Author Topic: The Greg Gutfeld Show moves to weeknights at 11 pm EST on Fox News  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
FOX News Channel’s (FNC) hit primetime Saturday talk show The Greg Gutfeld Show hosted by Greg Gutfeld will expand to a full weeknight schedule, announced FOX News Media CEO Suzanne Scott. The program will launch in the second quarter of 2021 and air weeknights at 11 PM/ET, followed by FOX News @ Night, which will move to 12 AM/ET, increasing the hours of live and original programming on FNC to 21 per weekday. A replacement primetime weekend program for Gutfeld’s 10PM/ET Saturday evening show will be announced at a later date.

In making the announcement, Ms. Scott said, “People need a reason to laugh. Greg’s unique and irreverent talk show has been an incredible success, often beating the late night broadcast competition, despite its Saturday timeslot. With one of the most loyal and engaged audiences in cable news, we’re thrilled to bring the show to weekday primetime and further solidify Greg’s place among late night television stars.”

Mr. Gutfeld added, “This feels like the perfect next step following the amazing success of the weekend show, which is due in large part to a great staff and a management that lets the show follow its own unique path.  Every day someone comes up to me to ask when are we going nightly, so now that we are,  there will be approximately 3 million people who will claim it’s their idea!”

http://press.foxnews.com/2021/02/fox-news-channels-hit-late-night-program-the-greg-gutfeld-show-moves-to-weeknights-at-11-pmet/

Perhaps finally a true competitor to take on the douche-bags on ABC/CBS/NBC.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: The Greg Gutfeld Show moves to weeknights at 11 pm EST on Fox News
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 03:40:15 PM »
I like Gutfeld.  He's a good one, funny, but straight on with what his opinion is and backs it with facts.  He pisses Juan off to no end, as does Watters.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 04:50:38 PM »
Let's see...  Fox cancels Red Eye, which was innovative and chocked with freshly-irreverent Gutfeldian guests, then gives him one hour (48-minutes) on Saturdays in a formulaic presentation that felt 'forced' and neurotic... but now brings him back to a weeknight-slot?  Got it, I think.

Btw, the Red Eye women were fabulous and fabulously funny.  I predict there'll be a semi-return to that sort of atmosphere. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »
This is probably due to the overall ratings decline. I haven't watched a minute of Fox news Channel since Nov. 6th. That was the first time when I saw them announce Biden as the president elect.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 07:02:19 PM »
Get ready for the shiv, Greg. It'll happen before ya know it.  :p

Was watching his program a few days ago and enjoyed it thoroughly. I couldn't help but wonder, though, how long it was going to be before FNC stuck the knife in his back like they did Dobbs, Pirro, and Bartiromo.

FNC - in a race to the bottom of the ratings. Gutfeld could do well on his own.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 09:55:26 AM »
This is probably due to the overall ratings decline. I haven't watched a minute of Fox news Channel since Nov. 6th. That was the first time when I saw them announce Biden as the president elect.

Understandable.  Only flip Fox News on occasionally in the evenings if there isn't a sporting event that I'd rather be amused by, although that is getting more difficult with the massive virtue signaling being shoved in our faces.  The opinion hosts on FNC in the evening are still pretty good (Tucker, Hannity, Laura).

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 09:57:57 AM »
Let's see...  Fox cancels Red Eye, which was innovative and chocked with freshly-irreverent Gutfeldian guests, then gives him one hour (48-minutes) on Saturdays in a formulaic presentation that felt 'forced' and neurotic... but now brings him back to a weeknight-slot?  Got it, I think.

Btw, the Red Eye women were fabulous and fabulously funny.  I predict there'll be a semi-return to that sort of atmosphere.

Admittedly I became a big fan of Gutfeld about 5 years ago and sadly never actually watched Red Eye when he was the host.

Now I'm going to have to adjust my nighttime plans to watch rather than head early to bed.  Hopefully it'll be worth my time.  He's such an acerbic and sardonic but truthful and entertaining host with spot-on opinions.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 03:03:55 PM »
The last time I saw Red Eye was a NEW Years Eve show with Patti Ann Browne in a skimpy outfit.

https://iv1.lisimg.com/image/16450002/660full-patti-ann-browne.jpg
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 04:04:26 PM »
The last time I saw Red Eye was a NEW Years Eve show with Patti Ann Browne in a skimpy outfit.

https://iv1.lisimg.com/image/16450002/660full-patti-ann-browne.jpg

Yum!

Wish I watched those antics.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 04:02:50 PM »
Forgot to post an update:

Fox News' late-night program 'Gutfeld!' to kick off on April 5

Greg Gutfeld promises his program won’t be ‘bland as string cheese’ like other late-night shows

Fox News Channel host Greg Gutfeld’s new weekday program "Gutfeld!" will debut on Monday, April 5, the network announced on Wednesday, and the namesake host feels it will stand out from boring late-night competition.

"If you cannot tell the other late night shows apart, join the club. They're as bland as string cheese and not nearly as appetizing. It's the same jokes, the same assumptions, probably the same writers, all reading the same columns from the same hacks in the New York Times. So we aren't going to be like them," Gutfeld said.

"If you want something different, that isn't afraid to take a risk and call out hypocrisy on all sides, check out ‘Gutfeld!’ And if you don't, no hard feelings. Although I will hate you forever," he added.

Gutfeld will continue as co-host of "The Five" in addition to hosting his new late-night program. The highly rated "The Greg Gutfeld Show" will air its final episode on Saturday before the namesake host expands his late-night offerings to five nights per week at 11 p.m. ET.

"People need a reason to laugh. Greg’s unique and irreverent talk show has been an incredible success, often beating the late night broadcast competition, despite its Saturday timeslot. With one of the most loyal and engaged audiences in cable news, we’re thrilled to bring the show to weekday primetime and further solidify Greg’s place among late night television stars," FOX News Media CEO Suzanne Scott said last month when plans were first announced.

"FOX News @ Night" with Shannon Bream will move to 12 a.m., increasing Fox News’ original weekday programming to 21 hours per day.

"Gutfeld!" will examine the news of the day with a satirical approach that aims to offer refreshing and light-hearted takes on headlines.

Comedians Joe DeVito and Joe Machi will join the "Gutfeld!" team, along with multiple FNC personalities, actors, politicians, veterans, and comedians. FNC contributor Tom Shillue will also be featured on "Gutfeld!"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-new-late-night-program-gutfeld-april-5

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 05:40:20 PM »
Tom Shillue did a great Adam Schiff.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »
Tom Shillue did a great Adam Schiff.

Speaking of which, Tom & Kat doing a Biden/Pelosi combo platter:

https://youtu.be/x43HVr_nouk

And Kat Timpf does both a Pocahontas Warren and Jen Psaki impersonation.

https://youtu.be/FFvaXprhaKc

https://youtu.be/2sG7aKFRKdM

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 08:27:22 PM »
The location sounds like it'll be in NYC. 

When you think about it, that sucks... on about 20-levels.  I kinda wish they do the show in Tampa, Miami, or I'd accept Boston I guess... places with in-'n-out airports and hotel-space.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 09:23:22 PM »
The location sounds like it'll be in NYC. 

When you think about it, that sucks... on about 20-levels.  I kinda wish they do the show in Tampa, Miami, or I'd accept Boston I guess... places with in-'n-out airports and hotel-space.

Agreed.  Have no plans to visit NYC or California anytime soon.  Seems that a lot of folks are moving to Texas, Florida or Nashville, and it could be somewhat revolutionary to move Fox News headquarters somewhere more friendly.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2021, 11:04:08 AM »
Fox News late-night show 'Gutfeld!' nears top of ratings race

Fox News host Greg Gutfeld's new late-night show recently topped traditional late-night broadcast shows "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" and "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" in ratings, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Gutfeld!” averaged 1.6 million viewers for the week ending May 14, beating Kimmel on ABC and Fallon on NBC, though it trailed CBS's “Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” Nielsen data shows.

May 13 was the Fox show’s best night so far, with 1.8 million viewers, placing second only to Colbert's show, which drew 1.9 million viewers. Gutfeld's show beat Colbert slightly in the key 25- to 54-year-old demographic.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/554203-fox-news-late-night-show-gutfeld-nears-top-of-ratings-race

:nelson:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2021, 01:12:29 PM »
Gutfeld has a special kind of snark. More insidious and dangerous than that of Jesse Watters.

Those other clowns - Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel - just need to pack it in. I don't know of anyone who watches that garbage from my demographic.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2021, 07:04:29 PM »

Perhaps finally a true competitor to take on the douche-bags on ABC/CBS/NBC.

Fox News’ ‘Gutfeld!’ Beats Colbert In Late Night Show Viewers, Key Age Demographics

Fox News’ recently launched late-night show “Gutfeld!” surpassed every other late-night show in viewership, including CBS and Stephen Colbert’s “Late Show,” on Tuesday night.

According to data reported by The Wrap, “Gutfeld!” took a total average of 2.120 million viewers. The Fox News show bypassed Colbert in the coveted 25-to-54 age demographic as well with an average of 434,000. Colbert’s “Late S1how” grabbed an average of 1.896 million viewers and 423,000 in the key demographic.

The third show to top the late-night charts was Jimmy Fallon’s “Tonight Show,” which airs on NBC and had 1.216 million viewers and 354,000 in the key demographic. Since “Gutfeld!” launched in April of this year, the show has routinely averaged a higher viewership than Fallon’s.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fox-news-gutfeld-beats-colbert-in-late-night-show-viewers-key-age-demographics

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2021, 07:37:06 PM »
Fox News’ ‘Gutfeld!’ Beats Colbert In Late Night Show Viewers, Key Age Demographics

Fox News’ recently launched late-night show “Gutfeld!” surpassed every other late-night show in viewership, including CBS and Stephen Colbert’s “Late Show,” on Tuesday night.

According to data reported by The Wrap, “Gutfeld!” took a total average of 2.120 million viewers. The Fox News show bypassed Colbert in the coveted 25-to-54 age demographic as well with an average of 434,000. Colbert’s “Late S1how” grabbed an average of 1.896 million viewers and 423,000 in the key demographic.

The third show to top the late-night charts was Jimmy Fallon’s “Tonight Show,” which airs on NBC and had 1.216 million viewers and 354,000 in the key demographic. Since “Gutfeld!” launched in April of this year, the show has routinely averaged a higher viewership than Fallon’s.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fox-news-gutfeld-beats-colbert-in-late-night-show-viewers-key-age-demographics

I don’t get to watch it often, but I enjoy it when I do.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2021, 08:15:22 PM »
Unfortunately, FOX is not to be trusted.

"...Fox News was caught by Liz Harrington doing a “jump edit” to cut out a response by President Trump during the Dan Bongino television program.  ...

Today, in another transparent effort to manipulate their preferred narrative, Fox News did it again with Joe Biden’s press conference response....You will notice something weirdly missing in the answer from Joe Biden....

It is clear an intentional edit took place to remove the embarrassing response from Biden.

However, it doesn’t stop there….

(If you) check out the PBS Version….

(You will see that) the plot thickens, as PBS did the same thing (and they are two different feeds)…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2021/08/20/fox-news-and-pbs-have-mysterious-edits-in-their-uploaded-replay-versions-of-joe-bidens-press-conference-today/
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."