Author Topic: Reputation! Good & Bad  (Read 13244 times)

Offline new england yankee

• Probationary (Probie)
Reputation! Good & Bad
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »
I've been looking around for an explanation regarding a poster's reputation.  What it all means.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
:usflag:

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
Re: Reputation! Good & Bad
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »
I've been looking around for an explanation regarding a poster's reputation.  What it all means.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Well........ it's SUPPOSED to be that IF someone likes your posts or whatever, they can high 5 you and if they don't, they can bitch slap you. However, because of certain penis envy contests, it's abused. Because of that, it really doesn't mean much of anything. There is no "prize or punishment", good OR bad.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
Well........ it's SUPPOSED to be that IF someone likes your posts or whatever, they can high 5 you and if they don't, they can bitch slap you. However, because of certain penis envy contests, it's abused. Because of that, it really doesn't mean much of anything. There is no "prize or punishment", good OR bad.

He who has the most BS's wins?   :-) 

And for the record, I envy no penis.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline cavegal

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »

:lmao:  Funny!

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 01:06:41 PM »

But you do like them?

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »

Was there an ample supply of testosterone involved in those penis envy contests?

I figured it was a good post / bad post thing and I've been looking around for where one does positive rep another, but found nothin'!  Since it doesn't mean much anymore, I'll ignore the fact that I have more neg rep than positive.  Keep in mind people ... I'm a lover not a fighter and I'll defend my conservatism to the death!  So all you liberal progressives can attempt to increase my neg rep all you want!

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
When you are viewing posts, look below a person's avatar, and you will see the High Five/Bitchslap option.  However, you may not see them until your post count exceeds a certain amount.  I could be wrong.  Don't quote me on that. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 01:11:09 PM »
But you do like them?

yes.  And I am not going to go further with this conversation, lest it get moved to the Short Bus.  Suggestions and feedback shouldn't get to the short bus.   :p

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »
yes.  And I am not going to go further with this conversation, lest it get moved to the Short Bus.  Suggestions and feedback shouldn't get to the short bus.   :p
It would be a first.

Actually, Schade may have beat you there.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »
When you are viewing posts, look below a person's avatar, and you will see the High Five/Bitchslap option.  However, you may not see them until your post count exceeds a certain amount.  I could be wrong.  Don't quote me on that. 

'quoting' you!

Yeah, I don't see that option.  I think you might be right about the post count.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 01:27:35 PM »
'quoting' you!

Yeah, I don't see that option.  I think you might be right about the post count.

I believe the magic number is 50.   :whistling:

Offline TVDOC

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 01:36:35 PM »
'quoting' you!

Just for asking a good question, I fixed yours for you temporarily.....when you reach 50 posts, you'll be able to use that option......

doc
"Study the past if you wish to define the future"

Confucius

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »
BTW, whenever you see a post by Dutch, go ahead and BS him. He likes it. Trust me. He'll do it to you in a NY second.  :fuelfire:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 08:34:25 AM »
Just for asking a good question, I fixed yours for you temporarily.....when you reach 50 posts, you'll be able to use that option......

doc

Why thank you doc.   
:)

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 08:35:07 AM »
BTW, whenever you see a post by Dutch, go ahead and BS him. He likes it. Trust me. He'll do it to you in a NY second.  :fuelfire:

He would huh?  That's what concerns me.  But I'll keep my eye out for this Dutch person you speak of.

Offline Thor

• In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 09:25:36 AM »
He would huh?  That's what concerns me.  But I'll keep my eye out for this Dutch person you speak of.

It's a game he likes to play.....

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 11:40:14 AM »
It's a game he likes to play.....

Bitchslapped, because you enjoy the same game.  :rotf:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 11:46:33 AM »
Bitchslapped, because you enjoy the same game.  :rotf:

And setting up a Noob!  Thank goodness he didn't say anything about peach cobbler.   :whistling:

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 11:53:32 AM »

Also, view any advice from the men here with extreme suspicion until you get your feet under you  :whistling:

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »
Also, view any advice from the men here with extreme suspicion until you get your feet under you  :whistling:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

+1

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 11:57:27 AM »

O-)

Offline thundley4

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 12:28:46 PM »

Hey!  We always have your best interests at heart.  :whistling:

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 12:44:51 PM »
And setting up a Noob!  Thank goodness he didn't say anything about peach cobbler.   :whistling:

What about the peach cobbler?  Was there ice cream involved?

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 12:58:15 PM »

But .. but .. the men are fun!  *wink*

Thanks for the advise.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »
What about the peach cobbler?  Was there ice cream involved?

the peach cobbler issue is one of those "enter this domain at your own peril" kinda deals.

There is ALWAYS ice cream involved. On that score you can depend.