Author Topic: Tea Party rally in Southwest Virginia town  (Read 2694 times)

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Tea Party rally in Southwest Virginia town
« on: April 03, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »
Back on March 19th, a poster to DU boasted that he went to an Ohio COFFEE Party.  It drew about 15 people....

I went to a Coffee Party in Ohio

Near where I live, there is the small town of Chilhowie, VA, population of about 1,900 people.  They had their first Tea Party recently, and the crowd was estimated to be close to 80....

Published: April 2, 2010
Crowd gathers for first Tea Party meeting

By DAN KEGLEY/Staff

A week ahead of Thursday’s meeting to gauge interest in the formation of a Southwest Virginia Tea Party, organizer Ron Blevins could not guess how many would show up.

“Might be 10, might be a hundred,” he said.

The upper figure was not far off. While people came and went through the evening, a rough count in the standing-room only community room in Chilhowie’s town hall tallied about 80. They ranged in age from a few pre-teens to seniors. Two-thirds were male.

In the group were veterans, retirees, working families. Some professed with a show of hands to have voted Democrat, but many more hands went up when the question was asked of Republicans...

Crowd gathers for first Tea Party meeting.

:cheersmate:

Not bad for a bunch of "ignorant, redneck hicks"....   :II:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Woodhick

• Just Off Probation
Re: Tea Party rally in Southwest Virginia town
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
I lived in Independence Va and traveled through Chilhowie nearly daily on I81. There are some very nice folks in S.W. Va. I enjoyed liveing there.
GUN CONTROL is Hitting Your Mark The First Shot !!!

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 05:24:53 PM »
I live about 40 miles from there, in Wytheville.

I know where Independence is, from here, you have to go thru Elk Creek, down US 21 S.....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 10:25:32 PM »
Goo for them I hope more and more towns start to have them
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline Woodhick

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »
I live about 40 miles from there, in Wytheville.

I know where Independence is, from here, you have to go thru Elk Creek, down US 21 S.....
Yep I know where your located. The blue ridge is a buetaiful are to live.
GUN CONTROL is Hitting Your Mark The First Shot !!!

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 09:14:42 PM »
Yep I know where your located. The blue ridge is a buetaiful are to live.

No, the most beautiful place is in the valley between the Blue Ridge & Shenandoah Mts.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson