Author Topic: Alec Baldwin goes on shooting spree - shoots 2, murders 1  (Read 2069 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Alec Baldwin goes on shooting spree - shoots 2, murders 1
« on: October 21, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »
NJCher (27,649 posts)

A woman was fatally shot by a prop firearm on an Alec Baldwin movie set
Source: NPR

SANTA FE, N.M. — The director of photography on a movie starring Alec Baldwin has been killed and the film's director injured, according to the sheriff's office of Santa Fe County, N.M. They were shot by a prop firearm that was discharged by Baldwin, who is also a producer on the film.

Halyna Hutchins, 42, the director of photography, was airlifted to the University of New Mexico hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The second victim, director Joel Souza, 48, was being cared for at Christus St. Vincent Medical Center.

The investigation is ongoing and authorities say no charges have been filed in this incident. Detectives are continuing to be interview witnesses.

Production has been halted on the Western movie "Rust," which is being directed by Joel Souza with Baldwin producing and acting.

Read more: https://www.npr.org/2021/10/21/1048246249/woman-killed-alec-baldwin-film-prop-firearm-new-mexico

More at link, including photographs.

He's such a hothead, I wonder what they did to provoke him to go on his murderous spree? Anyway, Alec Baldwin: murderous gun nut.

Just calling it like DU would - remember when Cheney accidentally shot a guy but didn't murder him? DU went NUTS. So, here you go, DUmmies. One of yours is now a gun humping murderous gun nut who belongs in prison forever.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Alec Baldwin goes on shooting spree - shoots 2, murders 1
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 10:11:45 PM »
More liberal on liberal violence. Meh.

At least the chances we’ll have to listen to Alex Baldwin’s stupid political viewpoint could be put on hold for a week. Maybe longer if we’re lucky.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 10:16:42 PM »

At least the chances we’ll have to listen to Alex Baldwin’s stupid political viewpoint could be put on hold for a week. Maybe longer if we’re lucky.

He murdered a woman, and given his history with violence, I'm guessing she offended him somehow so he busted a cap in her. Maybe they're shooting the movie in Chicago and he felt even more entitled? Anyway, he needs to be in prison for the rest of his life.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 02:12:21 AM »
Maybe they stopped closing.

According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 07:23:26 AM »
SANTA FE, N.M. — The director of photography on a movie starring Alec Baldwin has been killed and the film's director injured, according to the sheriff's office of Santa Fe County, N.M. They were shot by a prop firearm that was discharged by Baldwin, who is also a producer on the film.

1. Hollyweird is using real guns as props? :o

2. The prop gun was loaded with real bullets? :o

3. Baldwin (or any other actor) was allowed to handle a real, loaded, gun without very serious safety training and a sidekick monitoring every moment he held the gun? :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Any 12YO who's taken a Hunter's Safety course (that was what it was called when I took it, through an NRA instructor) knows two rules: 1. Don't point your gun at people, close or far; 2. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are about to shoot - whether skeet or game. Obviously, Baldwin moronically (please forgive that redundancy) ignored or was ignorant of those basic safety rules. What are the odds Baldwin was "lit" or "well oiled", violating another basic safety rule?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 08:20:02 AM »
How do you accidentally shoot 2 people with a gun that is not fully automatic?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 08:24:14 AM »

Guns don't kill people, liberals kill people.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2021, 09:21:26 AM »

By being a complete asshole who is clearly playing around, pointing a gun at people and "pretending" to shoot them. Alec Baldwin murdered someone and gravely injured another, period. He will get a pass because he doesn't like Republicans, and soon it will be the fault of some poor wage-earner stagehand, but the clear-eyed world knows full well that a liberal with proven, documented anger issues picked up a gun and murdered someone. And that's all there is to that.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2021, 09:40:27 AM »
Pure speculation on my part. This was a movie set. Likely this was a close up of Baldwin shooting so he was aiming the gun at the camera and fired like he has done a hundred times. People behind the camera were hit.

~~that said. Real bullets in a prop gun is a detective show cliche. Even Columbo knows this was no accident.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2021, 09:45:49 AM »
The gun fired itself.

I think I heard that one already this morning.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2021, 11:35:03 AM »
Blanks can kill at close distance.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »
Blanks can kill at close distance.

That was a possibility that didn't occur to me earlier this AM. I blame under-caffeination. :-)
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 12:27:31 PM »
Given the wall to wall attention this unfortunate event is getting, what big event or announcement that actually affects people happened yesterday that the drivebys are distracting us from?  Knee jerk reaction is Biden going off script and saying we would defend Taiwan from a Chinese attack during his townhall meeting last night.  Any other possibilities?
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2021, 12:59:05 PM »
Maybe they stopped closing.

She beat him at 'words with friends'
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2021, 02:24:05 PM »
The current story, from a union local's email, is that the prop master accidentally gave Baldwin a regular gun loaded with a live round. In that possible scenario, Baldwin didn't know he had a live round, fired "into" (near) the camera, the bullet went through the woman who died, and wounded the second person, who was behind her. At close range just about anything larger caliber than a .22 LR or .25 ACP would do that (and maybe those calibers would as well).

Knowing how the "news" works, it'll probably be a day or two before what happened is reasonably known. One possibility that would fit with the above would be that the prop master had two similar prop guns prepped for two scenes, one loaded with blank(s), one with live round(s), and he gave Baldwin the wrong prop gun for the scene being shot.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2021, 02:53:07 PM »
The current story, from a union local's email, is that the prop master accidentally gave Baldwin a regular gun loaded with a live round. In that possible scenario, Baldwin didn't know he had a live round, fired "into" (near) the camera, the bullet went through the woman who died, and wounded the second person, who was behind her. At close range just about anything larger caliber than a .22 LR or .25 ACP would do that (and maybe those calibers would as well).

Knowing how the "news" works, it'll probably be a day or two before what happened is reasonably known. One possibility that would fit with the above would be that the prop master had two similar prop guns prepped for two scenes, one loaded with blank(s), one with live round(s), and he gave Baldwin the wrong prop gun for the scene being shot.

Do they have any good reason for using live ammo on a movie shoot?   I've long thought everything was blanks, never thought about why until reading your post. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Karin

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2021, 03:22:14 PM »
There was apparently one live bullet in that gun.  This is quite the mystery.  Who put it there?  Some loon on twitter speculated it was a Trump supporter, who was trying to get back at Alec for doing his impressions on SNL.   :lmao:

This is why I don't have a twitter account.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2021, 03:39:50 PM »
Do they have any good reason for using live ammo on a movie shoot?   I've long thought everything was blanks, never thought about why until reading your post.

No. Real ammo should never be anywhere near a movie set. (Except maybe holstered on trained professional security.)

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2021, 04:11:44 PM »
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set
Alec Baldwin ‘Rust’ -UNION- camera crew walked off the set in protest before the fatal shooting
The shooting occurred about six hours after the union camera crew left.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2021, 04:13:55 PM »
No. Real ammo should never be anywhere near a movie set. (Except maybe holstered on trained professional security.)
The trained professional is the part that confuses me.  On any TV or movie set that has an open flame effect other than a candle, a licensed pyrotechnician with a theatrical rating must be present any time the device us in operation.   This can range from a propane burner buried in rocks and fake logs to simulate a campfire up to a massive fuel/air explosion to simulate a plane crash or building.

Doesn't the entertainment industry also have similar requirements in regards to trained safety personnel being  present anytime a loaded firearm is to be used during a movie shoot?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2021, 06:32:45 PM »
The trained professional is the part that confuses me.  On any TV or movie set that has an open flame effect other than a candle, a licensed pyrotechnician with a theatrical rating must be present any time the device us in operation.   This can range from a propane burner buried in rocks and fake logs to simulate a campfire up to a massive fuel/air explosion to simulate a plane crash or building.

Doesn't the entertainment industry also have similar requirements in regards to trained safety personnel being  present anytime a loaded firearm is to be used during a movie shoot?

Well, unions are involved in this kerfuffle which always adds a lot of extraneous and worthless stooges to be "on the job".

Granted, I don't know what stringent requirements you have for your specialty.  But goodness knows I'm not going to try and educate someone who knows 1000 times more than I do on a given subject.

Naturally DUmmies just opine on whatever they see with reckless authority.  Especially when they know ZERO about the subject.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2021, 06:46:03 PM »
Alec Baldwin facing backlash for 2017 tweet questioning 'how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone'
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-facing-backlash-tweet-questioning-wrongfully-kill-someone

Actor Alec Baldwin is facing criticism for a 2017 tweet he posted in which he questions "how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone."

On Thursday, Baldwin, 63, was at the center of a Hollywood tragedy that unfolded on the set of the movie "Rust." Authorities said that Baldwin fired a prop gun on a movie set that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. Director Joel Souza was identified as the crew member taken to the hospital. He has since been released, "Rust" star Frances Fisher claimed on Twitter.

Twitter users are now zeroing in on Baldwin's past social media activity and one glaring tweet he posted on Sept. 22, 2017 reads: "I wonder how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone..." The tweet also included a link to a Los Angeles Times article about a Huntington Beach police officer who was captured on video struggling with a suspect in a parking lot of a convenience store before shooting the man several times, killing him.

"this did not age well," one Twitter user wrote on the thread of Baldwin's tweet.

Tweets in question

AlecBaldwin
@AlecBaldwln____
I wonder how it must feel to wrongfully kill someone...

https://twitter.com/AlecBaldwln____/status/911425278123048960

AlecBaldwin
@AlecBaldwln____
...@JohnJohnpitt11

You hook your friends with that line?
Shoot em in the face?
Cheney style?
12:09 PM · Oct 30, 2015·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/AlecBaldwln____/status/660141371232296960
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2021, 06:49:36 PM »

I've been over this in my head more than a few times, but I simply can't get past one thing. Now this is just a personal opinion, mind you, but I consider it valid.
If I were "acting" in this capacity and was handed a gun, there is no way in sam hell I would point it at another human and pull the trigger unless I had done the check on it MYSELF. I mean, I even get a little itchy watching people point toy guns at others. It's just burned into my brain so deep..  and even after I checked and was sure the gun was loaded with simple blanks, I would still be real hesitant to do it. It makes me extremely uncomfortable just thinking about it. Maybe he's not allowed to open it up and look? I dunno man, but I'd never trust another person at that level, I have to see it for myself or I'm not doing it.
I know it's part of the job, but I still believe Baldwin carries some of the burden here. Rumor is also flying that they he was just assing around with the gun when it happened. I've no idea how true any of that is.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2021, 03:02:09 AM »
The DUmp has it whittled down to two possible options:

Trump did it (of course):

Chin music (13,085 posts)

3. Such a good dude. And Democrat.

Nobodies perfect in our regular lives, but, there's no way this would have happened had he had the slim'est clue.
trmp hated him for mocking him. Anybody check that angle?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215974432#post3

And sabotage:

Hugh_Lebowski (25,260 posts)

2. Depressing ... but I do kinda wonder if there wasn't a saboteur ... not saying there WAS, but ...

I won't be terribly surprised either way.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215974468#post2

So apparently in DUmpland the possible reason for this accident may congeal into "Trump hiding in the grassy knoll" which is an slight upgrade from cops in bushes.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2021, 05:09:27 AM »
I wonder who'll play him on SNL... ?