Author Topic: Mass. Police Dept. That 'Acted Stupidly' Endorses Brown  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Mass. Police Dept. That 'Acted Stupidly' Endorses Brown
« on: January 16, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »
From "Hot Air":
Not a shocker: Police department that “acted stupidly” endorses Brown
posted at 9:24 am on January 16, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

In July, the very last time Barack Obama held a press conference, Obama took the time to offer his thoughts on the professionalism of the Cambridge Police Department in their arrest of his friend Henry “Skip” Gates.   After saying that Sergeant James Crowley “acted stupidly” despite not having “all the facts,” several of Crowley’s colleagues expressed their support of him by announcing that they wouldn’t vote for Obama in 2012.  Their union has found a way to make their displeasure known much earlier — by endorsing Scott Brown over Martha Coakley

-endorsement-

There are a couple of points of embarrassment here.  First, Coakley’s husband, as Killion notes, was a former Cambridge police officer.  Not only didn’t that give Coakley an edge, the 11-2 vote shows that it didn’t make much difference at all.  Note too that the union opposes Coakley expressly on ObamaCare, but from the perspective of protecting their collective bargaining ability.  They’re accusing her of being more or less anti-union, an interesting charge coming from any union towards a Democrat.

more

If you were to try to bite a battleship, what would it taste like? Oh. Irony.  :lmao:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline zeitgeist

Re: Mass. Police Dept. That 'Acted Stupidly' Endorses Brown
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:33:30 PM »
Wonder if Barry will catch up with Skippy tomorrow for a few beers at Bukoski's.   :uhsure:

Lots of Brown and Coakley commercials running on Fox.  His are uplifting hers are desperate.
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »
From "Hot Air":

more

If you were to try to bite a battleship, what would it taste like? Oh. Irony.  :lmao:

Nope, from one who has painted those suckers  WT doors scuttles and hatches, you would have to bite through layers of red lead and that ugly battleship gray paint.

Sorry Thor I could not resist, this subject makes me actually physically ill.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »
I love it. When DingleBarry was annointed, the Lame Stream Media declared the Republican party DOA. Now that DingleBarry has shown what a crooked, inept, empty suit he is, Americans are running like Hell to our side. Come november, we may start to wake up from this national nightmare. And after only 1 year in office Blammo is already on the verge of being a Lame Duck President, unless he and ballerina-boy Rahm Emanuel can create a national crisis.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 06:09:29 PM »
I love it. When DingleBarry was annointed, the Lame Stream Media declared the Republican party DOA. Now that DingleBarry has shown what a crooked, inept, empty suit he is, Americans are running like Hell to our side. Come november, we may start to wake up from this national nightmare. And after only 1 year in office Blammo is already on the verge of being a Lame Duck President, unless he and ballerina-boy Rahm Emanuel can create a national crisis.

What can be done ?

If it involves anything looking like terrorism people will refer back to the "I am going to make your jobs harder" speech and blame Das ObammenFürer for making the job too hard.

Economic Disaster ? He will eat a shovelfull of crap if all the money he has spent is proven to be wasted before he leaves office.

All that leaves is a natural disaster to save his bacon - and that's not likely beyond California's  four yearly seasons ; Earthquake, Drought, Fire, and Mudslide.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 10:16:07 AM »
All that leaves is a natural disaster to save his bacon - and that's not likely beyond California's  four yearly seasons ; Earthquake, Drought, Fire, and Mudslide.

I betcha the people in CA love you for saying that. Too funny though.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
I betcha the people in CA love you for saying that. Too funny though.

What can I say ? I'm just speaking troof-2-pawah.  :lmao:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »
Wonder if Barry will catch up with Skippy tomorrow for a few beers at Bukoski's.   :uhsure:

Lots of Brown and Coakley commercials running on Fox.  His are uplifting hers are desperate.

And when you watch them back-to-back like I've been forced to endure all weekend, it's a night-and-day scenario.  Only problem is, her "Flutie moment" isn't gonna end up beating Miami, or anyone else.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford