems in this day and age those rights only apply to the goobermint, not private corporations, look at how social media has trampled on the first amendment.

The point of having a test for antibodies should be a prerequisite to getting the shot, however the drug companies get paid for selling the vaccine, so they want you to get it weather you need it or not. This whole covid thing has  crushed our rights and shown the left how much they can get away with.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 01:35:59 PM »

You may consider these Covid vaccinations as "experimental," but in the eyes of FDA, they are not. Granted, they fast-tracked the normal approval process (because Covid became a political football), but FDA did sign off on the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. There may be one or two more - AstraZeneca and perhaps another by now - but I'm too lazy to look it up.

I'm no lawyer, but I can't help believing that the company I work for consulted with legal opinion (labor attorneys). I can't imagine any company not consulting with legal representation. The resulting opinion was undoubtedly that yes, those companies CAN make getting a vaccination a condition of employment, unless medical factors preclude such. Your example of antibodies already being in your body certainly would qualify, seems to me, but the upshot is, you're STILL having to prove you don't need the vaccination through medical authority.

HIPAA applies more to safeguarding medical information (electronic, written) than what we're talking about here. Which is why I do not subscribe to putting my medical information online, which is where most of these clinics and hospitals want to put it anymore.